• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

On my site the module IS installed properly and works with checks and money order so It's not an install problem or another mod hack problem ! Otherwise the affiliate won't work at all or would generate some errors.

I found misc explanations to make your contrib works with CC, bunch of post mention they put a code on checkout_process.php, kind of:

// Affiliate Info

if (!tep_session_is_registered('my_affilliate_total')) {

tep_session_register('my_affilliate_total');

}

$my_affilliate_total=$order->info['total']-$order->info['shipping_cost'];

and then on checkout_success.php a code to create an image tag to send variables to the affiliate tag.

Which makes more sense than the only tag provided and which doesn't work with CC:

// Include OSC-AFFILIATE

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'affiliate_checkout_process.php');

But I do not have a clear idea about the exact code to stick on checkout_success.php.

Fact is there is a problem, (not only me) and no answer. What good would it be to update to V2.3 or downgrade to 1.9 as the code is the same than on V2.00?

Lola

Ms2

affiliate V2.00

I have 2.03 running on several sites using all types of payment options and providing the module is installed properly the script works fine.

Ive seen people report issues where their cart isnt emptied after the end of a sale and these same people have issues with the affiliate sale not being recorded...

its not the affiliate module at fault but more likely another mod of hack that has been applied to the store.

I would not recommend 1.09 on any MS2 or newer store

from what ive seen the bug fixed 2.5 (neither henri or i did that release) has a few bugs of its own

90% of the time issesu with the script are caused by it not being installed properly

just go back thru the install of the module and compare the original checkout_process from a default copy of oscommerce wiht your own to ensure no other changes have been made.

Lola

No, not really, but they do have access to all the links in the Affiliate Menus and Affiliate Account too.

It would be nice to be able to approve them first so that you can set restrictions on how they use your code. This will allow you to verify their websites and your code being used.

Has anyone set this up to where the affiliates have to be approved first on their site? If so, how did you do it? Thanks!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Has anyone set this up to where the affiliates have to be approved first on their site? If so, how did you do it? Thanks!

i was looking for this too... i haven't seen any script for this but i think the new user 'confirm email' module would be best, if that could be converted to use for affiliate sign up.

i) new affiliates sign up and get an auto-email asking them to click to the link to confirm their email address

ii) once the email is confirmed they can stat using the affiliate codes

or =======

i) new affiliates sign up and get an auto-email asking them to click to the link to confirm their email address

ii) once email address is confirmed the would-be affiliate goes on to a 'account pending authorisation' mode (this is done using another script available from oscommerce contributions

iii) you can able/disable (via admin) the affiliate from logging in as an affilaite via your site anytime you want (i.e if they have spammed etc).

this sounds like a good idea.... can anyone suggest anything else?

here's the url for the control-log in contribution (it is set to default so every new customer account is disabled until activated via admin) :-

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,control+log+in

and here's the url for the e-mail validation (customers have to click the link in order to validate their account and cannot sign in until it is done!):

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...mail+validation

good luck

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I havent looked at this 2.5 contribution but i don know im getting a lot of people lodging bug tickets at my site on it, which is quite funny seeing its not my version.... but i know 2.03 works fine, just apply the bug fixes mentioned in these forums for it (which are mainly typos, and the missing faq files)

ok, did all that ad now it seems that all my user end and back admin end options work except that i have set the payment to be made to '0' not '30' days (just to check if the pament page works) and also change the payout threshold to ?1.00... but it doesn't work.

in the admin, i click on the payment link in the affiliate box and the page is blank? it doesn't list the pending payments to affiliates even though i have 'delivered' the items.

please advise

thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

i was looking for this too... i haven't seen any script for this but i think the new user 'confirm email' module would be best, if that could be converted to use for affiliate sign up.

ii) once the email is confirmed they can stat using the affiliate codes

or    =======

ii) once email address is confirmed the would-be affiliate goes on to a 'account pending authorisation' mode (this is done using another script available from oscommerce contributions

iii) you can able/disable (via admin) the affiliate from logging in as an affilaite via  your site anytime you want (i.e if they have spammed etc).

