• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

We are considering setting up osCAffiliate, but wanted to know if there is a way to set commissions per product rather than a flat percentage? Also, is there a way to exclude a product from the affiliate program?

I tried a google search but it didn't seem to find this info - so if I've missed it I apologize.

TIA

:D

This add-on/contribution MIGHT be what you are working for... not per product, but it appears you can tell it what products CAN be sold by your affiliate.

I haven't tried it though.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1858

Edited by varnco

Hello,

Will someone explain me how this extension works because I cant`t make it work on my osCommerce. I created an account, make a text link for product, open this link with another browser with a diffrent user, added it to cart, went to checkout and than paid using PayPal sandbox, the osCommerce said that the product is now pending. When I go to administration affiliate program I see no change.

I guess I can`t get the exact idea for affiliate so .. can you u explain me how it works

Thank you

Is there any comprehensive documentation for this, or just the help files once it's installed?

Does this contribution include:

1. Amazon-style affiliate links that pass the affiliate code in the referring URL

2. A "referrer code" input for manual user entry of an affiliate code

Is there any comprehensive documentation for this, or just the help files once it's installed?

Does this contribution include:

1. Amazon-style affiliate links that pass the affiliate code in the referring URL

2. A "referrer code" input for manual user entry of an affiliate code

Documentation is very limited. To my knowledge, it is limited to what ships with the package.

I am not familiar with Amazon style links, but I believe the answer to both questions is yes. The URL structure is very simple. It can be customized by the affiliate quite simply.

Payam

walki-talki.com

Payam

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some documentation I've put together. Not sure it's 100% correct, as I'm still testing this out. I'm about 95% ready to go.

How to use OSC Affiliate:

++++++++++

CONFIGURATION TAB IN ADMIN:

Affiliate Pay Per Sales Payment % - amount of commission you will pay each affiliate for each order. This is a global %.

Payment Threshold - minimum amount an affiliate has to have earned before you will payout. This is a total of all commissions, not per sale.

(example: if your threshold is $25, when you press payment, commissions to be paid won't be calculated until their cumulative commissions equals $25 or more.)

Cookie Timeout - how long the cookie to track affiliate clicks will be active. This is in seconds.

Billing Time - How aged an order needs to be before you will pay commission. This is important so you can exclude any returns. Recommend 30 days

Order Min Status - The status the account needs to be in before it will calculate a commission for an affiliate sale. In my shop, "1"= pending, "2"= processing and "3" = completed/shipped.

Pay Affilaites by (check, bank, paypal) - Payment methods you will offer your affiliates for paying their commissions. This program does not have a payment system.. you will have to do that seperately/on your own using paypal or writing checks, etc.

Individual Affliate Percentage - If you want to assign a specific percentage to an affiliate instead of the global %

Use Affiliate Tier - set whether your affiliate can have affiliates

Tier Levels - how many levels? Just an affiliate and one affiliate under, or can the affiliate under the affiliate have an affiliate under them and so on?

Percentage Rate for Tier Levels - Payout options for the tier affiliates. You must have Individual affiliate turned off

to use tier levels

Affiliate News - How many "Affiliate News" items appear under news for affiliates when they log into their affiliate account.

+++++++++

AFFILIATE TAB IN ADMIN:

Summary - Self Explanatory

Affiliates - Names of affiliates signed up and a link to their individual stats (similar to "Summary")

Payment - This will generate a "payment sheet" for any affiliate sales that qualify for a commission and have the commission amount as pending. That is, the customer's order must be in the "STATUS" that you set in configuration (1, 2, 3, etc.) AND the "billing time" must have passed (set up in configuration) AND the total of commissions for the affiliate must exceed your set "payment threshold". After you actually pay your affiliate, you mark the sale as paid and send an email update to affiliate (similar to how you send one to a customer for a update to their order). This module does not automatically pay any $$ towards affiliate. You do that separately.

Sales - Sales made by the affiliates.

Clicks - Clicks made on affiliate links (sources)

Banners - Set up banners (and text links) for your products/categories

- Set up a banner link and ti will automatically set up a text only link as well, using the name of the banner link.

- Click on the little double squares graphic to the left of the listing of the banners, to see a popup of the banner.

Affiliate News - News to your affiliates. Displays on the screen once your affiliate has logged in. HTML can be used.

Affiliate Newsletter - create affiliate newsletter if you want to mail a newsletter to your affiliates. If you

want HTML newsletters, see below how to make this change.

Contacts - If you want to send an email to an individual affiliate or all affiliates.

++++++++

CHANGE AFFILIATE NEWSLETTER FROM TEXT HTML:

in admin/includes/modules/newsletters/affiliate_newsletter.php

Find this:

$mimemessage->add_text($this->content);

change to:

$mimemessage->add_html($this->content);

++++++++

DISABLE PAYING TAXES ON AFFILIATE PAYMENTS:

Find in admin/affiliate_configure.php:

define ('AFFILIATE_TAX_ID','1'); // Tax Rates used for billing the affiliates

Put this from a 1 to a 0 tax rate.

