• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] All In One FCK WYSIWYG Editor

luckyno

ok never mind. i have it working now but when i view the product in the catalog it messes up the format on the entire page? is there a way to correct that? i have a customer template and everything s wrong

my site is http://www.astawerks.com if you want to see

Edited by Astawerksdotcom

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I cant get the box to apear I have had to scenarios one no boxes at all and now I have the original editing boxes.

this lines I cant seem to find in my html_output.

######## FIND (LINE 235-253) ########

////

// Output a form textarea field

function tep_draw_textarea_field($name, $wrap, $width, $height, $text = '', $parameters = '', $reinsert_value = true) {

$field = '<textarea name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '" wrap="' . tep_output_string($wrap) . '" cols="' . tep_output_string($width) . '" rows="' . tep_output_string($height) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

$field .= '>';

if ( (isset($GLOBALS[$name])) && ($reinsert_value == true) ) {

$field .= tep_output_string_protected(stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]));

} elseif (tep_not_null($text)) {

$field .= tep_output_string_protected($text);

}

$field .= '</textarea>';

return $field;

}

anybody know if there has been some changes to this file in RC2a

Have no other contribs changing these files

Hi I cant get the box to apear I have had to scenarios one no boxes at all and now I have the original editing boxes.

this lines I cant seem to find in my html_output.

######## FIND (LINE 235-253) ########

////

// Output a form textarea field

function tep_draw_textarea_field($name, $wrap, $width, $height, $text = '', $parameters = '', $reinsert_value = true) {

$field = '<textarea name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '" wrap="' . tep_output_string($wrap) . '" cols="' . tep_output_string($width) . '" rows="' . tep_output_string($height) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

$field .= '>';

if ( (isset($GLOBALS[$name])) && ($reinsert_value == true) ) {

$field .= tep_output_string_protected(stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]));

} elseif (tep_not_null($text)) {

$field .= tep_output_string_protected($text);

}

$field .= '</textarea>';

return $field;

}

anybody know if there has been some changes to this file in RC2a

Have no other contribs changing these files

they start at line 224 in RC2a, and after line 246 you can add:

////
// Output a form textarea field w/ fckeditor
 function tep_draw_fckeditor($name, $width, $height, $text) {

$oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor($name);
$oFCKeditor -> Width  = $width;
$oFCKeditor -> Height = $height;
$oFCKeditor -> BasePath	= 'fckeditor/';
$oFCKeditor -> Value = $text;

$field = $oFCKeditor->Create($name);

return $field;
 }

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

ok never mind. i have it working now but when i view the product in the catalog it messes up the format on the entire page? is there a way to correct that? i have a customer template and everything s wrong

my site is http://www.astawerks.com if you want to see

where do you have problems? all pages seem to be ok right now.

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

////

return $field;
 }

Cant get it to work

The box wount apear now I dont even have the old box so somthing happend

www.verkkovarasto.com/panno/categories.php

www.verkkovarasto.com/panno/html_output.php

www.verkkovarasto.com/panno/config.php

If somby like to se the files

Edited by never

Hi, luckyno,

I have a question for you about local delivery.

I install all the file in right place, and I setup in "admin/modul/shipping". but when I test it in purchase, there doesn't show anything and no errer. why?

////

return $field;
 }

Ok

I have now tryed to install this 3 times following the steps precisly

I dont get any errors, I only get a the flaggs under new products.

can anybody give me a hint where to look.

Can it be any problem when I have it installd under a sub directory www.mysite.com/panno/catalog/ ?

Hi

I've installed the fckeditor and it is working fine for the mainpage and products pages but I want to edit the contents folder files (information pages linked to the subpage.php file) as well and the editor doesn't seem to fit this kind of page. I've looked at your information pages solution but am unsure how to use it or even where it fits in as I don't have a version of information_form.php in my admin (version 2.2). I have uploaded information_form.php to my admin folder but can't see what difference it makes. I expected to be able to use the editor in file_manager.php, perhaps.

Can you tell me what I should be seeing in the admin log in once information_form.php is uploaded, please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank for a great contribution. It worked great for my product info, and my main page (very pleased with this :rolleyes: ).

