• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Tracking Module

chris23

Chris, I am using your great contribution on a beefed up version of OSC. I have managed to overcome most issues, but it seems I am suffereing from the db problem, i.e. T&T reference not being saved.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

can someone please help me.

I have installed the tracking module and then the city link tracking option.

Please can you tell me why i get the following errors.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant EMAIL_NOTIFICATION_ in /home/incarmar/public_html/includes/classes/tracking_module.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/incarmar/public_html/includes/languages/english/tracking_module.php:43) in /home/incarmar/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Problem 1: have you installed the tracking module PATCH (14th November)? If you have, please post back here so I can think on.

Please see post #26 to fix your second issue - you need to remove the extra whitespace from includes/languages/english/tracking_module.php

HTH

Chris

Please use forum for support rather than PM - PMs unrelated to my contributions will be ignored.

Google Site Search is your friend

My contributions: Tracking Module | PDF Customer Invoice | Subcategory textboxes

Chris, I am using your great contribution on a beefed up version of OSC. I have managed to overcome most issues, but it seems I am suffereing from the db problem, i.e. T&T reference not being saved.

Hi Paul,

Looks like you've had a look through the various posts and so will have tried the suggestions on the board. I assume you've checked your MySQL db to make sure tracking_id is in orders_status_history?

When you say you've overcome most issues, what problems were you having (they may have a bearing on this issue)

I'm really not sure why the tracking id is not getting saved. I've installed the contrib on 4 live and two test sites, all with varying degrees of modification, and cannot replicate this issue. This makes fixing it difficult as you can imagine.

I am waiting on the other user, ogg2k, who is/was having this issue to e-mail his copy of admin/orders.php over so I can see what's going on there.

On a different note, I am waiting on CityLink's IT dept. (as quick at responding to e-mails as they are at delivering parcels ;)) to confirm the valid format of their "Job Numbers" - you may have an issue the existing module.

HTH

Chris

Please use forum for support rather than PM - PMs unrelated to my contributions will be ignored.

My contributions: Tracking Module | PDF Customer Invoice | Subcategory textboxes

Chris

The db is ok!

My problems have primarily been arount the subtle differences in setup between osc and cre, primarily based on templates. For a full rundown on the problems I have had, you can look here:

http://forum.creloaded.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=20408.html

I now have this issue and

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /content/x100p.eu/web/templates/content/account_history_info.tpl.php on line 201

which appears in the customer order history page. This is the templated version of the non.tpl file you use

Paul

Hi Guys

with regards to the valid format for labels can be as follows, i will show you using Ashford, kent branch & my old tracking prefix numbers:

Ashford: MMR12345

<letter><letter><letter><number><number><number><number><number>

My OLD Numbers: MR123456

<letter><letter><number><number><number><number><number><number>

If you need any help with confirming anything i am more than happy to call my account rep for you! He seems to know his stuff.

I have removed the tracking from my site at the moment until this is confirmed!

Any ideas as to when it would be?

pete

Hi Guys

with regards to the valid format for labels can be as follows, i will show you using Ashford, kent branch & my old tracking prefix numbers:

Ashford: MMR12345

<letter><letter><letter><number><number><number><number><number>

My OLD Numbers: MR123456

<letter><letter><number><number><number><number><number><number>

If you need any help with confirming anything i am more than happy to call my account rep for you! He seems to know his stuff.

I have removed the tracking from my site at the moment until this is confirmed!

Any ideas as to when it would be?

pete

Peter,

Many thanks for this. This is the confirmation I was waiting for. So 3+5 and 2+ 6 are valid with the former the new format.

I have a new version ready that will validate both numbers but didn't want to upload it until confirming that both formats are allowable. It might be an idea to check with your rep if you're happy to, just to check there are no esoteric / regional formats I need to check for.

I can have a modified module uploaded very quickly once we're all agreed on the format.

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris,

I am also still having problems with this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/incarmar/public_html/includes/languages/english/tracking_module.php:41) in /home/incarmar/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

i have edited out the whitespace in the file. but have had no joy about removing the error!

In the modules/tracking/Royal Mail Track & Trace™ I I have the following:

Royal Mail tracking module filename

Module filename called via AJAX - DO NOT EDIT

rm_track_trace.php

Looking at the forum, this is the old file, so I changed this to:

rm_tracking.php

thinking this ight be an issue, but it doesnt seem to change anything!!

In the modules/tracking/Royal Mail Track & Trace™ I I have the following:

Royal Mail tracking module filename

Module filename called via AJAX - DO NOT EDIT

rm_track_trace.php

Looking at the forum, this is the old file, so I changed this to:

rm_tracking.php

thinking this ight be an issue, but it doesnt seem to change anything!!

Paul,

This may not be your issue (I'll need to brush up on CRE first!) but you appear to have hit on a major bug!

You're absolutely right. The file name should be rm_tracking.php (rm_track_trace.php was from the old standalone contrib).

I will upload a fix ASAP.

Many thanks and well spotted!

Chris

New version of Royal Mail Track & Trace uploaded - fixes the glaring error found by Paul above (thanks to him!)

FYI, apart from being a 'loaded' version of OSC, it handled the site design in specific tempolate folders. As per my forum post over there, I have had some help from someone who has it working and I am using a clean install, so other contribs cant be interfering!

FYI, apart from being a 'loaded' version of OSC, it handled the site design in specific tempolate folders. As per my forum post over there, I have had some help from someone who has it working and I am using a clean install, so other contribs cant be interfering!

