• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Oscommerce, using point dollars and no dollars exchange

libman

Hi all,

Would it be possible to use Oscommerce as a point based system. Let me clarify. My boss wants to be able to enter the name of a number of his clients and assign "points" to each client based on the clients performance. Once those points reach a certain level a client can then trade in those points in the store for items. In effect, there is no money exchanged, only points for items. Could OcCommerce be adjusted to do this?

All the best,

libman

Thanks,

Libman

Haven't seen a contribution to do this.

Have you looked?

Have to add a field to customer, make it maintainable, show it on the my account page, develop a payment module to use points rather than cc.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

In effect, just adding dollars as points to someones account is what is needed. I saw that a gift certificate can be sold in oscommerce. Could someone tell me how gift certificates traded in.

For example, can the admin area be adjusted so that gift certificates vouches can be added to a customers future purchasing, but at the same time remove any gift certificates to be sold at the store itself.

Thanks,

G.L.

Thanks,

Libman

Archived