I have sort of added it to my newsletter and here is where I am having a problem. When I upload the image I wish to send it is uploading and showing in my preview. but when I send the newsletter I am getting a little x box where my image should be.

If I change the font to something say papyrus - it is showing the choosen font - so the html is working.

Can you please tell me what I need to do.

thanks

Also (I fear to ask more than one thing in a post :blush: ) How can I add this editor to the message that goes out to once a person creates an account?

Have installed this contrib and alls working well, i would however like to use the same fck editor to edit the standard information pages -

shipping & returns, privacy, conditions of use etc.

Any ideas how i go about this?

My link at About Us - following instructions of http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...g_Area/Boxes/49 just doesn't produce the text at :

http://www.carromex.com.au/applications/os...0a30d9df6f2dcaa

Link to About Us is at http://www.carromex.com.au/applications/osCommerce/catalog/

What do I do ?

All other pages like Privacy Policy etc are producing links to the pages.

Please help.

Sorry to trouble you.

Thanks a tonne

Nina

All In One FCK Editor WYSIWYG Editor

This Contribution is a combination of other contributions here with parts of FCK editor.

The advantage of this contribution is that you get included in this pack:

FCK editor 2.5.1

FCK editor for Products Description

FCK editor for HTML Newsletter

FCK editor for Information Pages Unlimited

FCK editor for Define Mainpage

FCK editor for email order text

All in one complete package!

Corrected and new installation instructions!

LINK: http://www.comsport.ch/All_In_OneFCKeditor_2.5.1.zip

very lightweight and fully cross browser compatible. (IE, Firefox, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla, Safari, ...). With great image and media files browser/uploader. Leaves the code clean.

The contribution is waiting approval in the oscommerce.com contribution section...

Feedbacks are needed :)

Nina

My link at About Us - following instructions of http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...g_Area/Boxes/49 just doesn't produce the text at :

http://www.carromex.com.au/applications/os...0a30d9df6f2dcaa

Link to About Us is at http://www.carromex.com.au/applications/osCommerce/catalog/

What do I do ?

All other pages like Privacy Policy etc are producing links to the pages.

Please help.

Sorry to trouble you.

Thanks a tonne

Nina

This has nothing to do with this contribution. It is probably an error you did with the language file. Please don't continue asking help for this problem in this thread.

Have installed this contrib and alls working well, i would however like to use the same fck editor to edit the standard information pages -

shipping & returns, privacy, conditions of use etc.

Any ideas how i go about this?

you cannot :) install information pages unlimited and use the editor with this contribution. They are fully compatible.

Hi

I've installed the fckeditor and it is working fine for the mainpage and products pages but I want to edit the contents folder files (information pages linked to the subpage.php file) as well and the editor doesn't seem to fit this kind of page. I've looked at your information pages solution but am unsure how to use it or even where it fits in as I don't have a version of information_form.php in my admin (version 2.2). I have uploaded information_form.php to my admin folder but can't see what difference it makes. I expected to be able to use the editor in file_manager.php, perhaps.

Can you tell me what I should be seeing in the admin log in once information_form.php is uploaded, please?

my version of information_form has only to be used with "information pages unlimited" installed. It is fil from IPU that adds compatibility with FCK editor.

Hi,

Thank for a great contribution. It worked great for my product info, and my main page (very pleased with this :rolleyes: ).

I have sort of added it to my newsletter and here is where I am having a problem. When I upload the image I wish to send it is uploading and showing in my preview. but when I send the newsletter I am getting a little x box where my image should be.

If I change the font to something say papyrus - it is showing the choosen font - so the html is working.

Can you please tell me what I need to do.

thanks

Also (I fear to ask more than one thing in a post :blush: ) How can I add this editor to the message that goes out to once a person creates an account?

I've to re-check completely the newsletter addon, as I sometimes receive errors.

I've to re-check completely the newsletter addon, as I sometimes receive errors.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I did get the newsletter to send the pictures/images. It is rather strange how it is working as I will explain below, but it is working and I am rather happy with this now.

In one of your earlier post you mention the editor/filename/connector/php/config file (I hope I get the path right as I am doing this from memory)

In that config file I had to leave everything as you have it set you in your package - the $Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/userfiles/'

$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '' ; When I added any code to the latter or altered any of these I would lose the image upload ability. -strange maybe this is just my set up.

