• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

Hiya, I wonder if some kind soul could help me answer the following questions about this plugin:

- When visitors click through and purchase goods how robust is OSC at tracking and reporting the sales?

- Can we exclude certain products?

- Can we exclude VAT and carriage?

Hi there.

First up, thanks for a great contribution. I just installed and it appears to work really well.

Just wanted to let you know of a minor bug.

If you register as an affiliate, then delete that affiliate from the admin area, when you try to re-register as an affiliate the details don't seem to get inserted into the database, instead you get something like:

The Affiliate Program

Welcome

Your Affiliate ID:

and when you log out, it says (you weren't logged in!).

It might be a problem with sessions. (when I re-registered with a different browser it worked fine).

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Silas.

• 4 weeks later...

hi, is this contribution have support?

my news page is also not working and i can see allot of people have this same problem, can someone please please please help fix this problem? it makes your affiliates program look like its not working properly to have a page that puts out an error.

1146 - Table 'webstore_store.affiliate_news_contents' doesn't exist

select affiliate_news_headlines as headline, affiliate_news_contents as content,date_added, news_status from affiliate_news, affiliate_news_contents where news_id = affiliate_news_id and affiliate_news_languages_id = '1' and news_status = 1 order by date_added desc

[TEP STOP]

thanks

My index.php in admin is almost 300 lines long...are you sure you're looking in the right "index.php" file?

I have the same problem, like trstone

This is the index.php in the latest osCommerce release. There are no such lines, described in the install file.

I also would like to know, what to do now. It has 122 lines.

EDIT: I am an idiot. There is an index file for RC 2.2 on the contribution site.

Edited by Hunnenkoenig

You havent completed the install.

You need to add the tables to the database.php file in admin/includes.

Have another good read of the instructions.

I have the same errors with TABLE_AFFILIATE doesn't exist and I can tell you, I have read the install file, but there is no word about manually adding variables into different php pages.

This is not the first time, I have to edit php files for this contribution based on forum postings, because the install file don't even mention it.

It's a very bad written instruction. I hope, the contribution works better than the install.

Thanks for the help anyways. I will try to manually edit this.

EDIT: Nope, it doiesn't work.

The tables are defined in affiliate_application_top.php and even if I add the database tables to admin/includes/database_tables.php, it doesn't help.

Edited by Hunnenkoenig

EDIT: Nope, it doiesn't work.

The tables are defined in affiliate_application_top.php and even if I add the database tables to admin/includes/database_tables.php, it doesn't help.

Can't edit anymore.

I included the database names not in admin/includes/database_tables, but in catalog/include/database_tables.php and now I don't get the error, but the page is blank after the signup.

As I said, this is the worst contribution install until now, and I have installed plenty of them.

Now I managed all the errors I discovered until now.

If somebody have issues with STS4 and popup windows for help textes, here is a solution from another topic, which worked like a charm for me.

Chris,

I do not use that contribution but here are some suggestions:

If the contribution has some pages that are not working with STS or you would rather those pages (popups) not be templated by STS, you could easily instruct STS to ignore them.

:thumbsup: How to exclude a page from being templated in STSv4.4 and above:

In the sts_default.php file, find the following code:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup") || strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))
  return ''; // We don't use template for these scripts

Add your php file that you want STS to exclude and it will not template that file. Note: Add the script name as follows:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup") || strstr($scriptbasename, "your_script_here")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

That should do the trick for you.

Hope this helped,

My code looks now:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "affiliate_help")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))

Edited by Hunnenkoenig

The 2.7 version of the affiliate module has A LOT of typos in it. I have fixed all of them (I think).

I have uploaded my fix to the confirmation email here:

http://walki-talki.com/affiliate_html_mail.zip

For this fix to work, you MUST turn html emailing on in your control panel.

Thanks for this!

I also had the problem with email after signup not showing account informations.

This affiliate contribution is way the worst of all bad programmed contributions! I am installing it since 2 days. I experienced every single error described in this thread.

Edited by Hunnenkoenig

How can you manually change the affiliate linked to another affiliate using the two tier system. I would like to change it manually in the database so that it links one affiliate as sub affiliate from another. After looking at the tables I am not sure exactly how it works and which columns to change.

How can you manually change the affiliate linked to another affiliate using the two tier system. I would like to change it manually in the database so that it links one affiliate as sub affiliate from another. After looking at the tables I am not sure exactly how it works and which columns to change.

Can some explain how the tier system works? particularity the fields: affiliate_lft affiliate_rgt affiliate_root...

