• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

One-time charge (regardless of quantity)

vyung

The problem I am encountering is referring to the following link:

http://www.chibabogu.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=358.

I am trying to set up a product named 'Custom-made Tenegui' - custom printing on a piece of cloth. This product has a product attribute: one-time 'Master Printing' set up fee of 16,500 yen (regardless of quantity).

For example, if a customer chooses a product quantity of 3, the 'Master Printing' fee should remain at 16,500 yen. NOT 3 x 16,500 yen = 49,500 yen.

Problem: Price of all the product attributes that I know will increase proportionally with increase of product quantity. I am unable to find a product attribute that set a 'one-time' only charge.

I also have two other product attributes on the same page. These other product attributes on the page ('Base and Color' and 'Packaging'), however, should increment proportionally with increase of quantity.

Question: How can I set up the product so that I can charge a one-time 'Master Printing' set up fee.

Any helps / attempts are much appreciated.

Edited by vyung

The problem I am encountering is referring to the following link:

http://www.chibabogu.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=358.

I am trying to set up a product named 'Custom-made Tenegui' - custom printing on a piece of cloth. This product has a product attribute: one-time 'Master Printing' set up fee of 16,500 yen (regardless of quantity).

For example, if a customer chooses a product quantity of 3, the 'Master Printing' fee should remain at 16,500 yen. NOT 3 x 16,500 yen = 49,500 yen.

Problem: Price of all the product attributes that I know will increase proportionally with increase of product quantity. I am unable to find a product attribute that set a 'one-time' only charge.

I also have two other product attributes on the same page. These other product attributes on the page ('Base and Color' and 'Packaging'), however, should increment proportionally with increase of quantity.

Question: How can I set up the product so that I can charge a one-time 'Master Printing' set up fee.

Any helps / attempts are much appreciated.

Hi there.

I dont think there is a product attribute which will help you accomplish this. however, you can do the following.

1. If you want this functionality for only this product or a set of products, make a list of them

2. In the product info of such products create a checkbox ( to print or not )

3. if the checkbox is checked and the product thats added to the cart is in the list of products, add to cart a dummy product accounting for the painting ( you could have another add_cart call.

4. similar logic to remove the product when the product is removed from the cart.

Let me know if you need more help on this one.

Regards

Hari