• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS - Popup images not working

synthea

Now I just retried with that code you showed above, the

<!--$headcontent--> code

. I took out the resized javascript and tried it with adding that to the head, but that didn't work either, so I changed it back to resized javascript since I can always resize the images if I have to, however, I'd prefer to have the pop up window resize to the size of the image.

Where do I find all these $headcontent special codes that I'm supposed to have in my templates and don't? And BTW, what is STS and where do you look for it?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STS is short for Simple Template System.

It's a contribution you can install.

It doesn't look like you have it installed.

I might be able to wrangle the existing pop-up script to resize to each image.

:unsure:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Have you looked at this:

Easy Pop Ups

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Now I just retried with that code you showed above, the
<!--$headcontent--> code

. I took out the resized javascript and tried it with adding that to the head, but that didn't work either, so I changed it back to resized javascript since I can always resize the images if I have to, however, I'd prefer to have the pop up window resize to the size of the image.

Where do I find all these $headcontent special codes that I'm supposed to have in my templates and don't? And BTW, what is STS and where do you look for it?

Jackson,

Please don't take this as sounding rude or harsh but the subject of this thread had to do with issues related to STS and the popup image. If you do not have STS installed but are having Popup image problems, it would have been better for you (and the community) to have started your own thread regarding your particular issue. I say this because in the future, other STS users may come by this thread in doing a search and your post would only confuse the subject at hand.

If you do not have STS installed, then my solutions mentioned above would not apply.

:thumbsup: Germs suggestions would however.

Hope this helped others out there,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Well, bkellum, sorry about that but I had no idea what the "STS" part was, I was just searching for a solution to the popup window not working because I didn't get any answer to the first post about it - then I found this one.

And I wouldn't mind installing the STS now that I know what it stands for, if I knew where to get it. Now that I've heard that, I'm thinking that the previous head code <!--$headcontent--> probably doesn't apply to what I'm using, which is without the STS. I'm assuming I'd still need a fix for the javascript though.

Jackson,

Please don't take this as sounding rude or harsh but the subject of this thread had to do with issues related to STS and the popup image. If you do not have STS installed but are having Popup image problems, it would have been better for you (and the community) to have started your own thread regarding your particular issue. I say this because in the future, other STS users may come by this thread in doing a search and your post would only confuse the subject at hand.

If you do not have STS installed, then my solutions mentioned above would not apply.

:thumbsup: Germs suggestions would however.

Hope this helped others out there,

Explore the Easy Pop Ups link in my last post.

It appeared to me to do what you want.

:blush:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Thanks, germ, I tried changing to that easy popup scripts in the two files, but that doesn't seem to do anything either - now I've got it back the way it was.

Can anyone tell me where to find all these add-ins (e.g., STS)?

I didn't find anything at the oscommerce site.

I had seen a post about additional products, and I was interested in that too.

Have you looked at this:

Easy Pop Ups

Thanks, germ, I tried changing to that easy popup scripts in the two files, but that doesn't seem to do anything either - now I've got it back the way it was.

Can anyone tell me where to find all these add-ins (e.g., STS)?

I didn't find anything at the oscommerce site.

I had seen a post about additional products, and I was interested in that too.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Well, I guess I can't use the STS, I have no idea how to edit the file and it's just putting boxes everywhere.

I've read the coding and the layout and while it makes sense, I can't see why everything is all over the place.

I guess I'm starting all over again with the default system.

Well, I guess I can't use the STS, I have no idea how to edit the file and it's just putting boxes everywhere.

I've read the coding and the layout and while it makes sense, I can't see why everything is all over the place.

I guess I'm starting all over again with the default system.

Jackson,

The Simple Template System v4 is probably the most easiest contribution to install. On a new osCommerce RC1, it is as easy as copying the files over your existing files. Easy. Done.

Next, you need to get aquainted with how STS and osC work together. The way to do that would be to first turn on STS in the admin, change the template folder to "full" and then start playing around with the different template pages.

STS adds many features to osCommerce such as having a different layout for your home page, each category page, each product page, etc. You can even use the Infobox Template feature to create custom templates for each individual infobox.

As you mentioned above, STS allows you to place the different components of osCommerce anywhere you want. For example, if you did not want your Information Infobox on your home page, you just leave out the tag for that box in your home page template. If you want that same box to appear on the right verses the left column, again, just move the tag to the right column.

