• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL Cert Problem

Grodt

My site is not displaying the SSL certificate correctly. It shows the padlock with a slash on it. It looks like this I did everything according to these instructions here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=233458

But the only thing that works right is the admin page.

How can I get my site to have the HTTPS appear on all the sensitive pages correctly?

I am using the latest osc.

It's because there is some link in the code of your shop that is linking to a non-secure site. You need to isolate the link and hide it while on ssl pages or change it to https. Search the forums for non-secure and you should get a lot of hits.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It's because there is some link in the code of your shop that is linking to a non-secure site. You need to isolate the link and hide it while on ssl pages or change it to https. Search the forums for non-secure and you should get a lot of hits.

Jack

Which files might that be in? Where do I look to correct this error. I looked for non-secure but I am not sure what to pay attention to.

Which files might that be in? Where do I look to correct this error. I looked for non-secure but I am not sure what to pay attention to.

The cerificate is made out the same way as your image at the to of the page (ie with the capital letters). Your web address does not contain capitals. My guess is that this maybe the cause of the problem.

In your <head> you have this code:

<script language="javascript"><!--
function session_win() {
 window.open("http://www.mycountrygear.com/info_shopping_cart.php","info_shopping_cart","height=460,width=430,toolbar=no,statusbar=no,scrollbars=yes").focus();
}
//--></script>

That points to a non-secure page.

That's not helping your SSL problems any.

I can't tell if that's the only problem, but I bet it's part of it.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

You've also got some StatCounter javascript at the bottom of your pages.

None of the links in them are "secure" either.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

where do I go to remove or alter the script in <head> tag.

In the <head> section of the PHP page.

Make a backup of any page you edit first.

I don't know what the script does. All you can do is take it out, and see if things still work.

If not, there is a way we can detect the connection type and adjust the script accordingly.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I did a test on my site, and I have the same script in the <head> section of my login page, and it's secure, so I'd leave it there.

I'd start by removing the StatCounter script.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

In the <head> section of the PHP page.

Make a backup of any page you edit first.

I don't know what the script does. All you can do is take it out, and see if things still work.

If not, there is a way we can detect the connection type and adjust the script accordingly.

How can we do the second choice.

^--^-- Read my last post --^--^

I'd leave it.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived