• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin report: Monthly Sales & Tax

zzfritz

Just a quick note about a problem on this report: it includes any orders that have been changed. For example, an order that has been refunded via PayPal may have been marked "Cancelled" or if payment was by check and the check hasn't yet cleared the status might be "On Hold".

Both situations are considered sales by this report, even though money has either been refunded or not yet arrived.

Not sure what the best solution is; but perhaps adding a "which order status(es) are to be considered" config?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an earlier version of this Mod and the report seems to show the sales prior to any discount. I use a Discount Mod set to individuals and the discount is calculated prior to tax. Does anyone know if the "new and improved" version reflect a sales report with discounts removed? Thnaks for the info. I am holding off upgrading until I hear if it will do what I need.

Kevin

I have an earlier version of this Mod and the report seems to show the sales prior to any discount.  I use a Discount Mod set to individuals and the discount is calculated prior to tax.  Does anyone know if the "new and improved" version reflect a sales report with discounts removed?  Thnaks for the info.  I am holding off upgrading until I hear if it will do what I need.

Kevin

I honestly do not know, but I did not change the manner in which it calculates numbers. I do know that my reports correctly take into account any gift vouchers or discount coupons used. But because your discount mod sounds a bit different than mine, I can't say for sure.

Sorry about not being able to give a more definitive answer :)

Do you know if the current version of this mod works with the Member Discount Mod and shows totals based on that discount. I have installed a contribution that shows yearly/monthly/daily sales report but represents full price purchases...not considering the discounts received by some members.

Thanks for the information.

Kevin

Edited by YogiSoap

• 1 month later...

Hello world!

Read through all posts here, and found this contrib does almost everything I need, EXCEPT for one thing:

I need a report on sales PER CUSTOMER.

Anyway someone could tweak this into this mod, or am I looking in the wrong place. Any help appreciated.

damsbo

Hello world!

Read through all posts here, and found this contrib does almost everything I need, EXCEPT for one thing:

I need a report on sales PER CUSTOMER.

Anyway someone could tweak this into this mod, or am I looking in the wrong place. Any help appreciated.

damsbo

My stock osC has a per customer report; it's not broken down per month/year/etc. tho.

My time is such this would be a low priority update (ie, at least a month off) unless there is a small amount of $ attached. :blush:

My stock osC has a per customer report; it's not broken down per month/year/etc. tho.

My time is such this would be a low priority update (ie, at least a month off) unless there is a small amount of $ attached.  :blush:

Errh. Got me there. YOUR stock osC or THE stock osC.

I found nothing in my download resembling per customer report ?

tnx your time

damsbo

Errh. Got me there. YOUR stock osC or THE stock osC.

I found nothing in my download resembling per customer report ?

tnx your time

damsbo

Under the Reports section I have "Customer Orders Total", which lists the order totals for customers (highest $ to lowest $). I never use this, so I don't know any other details. It's not a contribution as best I can tell (no match found in the contribution area either).

Under the Reports section I have "Customer Orders Total", which lists the order totals for customers (highest $ to lowest $). I never use this, so I don't know any other details. It's not a contribution as best I can tell (no match found in the contribution area either).

Quite! That might be useful (overlooked that in the beginning)

Come to think of it: A snapshot of this each week or month will give the possibility of making the stats by hand (excel dump)

I'll have a look into that. (Combine it with monthly sales or stats customers orders)

(hey, maybe i'll even come up with a new contrib!

thanks again

damsbo

I am needing to calculate the yearly amounts of taxes collected for everyones favorite yearly tax report. I installed this mod with no technical issues. However when I was checking the mods calculation of the 'taxes collected' for the month of June thus far against my own calculation from the orders, it doesn't quite match. Has anyone experienced this? What should I do? Thanks!

//jantzie

I am needing to calculate the yearly amounts of taxes collected for everyones favorite yearly tax report.  I installed this mod with no technical issues. However when I was checking the mods calculation of the 'taxes collected' for the month of June thus far against my own calculation from the orders, it doesn't quite match.  Has anyone experienced this?  What should I do?  Thanks!

//jantzie

I have not checked this closely, but it could be that it is off a bit due to test orders, cancelled orders, etc. Personally, I just use what it says as I don't feel the need to get better resolution.

That said, if you can give a repeatable example that shows a problem I'll be glad to take a look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm not sure if I have the right thread or not.... There wasn't a link in the contribution! I installed "Monthly Sales/Tax Report v2.1.1".

Now my problem is that I'm not seeing the options as mentioned for the drill down of sales by day, month and all that other stuff.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ok, I'm not sure if I have the right thread or not.... There wasn't a link in the contribution! I installed "Monthly Sales/Tax Report v2.1.1".

Now my problem is that I'm not seeing the options as mentioned for the drill down of sales by day, month and all that other stuff.

To get details on a month's sales, click on the month (it's a link).

I have this contribution working for the most part (v 1.55), but the taxable sales column is always at 0. Has anybody been able to solve this problem that a number of users (hcho10, Chris, BigRed) reported back in Aug 2003?

To distinguish taxable from exempt orders, the report logic compares the value of the delivery_state field in the (orders table entries) against the store zone, as returned by the tep_get_zone_name function. 

There was a revision to that function call several months ago, adding two parameters.  I suspect this is the culprit.

