• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes (Option Order regarding size)

Annisse

Hello,

So I listed all my Option Values for SIZES 5 to 16 in the Option Value section in order. When I select an item in the product attributes and assign it a size, starting with size 5 and so on, when I get to size 7, the numbering gets out of order. Why is this and how can I fix this? I need my sizes to fall in order in the drop down menu for size selecting from 5 to 16.

Please advise, any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

~Annissë

Great thank you so much! I tried editing the product_info.php with the coding and it wasn't adjusting my size values in order until I realized I was using a , (comma) instead of a . (decimal point)

Now, I had one more question regarding the product attributes section. Currently, is the only way to assign each size for each product by saving each one by one? WOW! this is gonna take a long time listing sizes for each of my products if this is the only way. <_<

This forum has helped me so much, thank you!

~A

Yes, that would be one way..

The other would be to write a db query yourself that would id the desired products then update the tables when run. You would need to test the query on a test db and back up your 'live' db prior to running.

You might try looking at some of the contributions, may be one in there can do that for you..

Or perhaps someone reading this post could offer a suggestion concerning a contribution.

Lloyd

Yes, that would be one way..

The other would be to write a db query yourself that would id the desired products then update the tables when run. You would need to test the query on a test db and back up your 'live' db prior to running.

You might try looking at some of the contributions, may be one in there can do that for you..

Or perhaps someone reading this post could offer a suggestion concerning a contribution.

Yes, if anyone else can help out that would be great. I am brand new to OS Commerce and can not write programs. So I would have no idea how to even begin to write a db query. I learn by trial and error how to edit PHP documents, this is all new to me. I was proud of myself when I actually got the store up and running being I never have done this before. I absoultely love it and want to learn more! :blush:

Thank you,

~A

It takes a while to get a handle on php if you have no prior knowledge of coding. Suggest getting a book - it helps to be able to look up things to find out what they do.

There are a lot of contributions in the contributions section - suggets you do a search in them for product options then check them out.

Do you have a test site to experiment with?? It helps to be able to test contributions and or code editing before uploading to your live site.

I have a server installed on my pc. XAMPP (its free).. Then I downloaded a full copy of my website to my pc then uploaded to XAMPP. I can then experiment on my pc with my website prior to uploading any changes.

Whatever you do, remember to back up all your files and db before doing anything!

Lloyd

It takes a while to get a handle on php if you have no prior knowledge of coding. Suggest getting a book - it helps to be able to look up things to find out what they do.

There are a lot of contributions in the contributions section - suggets you do a search in them for product options then check them out.

Do you have a test site to experiment with?? It helps to be able to test contributions and or code editing before uploading to your live site.

I have a server installed on my pc. XAMPP (its free).. Then I downloaded a full copy of my website to my pc then uploaded to XAMPP. I can then experiment on my pc with my website prior to uploading any changes.

Whatever you do, remember to back up all your files and db before doing anything!

I just installed TOASTY's - Attribute Sets Plus for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 contribution. It has solved all my issues with multi sizes assigned to each individual product! WOW! what a lifesaver and an amazing contribution!!! :lol:

I just installed TOASTY's - Attribute Sets Plus for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 contribution. It has solved all my issues with multi sizes assigned to each individual product! WOW! what a lifesaver and an amazing contribution!!! :lol:

Thank you for posting your solution.. It helps anyone else that may have the same problem..

Lloyd

Thank you for posting your solution.. It helps anyone else that may have the same problem..

It is a great contribution but alas, I am still finding issues with the install...

I am receiving a FATAL ERROR message in the Configuration section of my ADMIN which reads:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home2/damefata/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home2/damefata/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

and also, I just did a test purchase from my store to make sure my cart and checkout process works and when I add an item to my cart, no matter what size I choose they have have *** next to the product which then states:

Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.

You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process.

Now if anyone can point me in the right direction how to correct these issues, I would be grateful!!

Thank you,

Annissë

Since the function do_magic_quotes_gpc is the first one on page admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php -- the page is probably getting included twice.

This page should only be included on the application_top page. So check it out..

Do a word search for 'compatibility.php'..

The 'Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock' means that the stock or status off the product is 0.

Check the status and stock of the product in the admin panel under catalog. Select the product then click on edit.

Lloyd

Since the function do_magic_quotes_gpc is the first one on page admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php -- the page is probably getting included twice.

This page should only be included on the application_top page. So check it out..

Do a word search for 'compatibility.php'..

The 'Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock' means that the stock or status off the product is 0.

Check the status and stock of the product in the admin panel under catalog. Select the product then click on edit.

OK thank you, I figured out the product stock quantity and got that fixed.

I am lost and can not correct the admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php issue. I checked out the admin/includes/application_top.php and did a search for 'compatibility.php' and it is only included once.

Any other sugguestions??? I have been working on this and searching the forum for hours now.

much appreciated, thank you,

~A

I just thought of something esle and probably more than likely..

The page application_top.php could be included twice and cause the same error since the call for the page compatibility.php is the first require statement on that page.

Whats happening is that the first function on page compatibility.php is being defined twice -- a function can only be defined once.

So Ill bet your contribution is calling the page application-top.php somewhere and the page has already been called. Then when it reaches the require compatibility.php it hits the first function on that page and cannot redeclare it again..

In short, do a word search on each page of the contribution for application_top.php. It may be on a single page twice - in which case remove the latter one - or it may be called by another page which has already called the function.

Check each page that was edited by the contribution..

A tell-tale sign is which page is in the address bar prior to the error?? Which page are you trying to go to when the error occurs??

Lloyd

One more thing - just to make sure you are headed in the right direction.. You can check this error by placing another page in its place...

On the application_top.php page find this line towards the top around Line 34:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'compatibility.php');

Change it to:

// require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'compatibility.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'general.php');

Then find this line around Line 72:

Change it to:

// require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'general.php');

Now the error should be the same but rather than:

Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc

It should be:

Cannot redeclare tep_redirect

Which is the first function on general.php..

If it is, then your application_top.php page is being called twice..

Try it.

Lloyd

I just thought of something esle and probably more than likely..

The page application_top.php could be included twice and cause the same error since the call for the page compatibility.php is the first require statement on that page.

Whats happening is that the first function on page compatibility.php is being defined twice -- a function can only be defined once.

So Ill bet your contribution is calling the page application-top.php somewhere and the page has already been called. Then when it reaches the require compatibility.php it hits the first function on that page and cannot redeclare it again..

In short, do a word search on each page of the contribution for application_top.php. It may be on a single page twice - in which case remove the latter one - or it may be called by another page which has already called the function.

Check each page that was edited by the contribution..

A tell-tale sign is which page is in the address bar prior to the error?? Which page are you trying to go to when the error occurs??

The FATAL ERROR is coming up on "http://mysite.com/catalog/admin/"when I go to Configuration and select something from the drop down menu that is when I get this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home2/damefata/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home2/damefata/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

One more thing - just to make sure you are headed in the right direction.. You can check this error by placing another page in its place...

On the application_top.php page find this line towards the top around Line 34:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'compatibility.php');

Change it to:

Then find this line around Line 72:

Change it to:

// require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'general.php');

Now the error should be the same but rather than:

Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc

It should be:

Cannot redeclare tep_redirect

Which is the first function on general.php..

If it is, then your application_top.php page is being called twice..

Try it.

Hello,

I just edited the application_top.php to what you instructed and now I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home2/mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 35

hmmmm, any idea what this could mean now?

Thank you,

~A

This error:

syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home2/mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 35

Means that you have a '.' (dot) somewhere where it aint suppose to be..

Since it is on line 35 that would be the above editing..

Look at line 35 and see whats there - or copy and post lines 33-36.

Lloyd

This error:

syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home2/mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 35

Means that you have a '.' (dot) somewhere where it aint suppose to be..

Since it is on line 35 that would be the above editing..

Look at line 35 and see whats there - or copy and post lines 33-36.

Yes, there was an "." on line 35 and I re-edited to your original instructions and now I am receiving this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_redirect() (previously declared in /home2/mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:15) in /home2/mysite/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 30

Thank you so much for your help so far!

~A

Where is a drop down list in admin panel under configuration??

Sorry, the Configuration is not a drop down menu, but contains a list, which looks like this exactly. When I click on Administrators this is the only one that does not display the FATAL ERROR.

Configuration

Administrators

My Store

Minimum Values

Maximum Values

Images

Customer Details

Shipping/Packaging

Product Listing

Stock

Logging

Cache

E-Mail Options

Download

GZip Compression

Sessions

Yep, the page application_top.php is being called twice.. You should put that page back the way it was - before you edited it.

The fun part is finding out where the page is being called again. You said that when you clicked on a drop down box under configuration, but I do not know what drop down box you are talking about. Exactly which one is it and what is the page name in your address bar that this drop down box is located on??

Lloyd

When I click on Administrators this is the only one that does not display the FATAL ERROR

You may notice that when you click on administraters the page changes to administrators.php in your address bar.

However when you click on all the rest, the configuration.php page is reloaded..

So I would say check that page 'admin/configuration.php' and if your lucky you may find:

require('includes/application_top.php');

Twice..

Probably will not be that easy. did your contribution include this page??

Lloyd

You may notice that when you click on administraters the page changes to administrators.php in your address bar.

However when you click on all the rest, the configuration.php page is reloaded..

So I would say check that page 'admin/configuration.php' and if your lucky you may find:

Twice..

Probably will not be that easy. did your contribution include this page??

The contribution I installed did not include to edit the 'admin/configuration.php' or the 'includes/application_top.php'.

I just checked out the 'admin/configuration.php' and did not find require('includes/application_top.php'); twice.

Should I do a search for compatibility.php or application_top.php in the editing which was done? Anything else I should search on that would be included twice causing the Fatal Error?

Thank you!!!

~A

The contribution I installed did not include to edit the 'admin/configuration.php' or the 'includes/application_top.php'.

Yeah it couldnt be that easy.

You have to trace the paths that are called on 'admin/configuration.php'.

If you look at the address bar when you click on any selections the only variable getting set is the GET gID

So I would track this variable down and see what pages are accessed,, hopefully one of them will be one that was included in the contribution..

What is the name of the contribution you installed??

Lloyd

Yeah it couldnt be that easy.

You have to trace the paths that are called on 'admin/configuration.php'.

If you look at the address bar when you click on any selections the only variable getting set is the GET gID

So I would track this variable down and see what pages are accessed,, hopefully one of them will be one that was included in the contribution..

What is the name of the contribution you installed??

I am sitting here looking over the contribution install and I am beginning to think this Fatal Error has nothing to do with the install, as in, the editing that was done, but the error definately did start after the install so, maybe something got screwy along the way and is affecting the 'admin/configuration.php' or the 'admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php' ? hmmmm

well, this is the contribution I installed... Linkmatics Attribute Sets Plus v1.2

and don't know if this is worth anything but, here is what my 'admin/configuration.php' currently looks like:

<?php

/*

$Id: configuration.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'save':

$configuration_value = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration_value']);

$cID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . tep_db_input($configuration_value) . "', last_modified = now() where configuration_id = '" . (int)$cID . "'");

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cID));

break;

}

}

$gID = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'])) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] : 1;

$cfg_group_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_group_title from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP . " where configuration_group_id = '" . (int)$gID . "'");

$cfg_group = tep_db_fetch_array($cfg_group_query);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo $cfg_group['configuration_group_title']; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_VALUE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_ACTION; ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

$configuration_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_value, use_function from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_group_id = '" . (int)$gID . "' order by sort_order");

while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {

if (tep_not_null($configuration['use_function'])) {

$use_function = $configuration['use_function'];

if (ereg('->', $use_function)) {

$class_method = explode('->', $use_function);

if (!is_object(${$class_method[0]})) {

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . $class_method[0] . '.php');

${$class_method[0]} = new $class_method[0]();

}

$cfgValue = tep_call_function($class_method[1], $configuration['configuration_value'], ${$class_method[0]});

} else {

$cfgValue = tep_call_function($use_function, $configuration['configuration_value']);

}

} else {

$cfgValue = $configuration['configuration_value'];

}

if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID'] == $configuration['configuration_id']))) && !isset($cInfo) && (substr($action, 0, 3) != 'new')) {

$cfg_extra_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_key, configuration_description, date_added, last_modified, use_function, set_function from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_id = '" . (int)$configuration['configuration_id'] . "'");

$cfg_extra = tep_db_fetch_array($cfg_extra_query);

$cInfo_array = array_merge($configuration, $cfg_extra);

$cInfo = new objectInfo($cInfo_array);

}

if ( (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) && ($configuration['configuration_id'] == $cInfo->configuration_id) ) {

echo ' <tr id="defaultSelected" class="dataTableRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=edit') . '\'">' . "\n";

} else {

echo ' <tr class="dataTableRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="document.location.href=\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $configuration['configuration_id']) . '\'">' . "\n";

}

?>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $configuration['configuration_title']; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($cfgValue); ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if ( (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) && ($configuration['configuration_id'] == $cInfo->configuration_id) ) { echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_arrow_right.gif', ''); } else { echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $configuration['configuration_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFO) . '</a>'; } ?> </td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

</table></td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

switch ($action) {

case 'edit':

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b>');

if ($cInfo->set_function) {

eval('$value_field = ' . $cInfo->set_function . '"' . htmlspecialchars($cInfo->configuration_value) . '");');

} else {

$value_field = tep_draw_input_field('configuration_value', $cInfo->configuration_value);

}

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('configuration', FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=save'));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_EDIT_INTRO);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br><b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b><br>' . $cInfo->configuration_description . '<br>' . $value_field);

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');

break;

default:

if (isset($cInfo) && is_object($cInfo)) {

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . $cInfo->configuration_title . '</b>');

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['gID'] . '&cID=' . $cInfo->configuration_id . '&action=edit') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_edit.gif', IMAGE_EDIT) . '</a>');

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . $cInfo->configuration_description);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_INFO_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_short($cInfo->date_added));

if (tep_not_null($cInfo->last_modified)) $contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_INFO_LAST_MODIFIED . ' ' . tep_date_short($cInfo->last_modified));

}

break;

}

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {

echo ' <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;

echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo ' </td>' . "\n";

}

?>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

this is the contribution I installed... Linkmatics Attribute Sets Plus v1.2

I looked at the contribution and it has some major hand editing to be performed to quite a few pages.

1) /catalog/admin/categories.php

2) /catalog/product_info.php

3) /catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

4) /catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

5) /catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php

6) /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

7) /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

8) /catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

9) /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

10) /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

11) /catalog/admin/stylesheet.css

Did you edit all these pages? and install the sql file?

If you did all this, your second call could be on any of these pages - if you made any mistakes.

If you didnt make any mistakes then I would check:

1) /catalog/admin/categories.php

2) /catalog/product_info.php

3) /catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

5) /catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php

7) /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

8) /catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

Your other option is to contact the person who wrote the contribution or put your store back the way it was before installing.

Lloyd

Archived