• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC-Affiliate

henri

The 2.7 version of the affiliate module has A LOT of typos in it. I have fixed all of them (I think).

I have uploaded my fix to the confirmation email here:

http://walki-talki.com/affiliate_html_mail.zip

For this fix to work, you MUST turn html emailing on in your control panel.

Thanks, it works!

Are there any other quick "fixings" that you think i should do before announcing the affiliate program?

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

Thanks, it works!

Are there any other quick "fixings" that you think i should do before announcing the affiliate program?

You're welcome. If I recall correctly, some quotes have to be added to the file that displays the product ids in a popup in the link builder module. Just test every link thoroughly, and you'll see what I mean.

I'm sorry, but I just haven't had the time to make a list of all the changes I made. :(

Best,

Payam

walki-talki.com

Payam

Well - seems this is asked and sort of answered, but none of the answers are working for me so here goes:

My host is running PHP 5 which i suspect is part of the issue based on a LOT of reading...

My show banners gives me great stuff in debug mode:

Check the pathes! (catalog/includes/configure.php)

absolute path to picture: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/buildx/images/cameron_diaz.jpg

build with: DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $banner

DIR_FS_CATALOG /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/buildx/

DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG /buildx/

DIR_WS_IMAGES images/

$banner cameron_diaz.jpg

SQL-Query used: select affiliate_banners_image, affiliate_products_id from affiliate_banners where affiliate_banners_id = '3' and affiliate_status = 1

Try to find error:

SQL-Query: Got Result

Locating Pic /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/buildx/images/cameron_diaz.jpg

success

I can preview the banner in admin...

The problem lies in that a placed banner (link copied in to a test html page) and a banner in the affiliate section simply wont show up...

silly_aff.jpg

Anyone have any good answers on this one? Please?

Hi there im having this problem too - im using OSC Affiliate 2.5a and OS MS2-2.

any solutions to this particular issue? I read thru this thread and someone talked about turning off debug.

How do i do that? in affliate_configure?

PLease help :thumbsup: Many thanks!

Ok I have installed osc Affiliate from the contrib. section and I put all the files on but I keep getting this error. Please click the link to see..

http://www.mrairsoft.com/affiliate_affiliate.php

and you will see what I mean. The file in includes>languages>english>affiliate_affiliate is there so I dont know what else I can do....

Please Help!

Ok I have installed osc Affiliate from the contrib. section and I put all the files on but I keep getting this error. Please click the link to see..

http://www.mrairsoft.com/affiliate_affiliate.php

and you will see what I mean. The file in includes>languages>english>affiliate_affiliate is there so I dont know what else I can do....

Please Help!

Its not just a drop in install, you also have to follow the included instructions and do some manual file alterations.

Yes, I am having a similar problem, in that the download I got did not have instructions. The contribution was from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,158

Titled:

==========================================

BUG Fixes OSC Affiliate v2.62 nourah 1 Apr 2007

it works now!

This is a complete English package. I didn't update the German Files.

See BUG_FIXES.txt for the fixes.

===========================================

I opened the previous contribution and was following those instructions in the hopes that it would help me install the contribution, however, in the section where I have to modify the admin\index.php file, the below instructions cannot be completed because the code referenced to add after is not found in my index.php file ( I have osCommerce 2.2 rc1).

Can someone let me know how I need to continue so I can implement this?

Thanks!!

Lionel

In index.php in the admin directory find line 50 approx

array('title' => REPORTS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=reports')))),

and on a new line add the following code after it:

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE,
                    'image' => 'affiliate.gif',
                    'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SUMMARY, 'selected_box=affiliate'),
                    'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE, 'selected_box=affiliate')),
                                        array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'selected_box=affiliate')))),

In index.php in the admin directory find line 106 approx

<td width="140" valign="top"><table border="0" width="140" height="390" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

and replace that line with the following code :

<td width="160" valign="top"><table border="0" width="160" height="390" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