We have a client who was referred from a friend but they are not getting any credit from it so I need to manually change these fields to link the afficates but I don't understand how the affiliate_lft & affiliate_rgt fields work!

Please help... thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I know this might sound RIDICULOUS, but i was wondering if someone could explain exactly how this works?? I mean, how it is on the user end and the admin end. I really looked through millions of uploads and not one really explained WHAT it was.

I am looking for a referral type addon so that if my brides refer people to our website and they sign up with us, they get a discount or cash.. but i wanted to know more about THIS

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I am currently experiening a problem with the OSC affiliate mod. Everything is install but when I create a banner the picture is very large. I need the banner to be a certain size say (468x60 or 125x125). Can anyone help me with this problem.

Please see an example at http://www.shop.hugh-taylor.com The "I love you" bear is too large

Thanks in Advance

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone please tell me why I am getting 3 of everything in Admin / Affiliate:

Title Value Action

E-Mail Address <[email protected]>

E-Mail Address <[email protected]> Info

E-Mail Address <[email protected]> Info

Affiliate Pay Per Sale Payment % Rate 10.0000 Info

Payment Threshold 50.00 Info

Cookie Lifetime 7200 Info

Billing Time 30 Info

Billing Time 30 Info

Billing Time 30 Info

Order Min Status 3 Info

Order Min Status 3 Info

Order Min Status 3 Info

Pay Affiliates with check true Info

Pay Affiliates with check true Info

Pay Affiliates with check false Info

Pay Affiliates with PayPal true Info

Pay Affiliates by Bank true Info

Individual Affiliate Percentage true Info

Use Affiliate-tier false Info

Number of Tierlevels 0 Info

Percentage Rate for the Tierlevels 8.00;5.00;1.00 Info

Affiliate News 3 Info

Affiliate News 3 Info

Affiliate News 3 Info

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Add the same problem, I fix by

Go to your MySQL database, under the Configuration click on browse go to the last page and delete the extra lines

Be careful

• 2 weeks later...

Great contrib.

How can I split banner pages?

I have many different banners for categories, because of 3 languages and many categories. How can I add a function, which splits the page after - let's say - 6 banners and gives a link to the bottom for the next page?

Any help would be appreciated.

It would be even better, if on the categorie banner page I could see my categories and only if I click the category, I get the banners only for that category. The page splitting function would be still nice also on those pages.

Edited by Hunnenkoenig

Is there any comprehensive documentation for this, or just the help files once it's installed?

Does this contribution include:

1. Amazon-style affiliate links that pass the affiliate code in the referring URL

2. A "referrer code" input for manual user entry of an affiliate code

trying to work out if there's a 'discount voucher code' system with Osc Affiliate (or other contrib).

I want my affiliates to have a unique code that they can pass onto their customers, which will allow those customers to claim a (lifetime) discount when they enter it in my store. Some of my affiliates don't have sites, so the ability to offer their customers an email code, or a printed coupon is critical, and i need to be able to track which coupon is coming from which affiliate.

does this exist already?

thx in advance for any pointers, been searching for a while!

dave

Has anybody addressed these questions? I also am very interested in this contribution, but the ability for users to both click on a link and manually enter the affiliate code are features I need.

Thank you.

I have problem with Order Min Status.

My "Shipped, Completed" status is 3.

I have "Order Cancelled" status as 4.

Now if I set Order minimum status to 3, those who have order cancelled status (4) will still have Affiliates earning the commission, which is NOT correct.

I hope to change the Order Minimum status to Order Status instead. Meaning that Affiliates will only get paid if the Order status is 3, nothing but 3.

How can this be done?

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

I have problem with Order Min Status.

My "Shipped, Completed" status is 3.

I have "Order Cancelled" status as 4.

Now if I set Order minimum status to 3, those who have order cancelled status (4) will still have Affiliates earning the commission, which is NOT correct.

I hope to change the Order Minimum status to Order Status instead. Meaning that Affiliates will only get paid if the Order status is 3, nothing but 3.

How can this be done?

Very strange. In a stock oscommerce store the way contribution works is it is supposed to delete the affiliate sales in automatically once the order is 'deleted'. I am not sure how you set up your '4th' order status but you would need to manually edit code to get the two to work. I suggest you use the good old 'delete' button to remove any non-sales and therefore remove any potential affiliate sales.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Has anybody addressed these questions? I also am very interested in this contribution, but the ability for users to both click on a link and manually enter the affiliate code are features I need.

Thank you.