this sounds like a good idea.... can anyone suggest anything else?

here's the url for the control-log in contribution (it is set to default so every new customer account is disabled until activated via admin) :-

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,control+log+in

and here's the url for the e-mail validation (customers have to click the link in order to validate their account and cannot sign in until it is done!):

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...mail+validation

good luck

I would say it should automatically go to 'account pending authorisation' mode (this is done using another script available from oscommerce contributions that you can able/disable (via admin) the affiliate from logging in as an affilaite via your site anytime you want (i.e if they have spammed etc). As they will have to get an email telling them the account is active anyway so that will verify the email address...

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

orders will not run thru the payment module until 30 days minimum regardless of what you set it to.

setting it to 0 will not work

thanks mate... will wait patiently to test it.

thanks for your help (sorry if some of the questions seem to be 'amatuer-ish' but i'm just a copy and paste type of guy with not much knowledge of php/html/etc

thanks

CHOOCH

Does anyone know how I can remove certain field on the register an affiliate account screen? Eg, the credit card fields etc?

Thanks.

Just edit the appropriate file, it is in the modules/ directory and comment out the code for the field you want to remove.

Does it really have credit card fields? Anyway you should be able to turn off things like bank details by the setting in your admin panel

admin-->configurations-->Affiliate Program-->Pay affiliate by bank (false)

http://domain.com/catalog/default.php?ref=278

when a user goes to this address,by clicking on an ad they get this error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '1026811' for key 1

insert into affiliate_clickthroughs (affiliate_id, affiliate_clientdate, affiliate_clientbrowser, affiliate_clientip, affiliate_clientreferer, affiliate_products_id, affiliate_banner_id) values ('278', '2005-08-18 09:53:00', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/412.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/412.2', '67.93.248.210', '', '', '')

anyone knows what is causing it.

How does the cookie system work?

Do they get credit for all sales within x days or only the first sale within x days?

Thanks!

snowman, radders, or anyone else who knows about this contrib.

I've got everyone working well except Paypal I found some solutions for the old paypal 2.6 but I'm using the newer PayPal_IPN 1.1. I tried sticking

include(affiliate_checkout_process.php);

in various spots but I can't seem to make it register. I've viewed the database and it just is not creating a sale record in the affiliates_sales table. Any ideas on how to fix this or what code I need to add to register the PayPal affiliate sales? :blink:

thanks mate... will wait patiently to test it.

thanks

wait a sec... 30 days is a long time to find out that the script may not work...

i decided to play around with the sql to manipulate the dates to try to 'backdate' the sales and affiliate registration. i cant find it.

what is the best way to try to change it, just to see if it works? if after 30 days it doesn't work - i'll have to find the prob, fix it and wait another 30 days to know if it works or not!

please advise

CHOOCH

posted in wrong place!!! sorry

been looking at this forum for over two hours and can't find the solution.

does anyone know how to get the catalog/stylesheet.css to actually work in the catalog/affiliate_signup.php

the boxes are that horrible shade of blue, yuk!

thanks in advance

CHOOCH

posted in wrong place!!! sorry

been looking at this forum for over two hours and can't find the solution.

does anyone know how to get the catalog/stylesheet.css to actually work in the catalog/affiliate_signup.php

the boxes are that horrible shade of blue, yuk!

thanks in advance

What are you talking about? It does use the default stylesheet. You must have that ugly blue already in your default catalog stylesheet I see no ugly blue boxes on my test site...

What are you talking about? It does use the default stylesheet. You must have that ugly blue already in your default catalog stylesheet I see no ugly blue boxes on my test site...

this is what i have in my affiliate_signup.php

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re

sizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=480,height=360,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l

eft=150')

}

//--></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('affiliate_signup', tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SIGNUP, '', 'SSL'), 'post') . tep_draw_hidden_field('action', 'process'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_account.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

i'm missing something...

CHOOCH

ok, just found what i needed to change in the sql to falsify the dates for

a: affiliate registration

and

b: date the affiliate sales were made

the purpose of this was to not wait 30 days to see if i can use the payments link to pay their commissions.

if you click the sales links it tells you which affiliate is credited with what sale, etc but when you click the payment, then start billing link, it says all affiliates have been billed sucessfully (spelt wrong!) but the affiliates are still not listed in the page....

after falsifying the dates, everythin seemed the same except when i clicked the billing link.. the affiliates actually came up and i was allowed hich affiliates to bill/credit and which to edit or delete.

still need to wait 30 days real time to be on the safe even though you great guys and gals say it works!

this is truly a F A N T A S T I C mod. thanks to all the guys and gals that made this work :-)

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Is there a demo of this software anywhere? I saw there was one way back in 2002...but the link is no longer working.

Alternatively, does anyone have a site where they would permit me to sign up as an affiliate, to see that end of the process?

Thanks!

I just had an experienced affiliate ask me about "ready built store pages " Apparently this is when the affiliate program builds the content for the page for them link basically the way amazon.com affiliate works under "Recommended Product Links " in the affiliate section is you specify a keyword and it generates basically 9 random build a links combined into one easy cut and paste code (formated 3 images a row into 3 columns).

Has anyone else had any experience with this or modified their store to create these type of pages?

There was a script one a while back which allowed you to create your own branded store...not quite the same thing but it should do what you want.

I dont knwo if its still in development or if its compatible with the current releases though...

mind you having said that it shouldnt be to hard to build a "stores" system

There was a script one a while back which allowed you to create your own branded store...not quite the same thing but it should do what you want.

I dont knwo if its still in development or if its compatible with the current releases though...

mind you having said that it shouldnt be to hard to build a "stores" system

I can see you could create a cut and paste store page for your affiliates by grouping a bunch of code and copy and pasting it. However affiliate programs such as All Posters and Amazon.com allow you to create dynamic stores instantly where the products can change as best sellers change and so on. They use this iframe linked to some sort of dynamic page.

Here is a sample of the code for the Dyanmic Poster page with 20 products per page:

<IFRAME name="apciframe" id="apciframe" style="width:629;height:1083;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" src="http://affiliates.allposters.com/PosterStore/345276_PosterStore.htm" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"><A class="APCAnchor" HREF="http://affiliates.allposters.com/link/redirect.asp?AID=1640492379&PSTID=4&LTID=16">Buy Posters at AllPosters.com </A></IFRAME>

much more elegant than hundreds of lines of codes for them to cut and past and a piece of cake for the affiliate. I can see why some affiliates will not join programs without this feature it makes it so easy for them.

Ideas anyone on how we can create something simular that will accurately track our affiliates and make it easy for them to list multiple products? :thumbsup:

Here are some changes I've made to my build a link system I thought you all might find useful. Its not quite the build a page I mentioned a post or two ago, but it has expanded features from the standard including 5 link options instead of 2, popup product list with clickable links to pictures and a second popup product list with the products pictured. Note: this second popup product list may or may not work well for your site (if you have alot of products or huge images this part will load very slow). I also fixed it so now when affiliates are building links it will no longer count this as a view of the banner by creating seperate code for the banner and the cut and paste text! So they will NOT accumulate hundreds of views or impressions while they try to build their product links now!

Lets keeping talking on how we can improve this build a link feature as I think it is very important to all of us. Consider this the first step to improving the build a link feature..... :D

Let me know how you like it and if you do I'll post it in an update to the contribution.

Some Screen Shots:

affiliate1.gif

affiliate2.gif

Available here for the next week or so (till 8/31/05):

http://www.homewetbar.com/affiliatechanges.zip

NOTE:

You must use image type 2 for this to work.

DO NOT CREATE ACCOUNTS ON MY SITE IT IS LIVE AND I WILL BAN YOU IF YOU DO. Thanks for being considerate! :thumbsup:

Edited by homewetbar