• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where to begin?

Bodger

People

I am a noob to OSCommerce, but am an accomplished programmer. I have a few general questions so please bear with me.

1) I have no idea where to start or what to do with it, is there any example OSCommerce work I can look at to use as a template for my sites?

2) Can OSCommerce be used in a non SSL installation? What I mean by this is my site does not have an SSL, I would collect all but the CC# and then when the person is ready to check out, I would go to an external site which is provided by my merchant services provider which has the SSL. Can this be done?

3) I would like to write a plug in for a particular Merchant Services provider, they already have an "emulator" for Authorize.net requiring the user to modify the target url. I would basically copy the Authorize.net plugin and modify the url and other minor mods, and repackage it as my merchant service's plugin. Is this possible? How do I provide that plug-in to my Merchant Services providers clients? Can I just give them a file? Do they have to configure OSCommerce to use this plugin? Is it possible to get my Merchant Services Plugin in the master list (along with Authorize.net)?

Thank you

Bodger

a.k.a. Julian

1.) Yes, check here http://www.oscommerce.com/shops.php/demonstrations

2.) Yes, I currently use 2checkout and PayPal. You ca ncheck out my site at www.wizardsandwars.com. No test orders, please.

3.) It is very possible, but you'll need to get your answers for this part from someone more familiar with codeing payment mods.

BTW, what Merchant Service are you talking aobut, and what's the fees? I'm looking for an alternative to '2checkout'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

WandW and CC

Thanks for your reply, I will check out your references and see what I need to do about the payment modules.

Regarding the merchant services provider I am doing this for, you can contact them at

www.eprocessingnetwork.com

They are based in Great and Almighty Houston Texas (along with yours truly).

I know the president (I work for him directly and he is a personal friend) as far as the fees, there are a bunch of services they provide, it depends on what type of services you require.

Talk to Steve or Yvonne (she is in tech support) and tell them Julian sent you.

Bodger

a.k.a Julian

Cos your new to the forums I would imagine you dont know, but...

A lot wont see kindly to you advertising on here.

Too late now, but I wouldnt go around saying stuff like that too much dude.

Thanks for the offer but I am in the UK anyway, so I'll decline. :wink:

CC.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking.

I should have pm'd him with the question.

Sorry :oops:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived