• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] oscThumb

Thank you for this awesome contribution.

After installing and configuring oscThumb I am still having an issue I'm hoping that someone can help me with.

I don't see Thumbnails, which according to the instructions supposed to be at Admin > Configuration > Thumbnails.

I double and triple checked my work and I followed the instructions fine.

I do have oscThumb, located at Admin > Configuration > oscThumb

Note: This is brand new installation using osCommerce v2.2 RC2 with an older Template Monster template, which may be a contributing factor, but is much wanted.

What am I doing wrong or what did I miss?

Is there something that needs to be installed/configured first?

If the template is the cause, is there a workaround/fix?

Thank you in advance,

Steve

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this awesome contribution.

After installing and configuring oscThumb I am still having an issue I'm hoping that someone can help me with.

I don't see Thumbnails, which according to the instructions supposed to be at Admin > Configuration > Thumbnails.

I double and triple checked my work and I followed the instructions fine.

I do have oscThumb, located at Admin > Configuration > oscThumb

Note: This is brand new installation using osCommerce v2.2 RC2 with an older Template Monster template, which may be a contributing factor, but is much wanted.

What am I doing wrong or what did I miss?

Is there something that needs to be installed/configured first?

If the template is the cause, is there a workaround/fix?

Thank you in advance,

Steve

Admin > Configuration > oscThumb

is correct

Admin > Configuration > oscThumb

is correct

Thanks for your super fast reply.

Is "Admin > Configuration > oscThumb" the same as "Admin > Configuration > Thumbnails"? If so than the confusion is at my end.

Maybe you can help me with this: Is there a place where I specify the number of thumbnails or how do I add multiple thumbnails.

Much appreciated,

Steve

Hello Sam,

Okay, this is what I want. If I want to get the image path of a product from its product id (=1234 for example): get_image.php?proId=1234

//connect database
$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_image from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where p.products_id = '" . $_GET['proId'] . "'");

$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

$filePath= DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'];

So It will return the products_image, and it is not encrypted. My question is how can we get the encrypt file name from oscthumb?

Could you show me a demo of website using Simple Multi Image Add-on and oscThumb?

BTW, on Simple Multi Image Add-on, there is a field products_image_array. Can you show an example of its value?

thank you for your great help.

For that you could use:

preg_match('/"([^"]+)"/',htmlentities ( tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'],'','','','','',5), ENT_NOQUOTES), $image);  
$filePath = str_replace('&','&',$image[1]); 

If you look on the support thread there are many that have linked to their site with it

The dbase entry is a serialised version of an array, not suitable for manual editing, if you are wishing to convert from another contribs dbase entries, I have provided code within the support thread for that too.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi folks,

I've installed oscThumb onto my osC setup, double checked all the correct code is in there and reuploaded the source phpThumb / oscthumb.php files twice. I am still recieving the error : OutputThumbnail() failed - headers already sent : on images however.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there any known issues which will cause this and solutions for them?

Cheers

R

Hi All,

First of all i want to thank you for your time..

I installed the add on, and when under Admin->Configuration->oscThumb i switch oscThumb master switch to true, my images on the site are all broken links. I have NOT turned any extra features i.e. watermark or encryption on, and i have reviewed my installations 3 times and a mate as looked at it as well... i cant work out what have i done wrong?

on 1 of the broken links i right click and selected "Copy Image Url" which is...

http://Mywebsiteaddress/store/oscthumb.php?src=/images/Mobiles/EGG-107-2.jpg&w=100&h=80&fltr[]=wmt|Eoghans%20Gismoz%20n%20Gadgets|10|Top|000000|arial.ttf|20|0|0&f=jpg&q=95&hash=bae816922606644182c5a18748446708

Any HElp PLease?

Perhaps your php isnt compiled with all the necessary gd library functions?

Add this code to a page (I add it just b4 the <!-- body //--> section) it will inform u of you gd library status.

