• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site almost ready to go live - comments

wdyck

Greetings:

Thanks to everyones help in ironing out a few questions here and there the site is almost ready to go live. There are just a few more coding tweaks and graphical changes to make here and there and hopefully it will be ready to go in a few days. The overall design is not totally what I wanted, however, because of time constraints, I opted to go with the basic osCommerce layout and change the look of it a bit.

The site can be viewed at this address:

http://www.flightsimgear.com/catalog/default.php

Comments welcome.

Cheers.

Wayne

Not a critisism just a question...

Dont you think the header image is a little too big??

You store doesnt seem to start till you hit half way down the page, and that is in 1280x1024.

What is this gonna be like in 800x600?

CC.

Not a critisism just a question...

Dont you think the header image is a little too big??

CC.

It might be a tad. I just looked at it again and it is 160 pixels in height. Usually I go with a maximum of 150, however, you have a point...and I have been staring at this thing for to long :) so I am a little blind to certain things.

Thanks for the comments. I will revisit it and see.

Cheers.

Wayne

From a graphical standpoint, the banner is too big to be by itself. Either shrink it or perhaps a better solution would be to "balance" it out by putting something on the right side. A big blue bar across the top is not pleasing to my eyes.

I like the XPish theme of the boxes.. however the black bar at the bottom could be changed to the same dark blue as above for consitency.

Funny you should mention the blue bar...that is one of the last things I am looking to change. True, it does need something on the right hand side. I am still working with a couple of ideas.

Then again, I might shrink it as well.

Thanks for the input.

Wayne

Archived