++++++++

"From" email address on affiliate newsletters or regular affiliate email is not correct:

-Make sure you have set up the email address for your server.

-Make sure you have entered the return email address under the configuration tab.

+++++++

FAQ can be found and edited here:

includes/languages/english/affiliate_faq.php

TERMS can be found and edited here:

includes/languages/english/affiliate_terms.php

+++++++

OTHER CONFIGURATION OPTIONS:

Other configuration options change from false to true or true to false to suit your needs. Where the option

is days, you either enter "false" or the # of days:

/admin/includes/affiliate_configure.php

define ('AFFILIATE_NOTIFY_AFTER_BILLING','false'); // Nofify affiliate if he got a new invoice

define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_ORDERS','false'); // Delete affiliate_sales if an order is deleted (Warning: Only not yet billed sales are deleted)

define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_CLICKTHROUGHS','false'); // (days / false) To keep the clickthrough report small you can set the days after which they are deleted (when calling affiliate_summary in the admin)

define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_AFFILIATE_BANNER_HISTORY','false'); // (days / false) To keep thethe table AFFILIATE_BANNER_HISTORY small you can set the days after which they are deleted (when calling affiliate_summary in the admin)

Is there a way that you could post a brand new, complete package of osCommerce with OSC-Affiliate already configured on it. I'd like to start with that sort of blank slate and then make alterations to the store to configure everything else. Thanks.

If you can, please post the package at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,158

I bet there would be others who'd appreciate this strategy.

Thanks.

Is there a way that you could post a brand new, complete package of osCommerce with OSC-Affiliate already configured on it. I'd like to start with that sort of blank slate and then make alterations to the store to configure everything else. Thanks.

If you can, please post the package at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,158

I bet there would be others who'd appreciate this strategy.

Thanks.

The current release is a breeze to install on RC2.2 RC2.

But there is an order to install it.......

1: osCAffiliate v2.8

2: correct_affiliate_query

3: bug_fixed

4: 22RC1Files_v1

Can't remember the second time I installed it if I followed the 2.8, or the 22RC1 installation text. There is a bit of text in the step 1 that will not make sense because of the old OSC instructions. Skip it and move on. But really, I think it took all of 5 minutes to install on a base OSC installation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I tested this on a blank installation of OSC and it works like a charm. Now i want to add it to my customized shop.

I have the SEO urls - will that be a problem for the product id?

Also i don't have shipping because i sell templates...so instead of delivered i have "link sent to your account"..will that count as delivered?

Let me know...thanks

Hello

I tested this on a blank installation of OSC and it works like a charm. Now i want to add it to my customized shop.

I have the SEO urls - will that be a problem for the product id?

Also i don't have shipping because i sell templates...so instead of delivered i have "link sent to your account"..will that count as delivered?

Let me know...thanks

As long as your products are still viewable by their origionally designed method (product_info.php?product_id) it should work no problem.

Here is a link code of a link built. http://www.visceralmagic.com/product_info....ate_banner_id=1

As for the status setting? Yes. I am setting up a download shop as well. In the admin section you set the minimum order status that you want.

As long as your products are still viewable by their origionally designed method (product_info.php?product_id) it should work no problem.

Here is a link code of a link built. http://www.visceralmagic.com/product_info....ate_banner_id=1

As for the status setting? Yes. I am setting up a download shop as well. In the admin section you set the minimum order status that you want.

thank you i'll test it

For those interested, I have included a mod to the contribution that will instruct you to move your standard (not logged in) affilate box links to the footer. Where you will have a login item that will change to logout once your affiliate is logged in. It will also have the affiliate box appear in the column once the affiliate is logged in.

I didn't want column space taken up by an affiliate program for my regular customers. Not very professional, nor polite. Also has optional instructions to move the Information Box items down there (footer) as well as I don't beleive that space needs to be used for it either.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/158

something really strange...i installed this contrib...on a blank osc and it worked perfectly

now i installed it on my modified shop and the affiliate can't see the images, the banners i mean...any ideA?

I am having a similar issue. Banners I create are fine. However, under the affiliate side, when they click build banner (not pre-made banners), the banners for the categories are not being seen. I imagine it is trying to take the default image from the category, so it's most likely not looking in the right place. When I have time I'll try to find out where it's looking for it.

I haven't been able to figure it out at all.

When my affiliate goes through to "Build Category Link" from the column box, and selects a category to build a link for, the link it made up, but no image/banner shows up. Just the missing image box.

Is anyone else having this issue?

What I did notice however, is that this option was ommited from the main Affiliate Program: Affiliate Links page (click Affiliate Banners / Links from the Affiliate Column Box).

Anyone know why this was omitted from that page?

Anyone having the same problem with the category image, and if so, why?