When you register as an affiliate you receive a unique Affiliate ID. The URL's you place on you sites/ads are www.affilaiteyourstorename.com?id3 etc so that takes care of part one of your question.

There is no referer Affiliate ID code to enter when customers register however, you can apply some initiative and get something similar by:

First using a Where Did You Hear About Us contribution (which will allow manual entry of a name in a text input field) in either create_account or checkout

and then

Secondly by bringing up all your customers in admin by selecting the 'referer' - obviously you will have to do the hard work in linking the sales to percentages

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Very strange. In a stock oscommerce store the way contribution works is it is supposed to delete the affiliate sales in automatically once the order is 'deleted'. I am not sure how you set up your '4th' order status but you would need to manually edit code to get the two to work. I suggest you use the good old 'delete' button to remove any non-sales and therefore remove any potential affiliate sales.

Dear Chooch,

Thanks for replying to my request.

The reason I keep the orders instead of deleting them is because I need to keep all order number in my store for auditing purpose. If there are missing orders, then I will have problem with my account, and if my staff delete a shipped order by mistake, then there will be another problem. We prefer to use new "Order Cancelled" status to indicate that the order is no longer valid.

To setup the 4th Status of "Order Cancelled" is very easy and can be added at the Localization --> order status.

I am not familiar with php, not sure where to edit in OSC-Affiliate code in order to change from Minimum Order Status 3 to Exact Order Status 3. It should be something like Order status = 3, instead of >= 3.

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Dear Chooch,

The reason I keep the orders instead of deleting them is because I need to keep all order number in my store for auditing purpose. If there are missing orders, then I will have problem with my account, and if my staff delete a shipped order by mistake, then there will be another problem. We prefer to use new "Order Cancelled" status to indicate that the order is no longer valid.

To setup the 4th Status of "Order Cancelled" is very easy and can be added at the Localization --> order status.

I am not familiar with php, not sure where to edit in OSC-Affiliate code in order to change from Minimum Order Status 3 to Exact Order Status 3. It should be something like Order status = 3, instead of >= 3.

There are so many people making modifications of all sorts using various techniques so I didn't know what you did to achieve your 4th order status.

I think what you're asking for can be achieved quite easily but I haven't looked at the affiliate coding in for many months so off hand I can't help you and I don't have time to filter through it either as I am working on my own projects. I think it may be a good start for you to look at the contribution before you start looking at your store in general to find the status settings. If you're not familiar with php it may be a good time to start getting to know it since you do use it.

CHOOCH

Dear Chooch,

I just had a look at this in my store, why don't you simply delete the corresponding affiliate sale in admin thus bypassing your order status 4? That has no effect on you keeping the order in admin/orders.php

CHOOCH

Hello,

I have installed Affiliate but I am using a Dutch and a English translation. Now when I want to pay someone in the Affiliate program that it is of no problem in the english version, but when I switch to the Dutch side I cannot see the one I have to pay anymore. I cannot even change the status of the payment.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks

Check for two things before doing anything else...

First, make sure the same modifications to your admin/includes/languages/english.php are applied to your admin/includes/languages/dutch.php files

Second, make sure that all affiliate (language) files in admin/includes/languages/english/AFFILIATE_FILES.php also exist in admin/includes/languages/dutch/AFFILIATE_FILES.php

If memory serves me correct there were no Dutch files in the affiliate download so you need to transfer all the English language files to the Dutch folder but of course editing the translation. Hope that helps

Hello,

I have installed Affiliate but I am using a Dutch and a English translation. Now when I want to pay someone in the Affiliate program that it is of no problem in the english version, but when I switch to the Dutch side I cannot see the one I have to pay anymore. I cannot even change the status of the payment.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks

CHOOCH

Check for two things before doing anything else...

First, make sure the same modifications to your admin/includes/languages/english.php are applied to your admin/includes/languages/dutch.php files

Second, make sure that all affiliate (language) files in admin/includes/languages/english/AFFILIATE_FILES.php also exist in admin/includes/languages/dutch/AFFILIATE_FILES.php

If memory serves me correct there were no Dutch files in the affiliate download so you need to transfer all the English language files to the Dutch folder but of course editing the translation. Hope that helps

The modifications are oke. Everything is working in order. changed alle the files simmelar to the english files What I found was this solution, but I really don't understand any of it.

i�ve solved the problem in my shop - in the file affiliate_payment.php (admin) the queries use the language_id - i have changed each query and deleted the part "and affiliate_language_id=...." - the it works.

Backup your affiliate_payment.php and try it! ;-)