In index.php in the admin directory find lines 167 to 173 approx

$contents[] = array('params' => 'class="infoBox"',
                     'text'  => BOX_ENTRY_CUSTOMERS . ' ' . $customers['count'] . '<br>' .
                                BOX_ENTRY_PRODUCTS . ' ' . $products['count'] . '<br>' .
                                BOX_ENTRY_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews['count']);

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

echo '<br>';

$affiliate_sales_raw = "select count(*) as count, sum(affiliate_value) as total, sum(affiliate_payment) as payment from " . TABLE_AFFILIATE_SALES . " ";
$affiliate_sales_query= tep_db_query($affiliate_sales_raw);
$affiliate_sales= tep_db_fetch_array($affiliate_sales_query);

$affiliate_clickthroughs_raw = "select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_AFFILIATE_CLICKTHROUGHS . " ";
$affiliate_clickthroughs_query=tep_db_query($affiliate_clickthroughs_raw);
$affiliate_clickthroughs= tep_db_fetch_array($affiliate_clickthroughs_query);
$affiliate_clickthroughs=$affiliate_clickthroughs['count'];

$affiliate_transactions=$affiliate_sales['count'];
if ($affiliate_transactions>0) {
$affiliate_conversions = tep_round($affiliate_transactions/$affiliate_clickthroughs,6)."%";
}
else $affiliate_conversions="n/a";

$affiliate_amount=$affiliate_sales['total'];
$affiliate_average=tep_round($affiliate_amount/$affiliate_transactions,2);
}
else {
$affiliate_average="n/a";
}
$affiliate_commission=$affiliate_sales['payment'];

$affiliates_raw = "select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_AFFILIATE . "";
$affiliates_raw_query=tep_db_query($affiliates_raw);
$affiliates_raw = tep_db_fetch_array($affiliates_raw_query);
$affiliate_number= $affiliates_raw['count'];

$heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('params' => 'class="menuBoxHeading"',
                    'text'  => BOX_TITLE_AFFILIATES);

'text'  => BOX_ENTRY_AFFILIATES . ' ' . $affiliate_number . '<br>' .
                                BOX_ENTRY_CONVERSION . ' ' . $affiliate_conversions . '<br>' .
                                BOX_ENTRY_COMMISSION . ' ' . $currencies->display_price($affiliate_commission, ''));

$box = new box;

echo '<br>';

Edited by elcidd

Ok, well I used the directions and it looks like it should work, but on the affiliate log in page I get this error...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare affiliate_check_url() (previously declared in /home/content/e/l/i/eliteneo/html/includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php:17) in /home/content/e/l/i/eliteneo/html/includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php on line 17

Anyone know what this means or how to fix it? The link is

https://www.mrairsoft.com//affiliate_affiliate.php

Thanks.

Ok, well I used the directions and it looks like it should work, but on the affiliate log in page I get this error...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare affiliate_check_url() (previously declared in /home/content/e/l/i/eliteneo/html/includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php:17) in /home/content/e/l/i/eliteneo/html/includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php on line 17

Anyone know what this means or how to fix it? The link is

https://www.mrairsoft.com//affiliate_affiliate.php

Thanks.

Hello,

I had the same problem. I found the answer in another thread, but briefly, I opened affiliate_affiliate.php and relplaced require('includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php'); (around line 18) with the require_once version -- require_once('includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php'); --

Actually, this step has resolved most of the Cannot redeclare... error messages I got with this module. I just went to the .php file reference in the address bar and replaced the "require" line with the "require_once" line. I am not a programmer and am a newbie at php, but it worked for me without issue.

You can check it out at my store: Http://www.buynintendowiiconsoleonline.com

Edited by elcidd

Ok, I almost have it working 100%

http://www.mrairsoft.com/product_info.php?...products_id=370

look at that page, it is all messed up with code. Can someone tell me how to fix that.

And also, when you try to build a link it wont work. Anyone know what to do to make it work. Sign up for my sites affiliate thing to see what I mean. Thanks.

And how do you edit general settings because in the verification e-mail it concludes with some weird adress that isn't mine.

running into a problem. i setup multishop and want to integrate osc affiliate but i cant cause the admin part of the integration file is so diffferent that i don know where to past the code.

when i experiment the admin part gets fuked.

can anybody help me on this ?

the catalog part looks fine.

hi there,

i havre a little problem with this contrib. i always get this error message, if i started the affliate_summary.php in the admin section.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 5

select count(*) as count, sum(affiliate_value) as total, sum(affiliate_payment) as payment from affiliate_sales a left join orders o on (a.affiliate_orders_id = o.orders_id) where o.orders_status >=

[TEP STOP]

can anybody give me a referece to solve that problem ? In line 5 from what file ?

thank you and sorry about my bad english

Hi i have installed this conb twice now and i am close but i seem to be missing all the language stuff eg

All the text for this

HEADING_NEW_AFFILIATE HEADING_RETURNING_AFFILIATE

TEXT_NEW_AFFILIATE

TEXT_NEW_AFFILIATE_INTRODUCTION

TEXT_NEW_AFFILIATE_TERMS

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I am having a similar problem, in that the download I got did not have instructions. The contribution was from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,158

Titled:

==========================================

BUG Fixes OSC Affiliate v2.62 nourah 1 Apr 2007

it works now!

This is a complete English package. I didn't update the German Files.

See BUG_FIXES.txt for the fixes.

===========================================

I opened the previous contribution and was following those instructions in the hopes that it would help me install the contribution, however, in the section where I have to modify the admin\index.php file, the below instructions cannot be completed because the code referenced to add after is not found in my index.php file ( I have osCommerce 2.2 rc1).

Can someone let me know how I need to continue so I can implement this?

Thanks!!

Lionel

In index.php in the admin directory find line 50 approx

array('title' => REPORTS_ORDERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, 'selected_box=reports')))),

array('title' => BOX_HEADING_AFFILIATE,
                    'image' => 'affiliate.gif',
                    'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_SUMMARY, 'selected_box=affiliate'),
                    'children' => array(array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE, 'selected_box=affiliate')),
                                        array('title' => BOX_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_AFFILIATE_BANNERS, 'selected_box=affiliate')))),
In index.php in the admin directory find line 106 approx

<td width="140" valign="top"><table border="0" width="140" height="390" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
and replace that line with the following code :

<td width="160" valign="top"><table border="0" width="160" height="390" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
In index.php in the admin directory find lines 167 to 173 approx

'text'  => BOX_ENTRY_CUSTOMERS . ' ' . $customers['count'] . '<br>' .
                                BOX_ENTRY_PRODUCTS . ' ' . $products['count'] . '<br>' .
                                BOX_ENTRY_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews['count']);

$box = new box;

echo '<br>';

$affiliate_sales_raw = "select count(*) as count, sum(affiliate_value) as total, sum(affiliate_payment) as payment from " . TABLE_AFFILIATE_SALES . " ";
$affiliate_sales_query= tep_db_query($affiliate_sales_raw);
$affiliate_sales= tep_db_fetch_array($affiliate_sales_query);

$affiliate_clickthroughs_raw = "select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_AFFILIATE_CLICKTHROUGHS . " ";
$affiliate_clickthroughs_query=tep_db_query($affiliate_clickthroughs_raw);
$affiliate_clickthroughs= tep_db_fetch_array($affiliate_clickthroughs_query);
$affiliate_clickthroughs=$affiliate_clickthroughs['count'];

$affiliate_transactions=$affiliate_sales['count'];
$affiliate_conversions = tep_round($affiliate_transactions/$affiliate_clickthroughs,6)."%";
}
else $affiliate_conversions="n/a";

$affiliate_amount=$affiliate_sales['total'];
$affiliate_average=tep_round($affiliate_amount/$affiliate_transactions,2);
}
else {
$affiliate_average="n/a";
}
$affiliate_commission=$affiliate_sales['payment'];

