• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to make the order only and do not checkout

givemebonbon

Hi guys, I believe this must be discussed here before, but I could't find a right key word to seach, so if you know, please advise! :rolleyes:

What I want my customer to do is after they click "add to cart", instead of checkout, I want to change the "checkout" button to "Order" button and inform me what do they ordered, quantity, how much is total price.. so I can contact them to confirm if the quantity they ordered is available or not. because my shop is doing wholesale, and sometime is lack of stock.

Many thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

There is an out of stock concept which does not allow for purchase.

why not use that.

Or just create a seperate order form page and use it.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

There is an out of stock concept which does not allow for purchase.

why not use that.

Or just create a seperate order form page and use it.

Satish

Thanks Satish!

Yes, to create an order form page is exately what I needed, and the form can record all the products they order and calculate the total price, but please bear me to ask is there a contribution can make this happen?

Billy

Can't you simply change the payment method to something non-committal and then display a message that says "thank you for your order, we will contact you soon to let you know what is available". If I understand you right, you want all the functionality of the cart, except for the taking the payment and finalizing the order part.

Even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room.

The other way that I know is just get preauthorization of amount that wil be charged but done charge it.

This will save YOu from refunding.As You will charge the amount for which You do have goods.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived