• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Displaying certain categories on index.php

bolty2uk

Hi all..

At present i have the most recently uploaded items being displayed on the home page by default.

As i have a site that has seasonal products.,which are in different categories, i was just wondering if their was a way to display the most recently added items in a certain category.

I have seen contribs that list cats on the home page but all i need is the last added items in a certain category rather than the default new products..

If anyone could shed some light on a fix or contrib for this it would be much appreciated..

many thanks

Hi all..

At present i have the most recently uploaded items being displayed on the home page by default.

As i have a site that has seasonal products.,which are in different categories, i was just wondering if their was a way to display the most recently added items in a certain category.

I have seen contribs that list cats on the home page but all i need is the last added items in a certain category rather than the default new products..

If anyone could shed some light on a fix or contrib for this it would be much appreciated..

many thanks

I'm not going to write it all for you but the following may help with the SQL.

Add your own categories_id

Add your own language_id

Add more to the SELECT as needed

SELECT pd.products_name
FROM products_description pd
LEFT JOIN products_to_categories p2c
ON p2c.products_id = pd.products_id
WHERE categories_id = 22
AND pd.language_id=1

thanks for input guys, ive had a good look at the 'featured product' contrib but it just seems to do too much for what i need. I just need to display items in a certain category instead of the new products,

I will have a play with the queries and see what i can do i was just interestd if anyone had done it before.

once again, thanks.

Archived