• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Live Help for osCommerce

nimz

Live Help (integrate volusion's Live Help application)

for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2

This is a simple add-on that adds volusion's online help(Live chat) module

to your oscommerce shopping cart. If you are interested in being able to chat with

your customers online while they are visiting your store and require your assistance

this add-on is for you.

Extract the archive to a folder and follow installation guide (Readme.txt)

contribution: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5600

nimz

Santa's little freelancer

to your oscommerce shopping cart. If you are interested in being able to chat with

your customers online while they are visiting your store and require your assistance

this add-on is for you.

nimz

Nimz thanks a lot m8 you are a god ! When I paste the last code in either the left or the right column this text also show on my page: /* $Id: online_help.php,v 1.0 2007/DEC/06 Add-On Developed by Nima SG (nimz) http://www.webgurustudio.info for osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions http://www.oscommerce.com Copyright © 2003 osCommerce Released under the GNU General Public License */

What should I do to remove that?

Nimz thanks a lot m8 you are a god ! When I paste the last code in either the left or the right column this text also show on my page: /* $Id: online_help.php,v 1.0 2007/DEC/06 Add-On Developed by Nima SG (nimz) http://www.webgurustudio.info for osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions http://www.oscommerce.com Copyright © 2003 osCommerce Released under the GNU General Public License */

What should I do to remove that?

Sorry about that man.

New file is posted. just copy it over your current live_help.php and then edit it to replace xxxxx with your id code.

that should take care of it.

basically removed the stuff between the /* */ which i put there by mistake.

Installed as directed, Keeps stating I'm OFFLINE any suggestions

a new file is posted try that but really the only thing changed is some junk removed from the beginning of the file.

make sure you have entered your id.

i suggest you copy over the new live_help.php and re-do Step (2) - part 1

• 2 weeks later...

this add-on is for you.

nimz

Hi nimz !

I followed your insructions and modified everyting as you said. But my website always shows "online" status even I'm offline, and the messages do not come through. Can you help me, too ? Thank you !

Hi nimz !

I followed your insructions and modified everyting as you said. But my website always shows "online" status even I'm offline, and the messages do not come through. Can you help me, too ? Thank you !

Somebody help me, please

did you sign up?got your id?edited the file with your id?

please provide a link if possible.

Hi ! Yes, I signed up and after the e-mail verification I got my ID number. I uploaded your latest live_help.php file to boxes folder. Opened it for editing and I replaced the xxxxx to my Id and saved it. After that I put the other things to the places you said so. My website is: http://szepsegportal.com

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I use Volusion live chat on my website with the contribution for OSC. It has worked perfect up untilo yesterday where suddenly the icon on my site does not change my online/offline status. The status stays as Offline.......I have not changed a single thing on the page recently so why is it doing this all of a sudden? it was working great before please advise as this is very impåortant to my shop to have.

Kind regards

Dets

Hi all I use Volusion live chat on my website with the contribution for OSC. It has worked perfect up untilo yesterday where suddenly the icon on my site does not change my online/offline status. The status stays as Offline.......I have not changed a single thing on the page recently so why is it doing this all of a sudden? it was working great before please advise as this is very impåortant to my shop to have.

Kind regards

Dets

Hi !

In case you have not solved your problem yet :)

Remove the program, and set it up again with different user name and password. You will receive another activation number. Replace it in your php file and it will work again. I had the same problem. Volusion live supp0rt told me to do the same. It works great again. Good luck !

• 1 month later...

Ok.. so this is a GREAT contribution!! I love it but I have a question regarding the "status".. does anyone have the PHP skills to do this; I would like when I am "Offline" have the logo disapear.. and show "online" logo when online of course.. is this something that can be done or is it on the "Volusion" side? Thanks in advanced!

James

• 3 months later...

Hi There,

I have installed your contribution, and when i get to the last step i inserted this into my column_left.php file

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'live_help.php');

I get no errors on my site and the steps are kinda basic(i even double checked everything)

So why is this not showing up on my left colum?

Site details

www.aaaqualityreplicas.com

Thanks Harry

Did you upload the file live_help.php into the correct boxes folder?

Whereabouts did you place the include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'live_help.php'); code?

Did you remember to change the id code?

I've just installed it and it works ok

Edited by [email protected]

Did you upload the file live_help.php into the correct boxes folder?

Whereabouts did you place the include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'live_help.php'); code?

Did you remember to change the id code?

I've just installed it and it works ok

Hi,

I uploaded the live_help.php folder to my folder catalog/includes/boxes/

And i have replaced the id code in this file(xxxxx) to my id code.

then in the catalog/includes/column_left.php just before the closing ?> added this code

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'live_help.php');

I can access the admin console of the volusion chat, but cant see it anywhere on my site

Any other suggestions?

• 10 months later...

Hi hello My name is daniel And my website is www.rapidmodz.com

If you go on my website I wanted to add this chat but I don't have much room as you see i have a template. Is it possible to replace the whats new box with the live chat because i don't really need whats new?

• 1 year later...