• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN

stiofansisland

ok this is really annoying me as i'v lost out on 3 orders this week because of this problem :'(

ok i have paypal IPN setup on my install, it workes gr8 for all uk customers but when any foren customers try to order it messed up and paypal throws out this error

"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address"

i checed it with a few test accounts and it seems that if paypal cant recognise the address it wont proccess the payment? is that right? someone please help me solve this!!!

thanx steven :thumbsup:

found the fooking answer myself after alot of looking!!! so here it is!

in /includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

edit out this bit of code lie so

// $parameters['address_override'] = '1';

so search for "address_override" and edit out the bit of cod as above! now you can accept orders from abrod!!

if i helped you please let me know as i searched about 6-7 houres for this one fix! so send me a pm or something i would be nice to know i helped sum1 with the same proble :thumbsup:

so search for "address_override" and edit out the bit of cod as above! now you can accept orders from abrod!!

if i helped you please let me know as i searched about 6-7 houres for this one fix! so send me a pm or something i would be nice to know i helped sum1 with the same proble :thumbsup:

Perfect!

If an address was perfect and properly formatted, no problem. But, let a customer misspell something or use av instead of Ave.....a complete block.

I have 5 orders since friday that are just sitting there and undoubtedly will not get finished.

I think this was it!

Thank you sir! My hat is off.

• 2 months later...

This seems like a death trap, I just updated my IPN and this was getting me, I commented it out and now my orders are passing through to PP just fine. The only remaining problem I'm having is the classic missing post back. I use godaddy but I have installed the cURL http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128 ...?