Let's say you don't want three columns, or maybe just one column for a specific page. That is very easy to do as well. :rolleyes:

:blink: So...I guess what I'm saying is I can't understand your statement that you "can't use STS"? I have never heard anyone put it that way before. I've heard others say that they preferred to hard code the PHP scripts to using a template system but that was because they were very good at coding PHP.

:thumbsup: This forum is great and we are all here to help each other so if you want/need more help with using STS, just use the link in my signature below (STSv4 forum) to get quick STS support.

Good luck with whatever direction you go,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks, Bill.

I did take it off and install an older version of the STS - only because I was getting an error in the zip file from the most recent version, so I thought I'd start all over.

I reinstalled the whole database, site and older STS and tried a couple of things with it. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the lightbox working on the pop ups instead of just the pop up so maybe then I wouldn't have to worry about my original issue of the resizing.

I'm not getting that working either. I put the lightbox stylesheet into my 'catalog' directory and included the js includes in my 'includes' /js directory, changed the files according to the install directions and that's not working either.

I can't seem to do anything right.

It's gotten frustrating. So I went shopping. I'll go back to it in a bit and see if there's anything else I can figure out.

Obviously not too bright over here.

Jackson,

The Simple Template System v4 is probably the most easiest contribution to install. On a new osCommerce RC1, it is as easy as copying the files over your existing files. Easy. Done.

Next, you need to get aquainted with how STS and osC work together. The way to do that would be to first turn on STS in the admin, change the template folder to "full" and then start playing around with the different template pages.

STS adds many features to osCommerce such as having a different layout for your home page, each category page, each product page, etc. You can even use the Infobox Template feature to create custom templates for each individual infobox.

As you mentioned above, STS allows you to place the different components of osCommerce anywhere you want. For example, if you did not want your Information Infobox on your home page, you just leave out the tag for that box in your home page template. If you want that same box to appear on the right verses the left column, again, just move the tag to the right column.

Let's say you don't want three columns, or maybe just one column for a specific page. That is very easy to do as well. :rolleyes:

:blink: So...I guess what I'm saying is I can't understand your statement that you "can't use STS"? I have never heard anyone put it that way before. I've heard others say that they preferred to hard code the PHP scripts to using a template system but that was because they were very good at coding PHP.

:thumbsup: This forum is great and we are all here to help each other so if you want/need more help with using STS, just use the link in my signature below (STSv4 forum) to get quick STS support.

Good luck with whatever direction you go,

Care to post a link to your site, Roger?

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I've tried the methods mentioned here, but still can't get the popup-window to resize on FireFox v2.0.0.8

The method works with Internett Explorer tho :huh:

Are you using STS (hence the subject line)?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

:blush: I've solved my problem.... someone come hit me with a stick please!

Note to self: remember to check your javascript settings on the browser your using before starting to complain something doesn't work! /bonk self

My mistake, it is working, but my paranoid self turned off a few javascript functions on FF.

• 2 months later...

ok. now i think i need help.

You can take a look at my store: http://www.moods.com.sg/catalog/product_in...?products_id=37

If you click on "click to enlarge" the popup doesn't work.

Apparently i tried installing the Easy Popups but it didn't help too.

<head><html $htmlparams>
<!--$headcontent-->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><style type="text/css">
<!--
body,td,th {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 10px;
color: #000000;
}
body {
background-color: #BFA884;
background-image: url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/babyswirl/bckgrd-4.gif);
background-repeat: repeat;
}
.style1 {
font-size: 12;
font-weight: bold;
}
-->
</style></head>

As mentioned, I both htmlparams and headcontent is in between <head> and </head>.

Can anyone figure any errors?

Same problem as here:

Click Me

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

tried it.. but didn't work.. here's the coding for my product_info.php file:

<?php
/*
$Id: product_info.php,v 1.97 2003/07/01 14:34:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

</head>

You didn't follow my directions.

You CAN'T copy/paste the code from that thread.

You have to get it from the source in the web page I linked to.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

This code here:

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')

Must be all on ONE very long line in your code.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

sorry, i know its frustrating to have newbies like me asking questions you'd prolly answered a million times.. :(

I went to your link and did as told, and its in a line now:

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

</head>

but still cant work!

http://www.moods.com.sg/catalog/product_in...?products_id=40