• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search Tag Cloud

Nice easy to install contribution. Thanks.

Any way of removing words from the cloud?

Better still, omitting certain words or clearing the cache/ emptying the results?

Edited by digilee

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Hi there

That is a cool contribution that we would like to use, however, we do not use products_listing.php. Have you thought about making this work with product_info.php? Then it would display the same tag cloud with a box in either left or right columns for each product.

This wasnt the goal of the contribution. You want a box, which shows the mosted used words on the product_info.php?

Any way of removing words from the cloud?

Actually there is no filter. so, you should emtying the table with the "bad words".

But, only searches with a result gets counted. So it should not be a big problem.

Have a nice day

Stefan

This wasnt the goal of the contribution. You want a box, which shows the mosted used words on the product_info.php?

Yes we realize it may not have been the goal, but it sure would be a cool enhancement others would use.

As we do not use product_listing.php, each product is displayed as its own page and thus it would be good to have the same box you show, but working with product_info.php. It has everything we are looking for in a search tag cloud just not sure of the PHP side and how to make it work on product_info.php.

I´ve been using it for a couple of days now, and the installation was a breeze :)

I do understand that it is version 1.0 basically, but I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to configure how many tags of each I wan´t to display? (ie 10 really big, 10 medium and 10 small).

Check out spastugan.se, a Swedish shop that I´m maintaining. I got the tag cloud in the footer but it doesn´t look really good when almost all the search words are the same size if you know what I mean?

2. would it be possible to add a configuration so that it utilizes "bought products" or "viewed products" instead of search words?

3. Would it be possible to add an admin config so that one could choose to display the search terms in random/alphabetical order?

4. Is there some way to get it to reset the search results so that it starts counting new search word popularity? (ie reset the stats once a day/week etc)

It is a great contrib, and it can get even better with some configurable variables!

For me, the tag for bad (wich is swedish for bath), agno (a manufacturer) and tvål (swedish word for soap) are all the same size in the tag cloud.

- bad occurs 26 times in the search index

- agno occurs 12 times in the search index

- tvål occurs 6 times in the search index

Something seems to not be working the way it should? There are other words between them in the search index also...

1. No, the conbribution calculate itself by the frequency of the searches, how big the tags are. Try changing the "freq" in the table. take some different values. then the tags will be different sizes.

2. hmm? what will be the profit

3. this would be possible, but not now. actualle they will sortet alphabetically

4. for periodically reset you should setup a cron-job. in the next version, i can add a funktion which runs the following sql:

delete from customers_searches;

i tested it just with in german language. but other people told me, it works fine. why you dont send me an email with some more information to eliminate the problem? my email is in the install.txt.

I´ve been using it for a couple of days now, and the installation was a breeze smile.gif

I do understand that it is version 1.0 basically, but I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to configure how many tags of each I wan´t to display? (ie 10 really big, 10 medium and 10 small).

Check out spastugan.se, a Swedish shop that I´m maintaining. I got the tag cloud in the footer but it doesn´t look really good when almost all the search words are the same size if you know what I mean?

2. would it be possible to add a configuration so that it utilizes "bought products" or "viewed products" instead of search words?

3. Would it be possible to add an admin config so that one could choose to display the search terms in random/alphabetical order?

4. Is there some way to get it to reset the search results so that it starts counting new search word popularity? (ie reset the stats once a day/week etc)

It is a great contrib, and it can get even better with some configurable variables!

For me, the tag for bad (wich is swedish for bath), agno (a manufacturer) and tvål (swedish word for soap) are all the same size in the tag cloud.

- bad occurs 26 times in the search index

- agno occurs 12 times in the search index

- tvål occurs 6 times in the search index

Something seems to not be working the way it should? There are other words between them in the search index also...

Edited by tumi

• 3 weeks later...

I´ll send you an email with some more expanations.

Regarding #2 "would it be possible to add a configuration so that it utilizes "bought products" or "viewed products" instead of search words?"

I think the benefit is that the tag cloud would show popular products in the shop, and not just searched products.

to all SEO's:

respect point 5 in the install.txt

To clarify for any who install this, this step is optional. It borders on a violation of the contribution rules and should not be included but contribution monitoring is not what it once was. But blindly linking to sites can damage a sites PR and unexperienced people may add these links thinking they have to or are obligated to. If you are installing this contribution and want to do the links, that is fine. But do not do them blindly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...
somebody used it? whistling.gif

Stefan

I'm Using it and i think it is a great contri altough i think that the 'algorithm' needs to be changed.

For example:

when somebody searches for 'porsche' and you have 1000 articles that have the word 'porsche' in it (porsche car, porsche brakes, ...), it counts that you have searched 1000 times (!) for that word instead of 1.

In that way, it doesn't really show a thrustworthy 'image'. After 2 searches on 'Porsche' the font size will be very large and after 1000 searches on 'Porsche brakes' the font size will still be very small. (smaller than the word 'Porsche')

Sorry for my bad english... it's a foreign language for me.

Edited by ident

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I installed this nice little contribution, thanks!

Is there still support? I ask this because there's no reply on the comment from ident/Dirk and because I have a question:

I think this contribution works with words entered in the small search box. In my website I only use the advanced search page. How to adjust the code so it will work with words entered in this page?

Hope someone can help me with this one :huh:

Edited by osCshop

:blush:

I've found the answer to my question. You have to put the code instead of product listing to advanced search result before:

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH));
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, tep_get_all_get_params(), 'NONSSL', true, false));

Me again, beside a fix for not showing words with no results; how to fix the W3C error:

A space should not be contained in a URI (even if it works in all browsers…).

The spaces should be replace by '%20' for W3C..

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Size depends on how often a keyword was used in search. If teh maximum value is reached every tag will sho on the same size

This is the reason for, that i have changed it to randomized values on my installation. Also i have modified it to support Ultimate SEO contrib

Thanks for the quick reply Frank.

I understand how the cloud works, it's just that the SPAN tag is having no effect on the contents of the infobox. The source code of the page is showing that the tags are all different font sizes, but the page itself does not show this. I thought the SPAN tag overwrote any other style applied to the table's cell. I'll have to look into the CSS of the page a bit more.

Thanks for the contribution, however I can't seem to get the links to show different sizes. Am I doing something wrong? Installed according to instructions on latest contrib version.

That's my problem too. If you look at the source code of your generated page you will see that the fonts are different sizes, they are just not being rendered on the screen. It must be something to do with an inherited class within the section of the page that the cloud is being shown. I've tried sorting it out but to no avail. :(

OB, thanks for pointing that out. On that note, I checked my stylesheet.css and noticed that I had defined my A (or link) size to 11px. Removed that line, reloaded page and bingo! It WAS being restricted by an inherited class. Awesome contrib.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

When i try to click on one of the words in my tag cloud it doesnt take the keyword through, so it loads advanced search results and tells me no keywords were selected.

The link, when i hover over it, looks like this:

/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=&search_in_description=1

It should look like:

catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=dvd&search_in_description=1

I have installed latest file from oscommerce addon's area - so, very confused.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

I have mysql 5 - not sure if that has a bearing on the php script used to call the fields???

Does your search work normally? I know I had many problems getting my search function to work before I even got to this addon. Until then, nothing worked.

Hey guys,

When i try to click on one of the words in my tag cloud it doesnt take the keyword through, so it loads advanced search results and tells me no keywords were selected.

The link, when i hover over it, looks like this:

/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=&search_in_description=1

It should look like:

catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=dvd&search_in_description=1

I have installed latest file from oscommerce addon's area - so, very confused.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

I have mysql 5 - not sure if that has a bearing on the php script used to call the fields???