$affiliates_raw = "select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_AFFILIATE . "";
$affiliates_raw_query=tep_db_query($affiliates_raw);
$affiliates_raw = tep_db_fetch_array($affiliates_raw_query);
$affiliate_number= $affiliates_raw['count'];
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('params' => 'class="menuBoxHeading"',
                    'text'  => BOX_TITLE_AFFILIATES);

'text'  => BOX_ENTRY_AFFILIATES . ' ' . $affiliate_number . '<br>' .
                                BOX_ENTRY_CONVERSION . ' ' . $affiliate_conversions . '<br>' .
                                BOX_ENTRY_COMMISSION . ' ' . $currencies->display_price($affiliate_commission, ''));

$box = new box;

echo '<br>';

I have run into the same issue. How did you get past this? What changes were made in the new 2.2rc1 to get it up and running?

Paul,

Hopefully you are still paying attention to this thread.

I would like to implement your mod but it seems you have not posted all the changes needed.

I see the changes quoted below and I know to create a field in the customers table for customers_affiliate. I made mine INT(3).

But I suspect you made some changes in create_account and database_table that you didn't post.

If there is more please post.

Ed

Hi Frank,

Don't worry about it. I figure out how to do it, although it's a bit messy it works a treat. I changed the following in includes/affliate_checout_process.php:

//  if ($HTTP_SESSION_VARS['affiliate_ref']) {

To:

//BOF Customer Affiliate
 $customers_aff_raw = "select customers_affiliate as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS .  " where customers_id  = '" . $customer_id . "'";
 $customers_aff_query=tep_db_query($customers_aff_raw);
 $customers_aff_count = tep_db_fetch_array($customers_aff_query);
 $affiliate_ref = $customers_aff_count['count'];

if ($affiliate_ref > 0) {
// EOF Customer Affiliate

I know the whole count thing is unecessary but it kept printing up array and my php is so bad I couldn't figure it out. Anyway using the above pulls the customers_affiliate from the customers table and when the checkout process proceeds it records the affiliate for that number on the database. I then modified create_account.php so that it will pull the affiliate code from sessions and write it to the customers_affiliate on the customers table and it now works exactly how I want it too. I need to check that it's still fine on cookies etc but I don't see why it won't be.

Cheers

Paul

I have moved on from oscommerce to magento and no longer monitoring this site.

Hello,

do take a look at this post. Its regarding 'only customers who has placed at least an order with status > = processing and for a minimum amount of $$...only were allowed to register as affiliates'

this is verified at the time of affiliate registration and at subsequent logins...

an sql tested...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=280673&hl=

thanks

lammy

Cyberlink I too have the same problem :/

Anyone have a fix?

First, Go download the latest version, that solves lots of problems! but it opens up a new one! Located HERE

This is for oscaffiliate_vs_1.09_MS2

Ok, I have STS installed so if you have STS this will solve the issue.

This issue is, in the instructions it states

In column_left.php in the admin/includes directory find line 19 approx

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reports.php');

and on a new line add this after it:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'affiliate.php');

There is not entry in column_left.php for reports.php.

so Do the following

in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_column_left.php

search for 

$sts->restart_capture ('searchbox', 'box'); // Get search box

after that line add the following

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'affiliate.php');
$sts->restart_capture ('affiliate', 'box'); // Get affiliate box

Now you just add $affiliate into your template and it will display the box where you put it. You can see it on the site that I am working on

Dark Spores Mycology

Edited by CyberLink

HI i get this error when i try to login my affiliate:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/affiliate_affiliate.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/xxxxxx.com/affiliate_affiliate.php on line 45

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/affiliate_affiliate.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/xxxxx.com/affiliate_affiliate.php on line 45

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/affiliate_affiliate.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/xxxxxxxx.com/affiliate_affiliate.php on line 45

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/affiliate_affiliate.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/xxxxxxxx.com/affiliate_affiliate.php on line 45

anyone can help ?