Before I added newsletter info I had fckeditor ability in my admin/newsletter manager - not sure what happened there. And when I tried to add the newsletter file code I kept getting errors. SO I removed it. It is possibly caused by having the mailing list module on (- don't know).

So when I want to send a newsletter with a pic all I do is select my image and once it is selected and appears in the preveiw image pop up I add my website address to so the image address becomes http://mysitename.com/userfiles/image/picture.gif

If I do not added my website and just instert the image it has the address userfiles/image/picture.gif - hence the box with the X.

I hope this does not confuse anyone, but this is how it is working for me. ;)

Thanks again for a wonderful module.

• 2 weeks later...

It is strange, I got nothing error message, but the fck editor just didnot appear in admin product describtion area. I have check the process over and over, it still dosenot work, could any body can help me out? Thanks in advance.

It is strange, I got nothing error message, but the fck editor just didnot appear in admin product describtion area. I have check the process over and over, it still dosenot work, could any body can help me out? Thanks in advance.

Same here.

I have all the latest releases of OSC, Fckeditor and the contribution.

I have uploaded and changed all the files mentioned in the install document

BUT, nothing appears on the categories.php page?

I have now seen this mentioned in 2 different threads...

Anyone fixed it yet please?

Thanks

Trev

Hi,

I tried to install the FCK editor for email order text part and it looked ok at first, but for some reason I can not change the e-mail text. The database records do exist and can be edited using phpmyadmin.

Whenever I try to save the data to the database, the original (German) text comes back.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!

/Jasper

Same here.

I have all the latest releases of OSC, Fckeditor and the contribution.

I have uploaded and changed all the files mentioned in the install document

BUT, nothing appears on the categories.php page?

I have now seen this mentioned in 2 different threads...

Anyone fixed it yet please?

Thanks

Trev

Same here. It just won't appear in the product's description. I can see the language flags, but no editor.

Could somebody please shed a light??

Thank you in advance for any clues.

Edited by Patty

Patty

• 3 weeks later...

This was also incorrectly posted on the general page.

Hi Guys

This is my first post here and would like to thank everyone for making osCommerce a great tool.

I have got my store up and running, i have just installed the contribution All in one FCKeditor, i have got most of this working fine, i have created a newsletter using a table to layout neatly, if i click the preview button on the FCKEditor my newsletter opens in a window correctly formatted. If i select preview from the os newsletter manager or send the newsletter, the table no longer appears at the top but half way down looking like a blank email. I have just tried a table on a product and this works fine.

Has anyone got any ideas on what i am doing wrong?

Regards

Steve

This was also incorrectly posted on the general page.

Hi Guys

This is my first post here and would like to thank everyone for making osCommerce a great tool.

I have got my store up and running, i have just installed the contribution All in one FCKeditor, i have got most of this working fine, i have created a newsletter using a table to layout neatly, if i click the preview button on the FCKEditor my newsletter opens in a window correctly formatted. If i select preview from the os newsletter manager or send the newsletter, the table no longer appears at the top but half way down looking like a blank email. I have just tried a table on a product and this works fine.

Has anyone got any ideas on what i am doing wrong?

Regards

Steve

I uploaded a new updated full package with FCK Editor 2.6 Final and inserted a bugfix in the newsletter part. The package is waiting approval to be published to the osc addons section.

Thanks Luckyno

I also tried installing the Tinymce contribution (version 2), this worked fine straight away, the funny thing was that i tried to upgrade to the latest version of Tinymce and this had the same problem with the tables, as you suggest it sounds like a bug with the newsletter.php as opposed to the Tinymce or FCK.

Thanks for your help, i really do appreciate it.

Regards

Steve

I have worked with this editor before and I was quite happy to find that some one took the time to adapt it to OSC, great work!

I am having an issue and I believe is related to the fact that I have my store in English and Spanish and I cannot see the editor due to the following error reported by IE:

FCKLang is not defined

/admin/fckeditor/editor/fckeditor?InstanceName=products_description[3]&Toolbar=Default

Any Ideas??