What did work in version 1.5 of the report was the call

tep_get_zone_name(STORE_ZONE)

My best guess at the correct new call (I could find no public documentation of the change or specification for the new parameters) is this

tep_get_zone_name(tep_get_country_name($country_id), STORE_ZONE, STORE_ZONE)

but maybe that is wrong.  Perhaps someone more familiar than I am with the core functions could see the problem.

I have this contribution working for the most part (v 1.55), but the taxable sales column is always at 0.    Has anybody been able to solve this problem that a number of users (hcho10, Chris, BigRed) reported back in Aug 2003?

This is working for me, and as far as I can tell the taxes calculated are correct.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this contribution with no problems and now, just when I need to do my state's sales tax report, it's not working!!

I'm getting these errors:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mirror_out() (previously declared in /home/.pagoda/scrapper/scrappersgalore.com/catalog/admin/stats_monthly_sales.php:626) in /catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1318

Here is what I have for line 1318

function mirror_out ($field) {

And for the stats_monthly_sales.php line 626:

else $csv_accum .= "," . $field; };

HELP!!! I'm not sure WHAT happened!

Take a closer look at the error message; it tells you exactly what the problem is.

That is to say, that at some point recently you added a contribution that updated general.php with a function called mirror_out (line 1318). This function is also declared in stats_monthly_sales.php (line 618) and thus there is a conflict.

The "best" fix is to compare the two routines, and if they are the same just remove the function declaration from stats_monthly_sales.php. The safest fix for you is to locate all references within stats_monthly_sales.php (and only stats_monthly_sales.php to mirror_out and change them to mirror_out_sms.

Good luck!

I've been using this contribution with no problems and now, just when I need to do my state's sales tax report, it's not working!!

I'm getting these errors:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mirror_out() (previously declared in /home/.pagoda/scrapper/scrappersgalore.com/catalog/admin/stats_monthly_sales.php:626) in /catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1318

Here is what I have for line 1318

function mirror_out ($field) {

And for the stats_monthly_sales.php line 626:

else $csv_accum .= "," . $field; };

HELP!!! I'm not sure WHAT happened!

• 1 month later...

I love the contribution - works great!

Has anyone ever tried sort of combining this with the products orders report to show the amount sold per product in addition to the total? We've only got a couple of products, and would love to see "Product A sales" and "Product B sales" before the total gross sales column. It looks relatively complicated, since the cart hasn't been keeping track of these product-specific sub-totals in the orders_total table. Before I reinvent the wheel, I thought I'd check and see if anyone had already done it. Thanks!

I have been wanting to combine the two reports for a while, but have not had the time to even start looking into it. Would be very handy.

Okay, I've got this particular issue working, however, it's made me discover a larger problem. The number of products it's returning is very slightly off from the number of products in the products_purchased report (I've used the contrib for the improved version), which is the same amount I get if I run the query on the db directly. To be clearer, I get a total of 5463 of product A, and 839 of product B in this report. However, I get 5485 and 844 in the products_purchased report and in the db directly by running a sum on products_quantity. The smaller numbers I get in this report are consistent with the sales figures it's returning (and therefore not consistent with the number I get when querying the db directly). So the entire report (not just my mods) seems to be missing 27 products and the associated sales amounts for them. Any ideas on what the problem might be? All products are status 1 (they take phone orders as well, and all shipping, etc...is handled by a fulfillment company, so no need to track status). All purchase dates are within a standard range (no odd 1969 or 2017 dates or anything).

Thanks for your help! I can send or post by mods if you like - it ended up being pretty easy.

Not sure why the totals would be off... unless it is due to the tax breakout? I seem to recall something about that, but I'm not near my code at the moment.

I'll pm you for the mods, thanks.

I have revised this report contribution so it works with any site's order status list.

Now it will generate a summary for all orders or for whichever status is selected from the dropdown list (just like the Orders review and edit page).

Willing testers of this revision should send me an email direct and I will reply with the file attached. I want to avoid making it a contribution until reasonably satisfied it works correctly.

Hi ZZFritz, smashing contrib and takes a little of the headache out of tax time. Thanks for sharing.

I have installed your 2.1.1c and it works great except for a couple of things which have been touched on here but which i find no answers for.

1. As you mentioned above re statuses. I too have a number of custom statuses in my store. Among these are:

Order cancelled

Refund Pending

Refund payed

and also the usual "Processing" and "Pending"

Of course orders with these statuses are not required to be totalled and added to the stores income report.

However orders with the following status would need to be included:

Processed - awaiting despatch.

Despatched

Delivered - order closed

So is it possible to exclude certain statuses, while including certain others?

Any info or tips greatly appreciated!

:D

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have added this contribution to my store, and it looks like it will be a great help to me so far. Thank you for the contribution! :thumbsup:

My situation here in Florida calls for me to determine not only the total gross income subject to tax, but also the amounts from each county (Florida has different tax rates for each of the 68 counties :x ) What I need to show is not only the gross income, but also the total gross income NOT from MY county. The popup for the tax collected shows me how much tax was collected from each county (my counties are set up as different tax zones) but it would be great if the income column could do the same thing (show the income from each county in a popup).

Being relatively new and dangerous to PHP, I can muddle my way through, but don't know where to start this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

John

• 2 weeks later...
would anybody happen to know if it's possible for this contribution to calculate GST & PST seperately, instead of all at once like it currently does?

Can't help you here, I can't even get any tax to show up...

I have the Canadian tax mod...

Did you have to modify anything?

SS:20030317