• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS returns error for international addresses

ksolito

Store owner reports USPS shipping module is getting errors for all international shipping.

"An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

I confirmed same with Canada and Germany addresses. Version is USPS Methods 2.9.2 Upper Case Fix2.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be or where to start debugging?

Thanks

Hi I'm having the same problem. Not sure when it started but I'm also using the USPS Methods 2.0.2 Upper Case Fix2. Can anyone provide some suggestion on how to maybe get this module into Debug mode to see why internationals not working?

Store owner reports USPS shipping module is getting errors for all international shipping.

"An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

I confirmed same with Canada and Germany addresses. Version is USPS Methods 2.9.2 Upper Case Fix2.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be or where to start debugging?

Thanks

Hi I'm having the same problem. Not sure when it started but I'm also using the USPS Methods 2.0.2 Upper Case Fix2. Can anyone provide some suggestion on how to maybe get this module into Debug mode to see why internationals not working?

I am having the exact same issue. Are we the only ones? Help~ :'(

Edited by may3838

Ok I fixed mine. Pretty simple.. I just did a "Remove" on the module, then installed the latest 2.9.2fix and installed and re-setup all the options. USPS is working again for International.

Make sure you copy your USPS User ID, Etc before you remove it.

I think what was happening was that the SQL configuration still reflected the old shipping types in lower case, Once I removed and reinstalled those SQL fields were updated with the right options,etc.

I am having the exact same issue. Are we the only ones? Help~ :'(

Ok I fixed mine. Pretty simple.. I just did a "Remove" on the module, then installed the latest 2.9.2fix and installed and re-setup all the options. USPS is working again for International.

Make sure you copy your USPS User ID, Etc before you remove it.

I think what was happening was that the SQL configuration still reflected the old shipping types in lower case, Once I removed and reinstalled those SQL fields were updated with the right options,etc.

Thanks for your reply. Did you use the USPS Methods 2.9.2 Upper Case Fix2 by tarheit or the USPS Methods 2.9.2 Upper Case Fix2+insurance by bkpie? I was using the fix by tarheit when I had the problem. Do you think by using bkpie's fix will help solve my problem?

It did for me. Give it a shot.

Thanks for your reply. Did you use the USPS Methods 2.9.2 Upper Case Fix2 by tarheit or the USPS Methods 2.9.2 Upper Case Fix2+insurance by bkpie? I was using the fix by tarheit when I had the problem. Do you think by using bkpie's fix will help solve my problem?

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this same problem, but when a customer adds 1 item into the shopping cart, it shows up as 2. Apparently my cart now adds a tare weight of 0.1lbs to every purchase. Even when I empty the cart on a test account, it still reads "1 item in cart" when there is none. Is this also a problem caused by usps API's?

I never had the issue before but for some reason now I can't seem to fix it.

Anyone?