<style type="text/css">
.yes, .no {color: green; float: right; font-weight: bold;}
.no {color: red; }
.opts {float: left;}
</style>

<center><div style="clear: both; width:400px;">
<?php 
$yes = '<p class="yes">Yes</p>'; $no = '<p class="no">No!!</p>';$nl =  '<br><hr>';
echo '<br><p class="opts">GD support on your server:</p>';	
if(function_exists("gd_info"))   {   
 echo $yes .$nl;   $gd = gd_info(); 
 echo '<p class="opts">GD Version =</p><p class="yes">' . $gd['GD Version'] . '</p>'. $nl;  
 echo '<p class="opts">XBM Support =</p>' . ($gd['XBM Support'] ? $yes : $no ) . $nl; 
 echo '<p class="opts">Jpeg Support =</p>' . ($gd['JPG Support'] ? $yes : $no ) . $nl;
 echo '<br>Options List:<br><br>'; 
 foreach ($gd as $k => $v) {
 if ($k == 'GD Version') continue;
  echo '<p class="opts">' . $k . '</p>' .($v ? $yes : $no).$nl;
 }
} else { echo $no;   } 
 ?></div></center>

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

I like how this plugin displays the thumbnails in the product listing page, but is it possible to make it display the full size image in the product description page? If so, can someone tell me what to change?

You can install Spooks Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups which you can find here...it uses oscThumb.

Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups

I use it and like it alot.

Dan

Perhaps your php isnt compiled with all the necessary gd library functions?

Add this code to a page (I add it just b4 the <!-- body //--> section) it will inform u of you gd library status.

<style type="text/css">
.yes, .no {color: green; float: right; font-weight: bold;}
.no {color: red; }
.opts {float: left;}
</style>

<center><div style="clear: both; width:400px;">
<?php 
$yes = '<p class="yes">Yes</p>'; $no = '<p class="no">No!!</p>';$nl =  '<br><hr>';
echo '<br><p class="opts">GD support on your server:</p>';	
if(function_exists("gd_info"))   {   
 echo $yes .$nl;   $gd = gd_info(); 
 echo '<p class="opts">GD Version =</p><p class="yes">' . $gd['GD Version'] . '</p>'. $nl;  
 echo '<p class="opts">XBM Support =</p>' . ($gd['XBM Support'] ? $yes : $no ) . $nl; 
 echo '<p class="opts">Jpeg Support =</p>' . ($gd['JPG Support'] ? $yes : $no ) . $nl;
 echo '<br>Options List:<br><br>'; 
 foreach ($gd as $k => $v) {
 if ($k == 'GD Version') continue;
  echo '<p class="opts">' . $k . '</p>' .($v ? $yes : $no).$nl;
 }
} else { echo $no;   } 
 ?></div></center>

Put that in and nothing has come up?? So does that mean that there is something wrong??

Thanks again

Put that in and nothing has come up?? So does that mean that there is something wrong??

Thanks again

Means you put it in the wrong place, created an error or put it somewhere it wont execute.

It will say GD support on your server yes (+options) or no

it must be within a php file, not a html one

Sam

Contributions:

I uninstall "on the fly" for install oscThumb and... oscThumb rooolz jejjee.

I have a little problem, in the config I have using Text Watermak only for the popups images, but it's show too in product_info thumbnails.

I have installed too Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.3.5

Can anybody help me, please?

Sorry for my poor english :blush:

Regards!!!

Watermark on thumbnail

I uninstall "on the fly" for install oscThumb and... oscThumb rooolz jejjee.

I have a little problem, in the config I have using Text Watermak only for the popups images, but it's show too in product_info thumbnails.

I have installed too Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.3.5

Can anybody help me, please?

Sorry for my poor english blush.gif

Regards!!!

There is a support thread for Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups , please use it.

In product_info.php Find:

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"', false, 5)

Replace with

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"')

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Means you put it in the wrong place, created an error or put it somewhere it wont execute.

It will say GD support on your server yes (+options) or no

it must be within a php file, not a html one

Thanks for your time...

I have it in http://www.gismozngadgets.com/store/contact_us.php but nothing comes up.. I asked my host and they said it is installed and can be confirmed at the following link http://gismozngadgets.com/phpinfo.php

Dont want to but might just do a fresh reinstall of Oscomerce, and install OscThumbs on the fly, then manually install all the oter contribs.. :(

Thanks for your time...

I have it in http://www.gismozngadgets.com/store/contact_us.php but nothing comes up.. I asked my host and they said it is installed and can be confirmed at the following link http://gismozngadgets.com/phpinfo.php

Dont want to but might just do a fresh reinstall of Oscomerce, and install OscThumbs on the fly, then manually install all the oter contribs.. :(

Created a PHP File on the fly using a PHP Editor, added your little script.. and Ran it..

