• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Sloppy Words Cleaner

Top_Speed

Yep, thet's accidentaly copied from create_account_php modifications. Use as reference:

$telephone = false;
    }

Just compare also with create_account.php-

Anyway you should be able to use the automatic modifications executed on module installation.

I'll fix it the next update, Thanks for the report.

• 1 month later...

Uploaded update:

Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.2.2

Changes versus Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.2.1

- fixed postcode to all uppercase . Thanks to @Mitch70

• 1 month later...

Hi,  I'm running a really old version of oscommerce, I believe it to be v2.3.4 bootstrap and recently customers have complained about a lot of errors being thrown up when they try to create an account.  Is there an easy fix? thanks

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 15.30.14.png

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

I'm a bit confused.  Should I just be making the manual changes?  I notice the latest install works from the admin/modules, but my website is too old to work that way.  If I just make the manual changes will that be okay (think I can about manage to follow that!)

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 17.28.41.png

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Why too old. If it’s 2.3.4 bootstrap it should work. If you get errors, apply manual changes.

Edited by raiwa

I just didn't think I had the right version as it says install from admin/modules /store, but I don't have a'store' section, or will a full install create one? 

Do I have to unintall the old version first?  Sorry! I'm so rusty, I haven't done any add ons for ages.

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 20.05.06.png

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 20.03.25.png

24 minutes ago, zefeena said:

Do I have to unintall the old version first?

Yes

24 minutes ago, zefeena said:

or will a full install create one?

Yes, make sure to upload all files, specifically these:

admin/includes/languages/english/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_store.php

admin/includes/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_store.php

Please see Instructions:

1. Copy all new files from the "upload" folder into the appropriate store folders

AND don't forget the hook support if you do not have it in your store:

0. Legacy (for older 2.3.4 BS and 2.3. - 2.3.4 Standard versions whithout hooks)

0.1 Upload New file:

legacy/[catalog]/includes/classes/hooks.php

Edited by raiwa

1 hour ago, raiwa said:

AND don't forget the hook support if you do not have it in your store:

0. Legacy (for older 2.3.4 BS and 2.3. - 2.3.4 Standard versions whithout hooks)

0.1 Upload New file:

legacy/[catalog]/includes/classes/hooks.php

I don't have a 'catalog' file.  all my files are in public_html, do I create a folder called legacy under 'home' or under public_html?  I feel like I'm already falling and I haven't even started.  /I have seen 'hooks' somewhere in my files, though I've never understood what they are/do!

additionally, how do I uninstall the original sloppy word cleaner, as I can't find a record of the install, I would normally work backwards reversing the install I presume?

1 hour ago, zefeena said:

I don't have a 'catalog' file.  all my files are in public_html,

In your case, your public_html directory is your catalog directory (the place where your shop files like product_info.php and checkout_process.php are).  Put the file that is in the distribution at legacy/catalog/includes/classes/hooks.php in public_html/includes/classes/ .  This directory should already exist and you just add the file. 

Note:  if something still doesn't seem to match, it may mean that I am misunderstanding your setup.  But using the public_html directory as your catalog directory is one pretty common option. 

Always back up before making changes.

6 minutes ago, ecartz said:

Put the file that is in the distribution at legacy/catalog/includes/classes/hooks.php in public_html/includes/classes/ .  This directory should already exist and you just add the file. 

Okay, thank you.  I have seen the hooks folder.  I have managed to find a copy of the sloppy cleaner from before 2015 (my website was created in April 2015), and so I am going to have a go at removing the install.  then I will may try the new install.  I'm just more concerned bout ridding my customer of 'errors' as I think its affecting sales.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, toughmama said:

Just did an install on Phoenix Edition v1.0.5.3 - it did not go well.
ideas... ?

It's not yet updated for Phoenix 1.0.5.3

It should work at least with manual edits up to Phoenix 1.0.5.0.
It will not work with Phoenix 1.0.5.1-1.0.5.3.+

Description/Instructions say:

Compatibility: OSCOM Phoenix ce 1.0.2.x

Please be patient.

Please see also:

Edited by raiwa

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded

Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.3.0

Requires Phoenix 1.0.5.3+

Changes versus Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.2.x

- swc hook updated to sitewide form check hook

- updated for Phoenix 1.0.5.3+ (Customer data, Form verification)

• 3 months later...

Uploaded

Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.3.1

Requires Phoenix 1.0.7.5+

Changes versus Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.3.0

- updated for Phoenix 1.0.7.5+

- swc hook moved to template directory

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Rainer,

Just upgraded to PHOENIX 1.0.7.7 and could not log in to my admin. Changing the admin/includes/modules/cfg_modules/cfgm_store.php to the following corrects the problem :

<?php
/*
  $Id: cfgm_store.php
  $Loc: catalog/admin/includes/modules/cfg_modules/

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

2016 wholesale PRO 2.0 
  by @raiwa 
  [email protected]
  www.oscaddons.com

Copyright (c) 2020 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License