• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Recently Viewed Products(sales optimized)

b00

It's probably an incorrect session setting. Search this forum for session -- I remember seeing threads on this sort of thing.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

It's probably an incorrect session setting. Search this forum for session -- I remember seeing threads on this sort of thing.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, I''ll tried it out...

• 3 months later...

Good afternoon,

I've got the contrib installed with nearly everything working and blended the way i'd like it to be.

The one exception being the grid/rows option, i can't seem to get it working. The contrib simply defaults to the rows. I hate rows :P

Any idea what code is missing?

Take a look at thecitywidestore . ca

Thanks you,

Iain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both pages use $currencies->display_price to format the price with tax. I'm at a loss to explain why one would work and the other not.

Regards

Jim

I found the mistake which shows the price without tax in catalog/includes/modules/recently_viewed.php:

In:

catalog/includes/modules/recently_viewed.php

Find:

$info_box_text .= $currencies->display_price ($products_data[$products_id]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate ($products_data[$products_id]['products_tax_class_id']) );

replace with:

$info_box_text .= $currencies->display_price ($products_data[$products_id]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate ($products_data[$products_id]['tax_class_id']) );

I'll post this fix to the add on now.

Best regards

Rainer

The code is correct as it stands. Please do not introduce errors into the code base. If in doubt, check it first.

Regards

Jim

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I recently switched hosts and now I am getting the following (double) message above my products (on the product page):

Warning: include_once(includes/modules/recently_viewed.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/username/yolswan.com/product_info.php on line 412

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/recently_viewed.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/username/yolswan.com/product_info.php on line 412

The 'recently viewed module' shows fine at the bottom of the page, though, so I don't know what the issue might be here...

Thanks for any help!

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello everyone, I have installed this fantastic contr. osc on 2.3.3.1 and it works very well. No problem on the box to the left or the right box. Instead, I have a strange thing on the box below product_info .... I display just a product. Although this changes every time I visit the products, it is always and only 1.

thanks to those who can help

• 3 months later...

@@Robydem and @@kymation , has anyone gotten this to work on V2.3?  I used this on my old V2.2 site and it was a staple function for our customers and our sales agents working with customers to identify the perfect matching accessories.

I have installed this in my development environment which perfectly matches our new site.  Unfortunately, I can not get it to work.  Our site does not utilize columns in the normal manner but that is OK.  I'll figure out how to display the recently viewed items within our left column once I am able to get them to display at the bottom of the product_info.php which is proving to be quite problematic.

Jim ( @@kymation )

Within a previous post (#156), on July 6, 2011, another member mentioned a code issue regarding prices and tax.  Your response indicated that you did not agree with that assessment.  Within the contribution download page, another member uploaded a "fix" for prices and taxes on January 22, 2009.  Yet, I don't find any indication that you concur with that modification.  I have utilized many of your contributions and relied heavily on your many many responses within the forums.  Thus, I just want to make sure that the "fixes" uploaded to the contribution page after your last "full package" are appropriate.  I dug through each of them and I can confirm that some of the instructions within those additional "fixes" are quite unclear, one of them references an incorrect directory for file uploads, and another has deprecated PHP.  

I don't point out those issues as a critic; rather for two specific reasons...

1. I need to determine if they are appropriate and correct, or if I should simply install your last full package from November 5, 2008.
  2. If I can confirm they are appropriate and correct, and get this working on my site to verify everything, I'll be happy to compile the last four modifications, fix the deprecated PHP and correct the instructions within a new "full package" (while also adding the missing screen shots) to make things easier for the next people wishing to install the add-on.

As always, thanks for your help Jim (and others)!!!

Edited by AllThingsTrendy

Anthony David

AllThingsTrendy.com

It's right if it works. Test any changes carefully, and keep them if the result works correctly.

I've added variations of this code to a number of stores, including various 2.3 versions. it can be adapted to work if you understand the differences in the boxes. You can’t just install any of these versions as they're not compatible with osC 2.3.x. I would start with the 2008 version, adapt it to 0sC 2.3, and test thoroughly. Then add any of the additional fixes that you need, testing after each one. You should end up with a usable 2.3 version.

Please contribute this back if you do manage to get a working 2.3-compatible version. I think there are people who would find it useful.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

Uploaded a new version for bootstrap:

Recently Viewed Products (sales optimized) for osCommerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9299

Version 3.0 BS by @raiwa [email protected]
Changes:
- Updated for Bootstrap
- All modules updated for Bootstrap box and content modules
- recently viewed page updated to use core product_listing.php
- hardcoded database table names and filenames
- spanish and german language files added
- Easy installation

Based on:
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5520
1.0 Original version by b00
2.0 Updates and additional features by Kymation

Demo Store:

http://www.sarfotostock.com/osCommerce234bs/

Edited by raiwa

Hello, the installation was easy, than in instaled the Modules wiht admin, but ther are no boxes.

What is wrong?

Did you open some products?? Modules do not show until you visit at least one product page - product_info.php :-)

:) yes i have visit some products.

i think its maybe a Session Problem?

Then check in you session table, you should get something like this:

recently_viewed|s:10:"16,1,24,28";

Did you visit my Demo store?? It works there and has been installed with the download package files.

i have visit your store, there it walks fine.

in my Sesson Table ist nothing as 

recently_viewed|s:10:"16,1,24,28";

is this a new Column?

