• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

click to enlarge image in product info not working

avinashkalro

Your missing the Javascript code in the <head> section that does the popup.

I'd post it, but the forum butchers it.

If you can't find it, I can show you where to get it.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Go here:

Click me

<right-click> and "View source".

In the <head> section of that page copy/paste out the code that looks about like this:

<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

And put it in the <head> section of your product_info.php

DO NOT TRY TO COPY/PASTE THE CODE FROM THIS POST. THE FORUM MODIFIES IT IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT WILL NOT WORK!

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

• 4 weeks later...

I did this

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re

sizable=no,copyhistory=no,width=300,height=300,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le

ft=150')

}

//--></script>

And placed in

<head></head>
of header.php in catalog/includes

Hi

Here is my site:

http://www.ladyeeboutique.com/store/produc...d62c8ef970c3ab5

Over the last 5 days I have searched the forums extensively to find an answer as to why the pop up image does not work properly.

All I get is small window to the left that pops up and if I enlarge it to see whats on the page all I see is:

This is the default template

and the variable holders listed for the left and right column

I've reinstalled oscommerce-2.2rc2 4 times and also STSv4.5.8 4 times as well.

I've read the manual but have not a clue as to why this will not work.

If I turn off STSv4.5.8 the pop ups work. if I turn it on again it doesn't. To save readers thoughts, yes I'm dumb, but I'm not this dumb.

I can tell from other similar postings that in fact this is a big issue for many others as well.

Other posting on this matter give half answers to possible solutions or the replies make the assumption that the reader has more skills than that do. In either case the solutions I've tried haven't worked.

Does anyone - anyone- have a definitive solution for this issue for a clean install of oscommerce-2.2rc2 and STSv4.5.8 out of the box.

Thanks

I think if you find the support thread for the "flavour" of STS you have installed, and post in it, you may get quicker results:

Contributions / Add-Ons > Templates and Images

Truly I'm not being rude, crude, or obnoxious.

Just trying to help...

:blush:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I would gladly post it where it's appropriate but the forums are so unruly in terms of where to post things it's hard to know where one should post.

Thanks

I would gladly post it where it's appropriate but the forums are so unruly in terms of where to post things it's hard to know where one should post.

Dude, That's why the second line in my last post is a LINK.

Click it.

:blush:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived