• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Optional Insurance for USPS?

TomB01

First, let me thank the Forum for coming up with some fast fixes to the USPS "capitalization" change last Fall. I'm sure that saved many people a lot of grief, especially me. ;)

I recently loaded the latest change - USPS Methods 2.9.6, and it works great. One reason I upgraded even though the previous fixes worked well, was for Insurance. However, it doesn't appear to offer a customer choice, as I have seen on other webstore sites. Very often, the user is the one best suited to assess his/her own judgment of risk on the shipment. One could probably just enter 0 for insurance less than $50 or something like that for at least some discrimination, but a user choice seems a better feature if there's a way to do it.

Is there a way to interface the USPS system itself to offer a choice of insurance, the same as there is a choice of shipping methods?