In table sessions  search you session, then edit your session and search in => value,

there it should be listed

yKhpj2wZGG29gSJk68cWOcffiTINStIk6ikxBemZm9QuwJpSgrM4Q3smPc2cxc3dmwNxQkkoN7cZO2fpqzTK1ELrei-YZ5Jap1g-dvq4gr-SfuGNqev2dk0TZuoNxWNwpOTn9UmRBC-wpSEYoIj_TatLq8Bzi9ZULeGG7m3jwbSdpwX1hthTELn6yIIH6HRGGIMjwyZN91z--7VH3UF6S5ps46nUhEra_Nqj1lJy1MB5FetzTntKqvqsDF18fklaVM3AwpEqP8BjbRiLYgOSOQcQ-BveZMBwN8ig7WqTp8vyL2cshFl28MvjMasyDIJEPS8HDpoG0JW4hlT8BO5KSnBsv0xsc-MnBA6k6NLFdi2ceIi-X-PJQMfcCWgNrTEj7NTmI9EDyx_qZI6reSn2pBA8XyN5yDn2BcD1P5dUoZXjZdef3-pkq3TffnfRiTTvxPZKG3JHEEY659dVxIj0r5d471xu8OxdMisgPDPRSnt-1hTABczYUyJKHtU2wTWayB0YIK_U6uVqvT8kqbzRXtg0wy6L_USoApfx4cwT1Qc6ANNHEcPP1jTOJrVQpY4uVXl4wkrSM_xotvZUL4XrEP7A9HEEvYKsOhBz7041lK3hlpCxH-01Kd3DOJ1JmGlslDhWMFvtN_euZ_Sst0_f9uj2oyczhVwYOu5rGKfHK3N1lQESSTUjmG3zzuDjza86k_yLL4eval5BGYS_K57mFQboYGama75R0qMaWSstwaIbCvxrEk53frOUQB2i8sBWwA5-_vxITM9jgHezEXl_KFyzD1KPx1wBBBsVcP-3YCwx6Nlu_a__A97mLL1FlQNgCtSdKaFx-dJZduM0QYD-UKHElW6rU2iUdFHPUgIRBlg7T9NoIF-4f8AdzRABEj5ynpBSTLZNti-nO-rYiyY5xOOrJe_jP7ZoKnVaJ4iu5UY.

this is my Session value, there is it not listet...

Edited by ringo667

yKhpj2wZGG29gSJk68cWOcffiTINStIk6ikxBemZm9QuwJpSgrM4Q3smPc2cxc3dmwNxQkkoN7cZO2fpqzTK1ELrei-YZ5Jap1g-dvq4gr-SfuGNqev2dk0TZuoNxWNwpOTn9UmRBC-wpSEYoIj_TatLq8Bzi9ZULeGG7m3jwbSdpwX1hthTELn6yIIH6HRGGIMjwyZN91z--7VH3UF6S5ps46nUhEra_Nqj1lJy1MB5FetzTntKqvqsDF18fklaVM3AwpEqP8BjbRiLYgOSOQcQ-BveZMBwN8ig7WqTp8vyL2cshFl28MvjMasyDIJEPS8HDpoG0JW4hlT8BO5KSnBsv0xsc-MnBA6k6NLFdi2ceIi-X-PJQMfcCWgNrTEj7NTmI9EDyx_qZI6reSn2pBA8XyN5yDn2BcD1P5dUoZXjZdef3-pkq3TffnfRiTTvxPZKG3JHEEY659dVxIj0r5d471xu8OxdMisgPDPRSnt-1hTABczYUyJKHtU2wTWayB0YIK_U6uVqvT8kqbzRXtg0wy6L_USoApfx4cwT1Qc6ANNHEcPP1jTOJrVQpY4uVXl4wkrSM_xotvZUL4XrEP7A9HEEvYKsOhBz7041lK3hlpCxH-01Kd3DOJ1JmGlslDhWMFvtN_euZ_Sst0_f9uj2oyczhVwYOu5rGKfHK3N1lQESSTUjmG3zzuDjza86k_yLL4eval5BGYS_K57mFQboYGama75R0qMaWSstwaIbCvxrEk53frOUQB2i8sBWwA5-_vxITM9jgHezEXl_KFyzD1KPx1wBBBsVcP-3YCwx6Nlu_a__A97mLL1FlQNgCtSdKaFx-dJZduM0QYD-UKHElW6rU2iUdFHPUgIRBlg7T9NoIF-4f8AdzRABEj5ynpBSTLZNti-nO-rYiyY5xOOrJe_jP7ZoKnVaJ4iu5UY.

this is my Session value, there is it not listet...

This looks like the session key or you have this encrypted, never seen such a long session key.

the value should look like this:

sessiontoken|s:32:"425ec7f7aeae42ec9b9e374017b051fb";cart|O:12:"shoppingCart":5:{s:8:"contents";a:0:{}s:5:"total";i:0;s:6:"weight";i:0;s:6:"cartID";N;s:12:"content_type";b:0;}language|s:7:"english";languages_id|s:1:"1";currency|s:3:"USD";navigation|O:17:"navigationHistory":2:{s:4:"path";a:2:{i:0;a:4:{s:4:"page";s:9:"index.php";s:4:"mode";s:6:"NONSSL";s:3:"get";a:0:{}s:4:"post";a:0:{}}i:1;a:4:{s:4:"page";s:16:"product_info.php";s:4:"mode";s:6:"NONSSL";s:3:"get";a:1:{s:11:"products_id";s:1:"1";}s:4:"post";a:0:{}}}s:8:"snapshot";a:0:{}}recently_viewed|s:10:"16,1,24,28";

@@ringo667,

the product_info module needs to be installed, the visited products are registered there.

I'll see if I can modify it so the other modules can be used without it.