GD support on your server:Yes

GD Version =bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

XBM Support =Yes

Jpeg Support =Yes

Options List:

FreeType SupportYes

FreeType LinkageYes

T1Lib SupportNo!!

GIF Read SupportYes

GIF Create SupportYes

JPG SupportYes

PNG SupportYes

WBMP SupportYes

XPM SupportYes

XBM SupportYes

JIS-mapped Japanese Font SupportNo!!

Watermark on thumbnail

There is a support thread for Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups , please use it.

In product_info.php Find:

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"', false, 5)

Replace with

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"')

Thanks for your answer, it solve my problem :)

Please excuse me, I thought that it was caused by oscThumb, by this reason I posted here :blush:

Thanks for all :)

Regards!!

Created a PHP File on the fly using a PHP Editor, added your little script.. and Ran it..

oK i HAVE fixed the problem...

Nothing to do with the editting of the files... i did a file compare of the files i needed to upload and files on the web server i somehow missed 6 files that did not upload properly.

Thank you Sam and all for your time, and assistance

Hello!!,

Two little issues,

1 - Thumbnails in admin are deformed, is this correct?

2 - PNG images are transformed in blank images (also with watermark if enabled).

My server support GD PNG.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!!!

2 - PNG images are transformed in blank images (also with watermark if enabled).

Same problem wih me,

othertime its transformed with a grey background if transparent.

Try to change Use Zoom Crop to True.

My config:

oscThumb Master Switch On

Process Store's Graphics False

Encrypt Image Filenames True

Filename Encryption Key blackhole bilbao

Output GIFs as JPEGs False

'GIF as JPEG' Matte colour (HEX) FFFFFF

Thumbnail Cache directory phpThumb/cache/

Use Zoom Crop? True

My problem is when diferent product have the same image asigned.

When listing products images with various contributions phpthumb takes the first image queried and cached it. But the second image appears in the same size.

For example I want the product_image with big size , and down optional products with small size.

Does anybody kwons how to fix this????

Hello everyone!

First i want to say thank you for this great contribution!

I have installed the last version of oscThumb (1.1.2), and it works fine, but there is still one problem:

In the images section (in admin panel), i set the "product information image width" parameter at 300px (because i want to see the image in productinfo page at this dimension, but i also want to see the same image in "specials" box and "what's new" box with original settings for small images - 100px*80px)

I switch on the contribution, and nothing happened, it seems like it doesn't work. My image in productinfo page it's still 100px*80px.

Best regards!

Same problem wih me,

othertime its transformed with a grey background if transparent.

Try to change Use Zoom Crop to True.

My config:

oscThumb Master Switch On

Process Store's Graphics False

Encrypt Image Filenames True

Filename Encryption Key blackhole bilbao

Output GIFs as JPEGs False

'GIF as JPEG' Matte colour (HEX) FFFFFF

Thumbnail Cache directory phpThumb/cache/

Use Zoom Crop? True

My problem is when diferent product have the same image asigned.

When listing products images with various contributions phpthumb takes the first image queried and cached it. But the second image appears in the same size.

For example I want the product_image with big size , and down optional products with small size.

Does anybody kwons how to fix this????

Que va... siguen sin aparecer las miniaturas ni las fotos, solo la marca de agua

----

Using this config, images are still blank, only apears watermark.

Saludos!!!

-----

Regards!!!

Hello everyone!

First i want to say thank you for this great contribution!

I have installed the last version of oscThumb (1.1.2), and it works fine, but there is still one problem:

In the images section (in admin panel), i set the "product information image width" parameter at 300px (because i want to see the image in productinfo page at this dimension, but i also want to see the same image in "specials" box and "what's new" box with original settings for small images - 100px*80px)

I switch on the contribution, and nothing happened, it seems like it doesn't work. My image in productinfo page it's still 100px*80px.

Best regards!

Nevermind... I've fixed it! :thumbsup:

Hello and thank you Spooks, :D

it works except that the images do not show and I had this error:

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/********/www/********/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 271

Then I re-updated and I have no message but I still have no images generated :blush:

I set chmod 777 on cache

Sorry for my English :blush:

bump. i am getting the same php error msg. This is what all my images look like when i turn on oscthumb

error.jpg