Yep - I've seen you've been chatting with William. He's a top guy - been very helpful to me. He also knows a lot more about CRE than I do. That said, I will have a good look through your thread on cre to see what I can do.

Edited by chris23

New version of CityLink module uploaded.

Thanks to Pete (ygrouk), the valid tracking IDs for CityLink are confirmed as:

TWO LETTERS + SIX DIGITS (NEW FORMAT)

and

THREE LETTERS + FIVE DIGITS (OLD FORMAT)

This new version will validate both types.

Cheers

Chris

Hi, Great contribution by the way!

But I think I have spotted an error, it seems have uploaded the wrong royal mail tracking module (v1.2) instead of 1.3, even though the zip is named v1.3.

I upgraded and noticed same file dates, and also within admin, module is still 1.2.

Cheers

But I think I have spotted an error, it seems have uploaded the wrong royal mail tracking module (v1.2) instead of 1.3, even though the zip is named v1.3.

I upgraded and noticed same file dates, and also within admin, module is still 1.2.

Cheers

Hi John,

The v1.3 zip does contain some new files, in particular the configuration values.

If you uninstall the old module and successfully install the new, your admin should report version 1.3

Cheers

Chris

Hi

I have tried to install the tracking module for city link v1.1 and have found out that there is a slight error in the language file entries.

This is wrong:

// Citylink - Class constants
define('INVALID_TK_ID_CL', 'The Initial Citylink ID you have supplied is not valid. Please check and try again. The required format is 2 letters, 6 digits eg AB123456 or 3 letters, 5 digits eg ABC12345. Do not use spaces.');
define('HEADING_CL', 'Add Initial Citylink Tracking Data (<em>if</em> applicable to this order)<p class="smallText">Please enter your 8 digit tracking ID for this order. Do not use spaces. The format is two letters, followed by 6 digits, eg <span style="color: red">AB123456</span></p>' or three letters followed by 5 digits e.g. <span style="color: red">ABC12345</span></p>');

Should Read:

define('INVALID_TK_ID_CL', 'The Initial Citylink ID you have supplied is not valid. Please check and try again. The required format is 2 letters, 6 digits eg AB123456 or 3 letters, 5 digits eg ABC12345. Do not use spaces.');
define('HEADING_CL', 'Add Initial Citylink Tracking Data (<em>if</em> applicable to this order)<p class="smallText">Please enter your 8 digit tracking ID for this order. Do not use spaces. The format is two letters, followed by 6 digits, eg <span style="color: red">AB123456</span></p> or three letters followed by 5 digits e.g. <span style="color: red">ABC12345</span></p>');

I have tried to install the tracking module for city link v1.1 and have found out that there is a slight error in the language file entries.

Hi Peter,

Unless I've gone blind, mad or stupid (always a possibility), the code blocks above are identical(??)

Edited by chris23

Chris,

the two bold areas are the problem:

define('HEADING_CL', 'Add Initial Citylink Tracking Data (<em>if</em> applicable to this order)<p class="smallText">Please enter your 8 digit tracking ID for this order. Do not use spaces. The format is two letters, followed by 6 digits, eg <span style="color: red">AB123456</span><

/p>' o

r three letters followed by 5 digits e.g. <span style="color: red">ABC12345</span></p>');

new one

define('HEADING_CL', 'Add Initial Citylink Tracking Data (<em>if</em> applicable to this order)<p class="smallText">Please enter your 8 digit tracking ID for this order. Do not use spaces. The format is two letters, followed by 6 digits, eg <span style="color: red">AB123456</span></p> or three letters followed by 5 digits e.g. <span style="color: red">ABC12345</span></p>');

Got it Pete,

I was looking for an error in the text, not the syntax.

You're right of course, there's an extra ' in there.

Sorry!

Chris

Edited by chris23

Hi John,

The v1.3 zip does contain some new files, in particular the configuration values.

If you uninstall the old module and successfully install the new, your admin should report version 1.3

Cheers

Chris

Yes ahhh I forgot to replace 1 file, it is now reporting v1.3! sorry about the false statement!

Hi, just found a bug, mind you the store im running this on is very heavily modified,

What happened is, I just enabled the tracking module then tried to delete an order which already existed and i get this upon hitting the delete button:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\green\osc\includes\languages\english\tracking_module.php:61) in C:\xampp\htdocs\green\osc\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 22

Any ideas what this means?

Regards

Chris

Ive also just noticed that when I test the module on a test order, and enter a tracking number and press update.

I get this:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant EMAIL_NOTIFICATION_CL in C:\xampp\htdocs\green\osc\includes\classes\tracking_module.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\green\osc\includes\languages\english\tracking_module.php:61) in C:\xampp\htdocs\green\osc\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 22

But the email gets sent anyway.

also in the customer side I see this:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant ADMIN_LINK_TITLE_CL in C:\xampp\htdocs\green\osc\includes\classes\tracking_module.php on line 229
12/18/2007 Processing   ABC12345
[ Your tracking ID - click ID for full status ]

See post #26 for a fix for this

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant ADMIN_LINK_TITLE_CL in C:\xampp\htdocs\green\osc\includes\classes\tracking_module.php on line 229

12/18/2007 Processing ABC12345

Did you remember to add the citylink language constants to catalog\includes\languages\english\tracking_module.php?

HTH

Chris