I tried tracking it down myself, but came up empty. Not even getting a file not found error in my server logs. I'm stumpted. I have tried including the oscommerce category image in quite a number of obvious directories to see if that is looking for that one, and not a seperate banner. Tried linking a banner to a category through admin, but it isn't bringing that one up. Thtat category banner only shows up when listing the banners. Not when the affiliate trys making the category banner himself.

I am thinking this build category link is obsolete and should just be removed from the column box altogether? Though I would like to at least get it working anyhow.

Edited by desiredin

I am having a similar issue. Banners I create are fine. However, under the affiliate side, when they click build banner (not pre-made banners), the banners for the categories are not being seen. I imagine it is trying to take the default image from the category, so it's most likely not looking in the right place. When I have time I'll try to find out where it's looking for it.

hmm,..do you have any seo urls installed? maybe this is the problem..on the test shop i didnt' had those...but on the new one i have them..the path to the images are fine but they never show

I haven't been able to figure it out at all.

When my affiliate goes through to "Build Category Link" from the column box, and selects a category to build a link for, the link it made up, but no image/banner shows up. Just the missing image box.

Is anyone else having this issue?

What I did notice however, is that this option was ommited from the main Affiliate Program: Affiliate Links page (click Affiliate Banners / Links from the Affiliate Column Box).

Anyone know why this was omitted from that page?

Anyone having the same problem with the category image, and if so, why?

I tried tracking it down myself, but came up empty. Not even getting a file not found error in my server logs. I'm stumpted. I have tried including the oscommerce category image in quite a number of obvious directories to see if that is looking for that one, and not a seperate banner. Tried linking a banner to a category through admin, but it isn't bringing that one up. Thtat category banner only shows up when listing the banners. Not when the affiliate trys making the category banner himself.

I am thinking this build category link is obsolete and should just be removed from the column box altogether? Though I would like to at least get it working anyhow.

I was having the same problem, it works on a site with SSL. But without the SSL the image/banner wont show up. So in 4 files-- affiliate_banners_build.php affiliate_banners_build_cat.php affiliate_banners_category.php affiliate_banners_product.php

find all instances of

. HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG .

and replace with

. HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG .

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I was having the same problem, it works on a site with SSL. But without the SSL the image/banner wont show up. So in 4 files-- affiliate_banners_build.php affiliate_banners_build_cat.php affiliate_banners_category.php affiliate_banners_product.php

find all instances of

. HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG .

and replace with

. HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG .

Affiliate_banners_build.php, and affiliate_banners_category.php were working fine. Just the build_cat which isn't showing the images. Either way, I replaced the HTTPS with HTTP to no avail.

On your's, what banner is being shown for your affiliate-built category image? The default OSC image for the category?

Would you mind posting your build_cat code here fo me to take a look at?

Affiliate_banners_build.php, and affiliate_banners_category.php were working fine. Just the build_cat which isn't showing the images. Either way, I replaced the HTTPS with HTTP to no avail.

On your's, what banner is being shown for your affiliate-built category image? The default OSC image for the category?

Would you mind posting your build_cat code here fo me to take a look at?

I noticed earlier I was having a problem showing the product image without SSL. The changes fixed that.

Ok, I just looked at build_cat on my site. The link is working after changing HTTPS to HTTP, BUT I dont have a category image either. I did some changes, but am getting nowhere yet. If I find a solution I will post it.

Other than the HTTPS changes, my file is the same as original.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I noticed earlier I was having a problem showing the product image without SSL. The changes fixed that.

Ok, I just looked at build_cat on my site. The link is working after changing HTTPS to HTTP, BUT I dont have a category image either. I did some changes, but am getting nowhere yet. If I find a solution I will post it.

Other than the HTTPS changes, my file is the same as original.

Just checked again on an older site running it. You can build the categorie banner with image, this site is running with SSL on,

I used the same file on my site with SSL off and no image.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

My wife is going to start offering "online home parties" with her online store where someone will sign up to "host" a party. They will invite their friends to the online party which will last for two weeks. The "host" will give their friends a code to use upon checkout. (or I guess they could give their friends a simple url to use such as www.website.com/shoppingcart/hostname). When their friend purchases a product and uses the given code (or URL...whichever we decide on using)....the "host" will get credit for that sale. We will then give the "host" credit for merchandise based on the below scale:

If their two week party has sales (before taxes/shipping) of:

$200 - $499 = They will get $50 in free merchandise

$500 - $999 = They will get 15% of their total sales in free merchandise

$1,000 and up = They will get 20% of their total sales in free merchandise

Would the affiliate contribution handle this?

I just want something that will keep track of the codes and how much the sales are for that code. I would also love for the "host" to be able to login to an account to see how much they have sold so far.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Thanks for your time!

do i have to go to paypal screen to release the payments to my affiliates? or is this doing all the work?thanks

You have to go to paypal and pay directly. This does not make any payments on your behalf. It simply tells you how much to pay, and then you change the status for your affiliate from Pending payment to "paid"...