• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Oscommerce background

celina2007

Hello everyone,

I was wondering i could insert an image as a background in my oscommerce store. I have seen this in one website, and i liked the idea.

Could anyone please tell me how to do it? I want to place the photo exactly as this website.

this is the url to the website:

http://www.swerve.co.uk/acatalog/T-Shirts.html

Best regards,

i think i know how to solve this,...

go to your stylesheet.ccs file in the catalog folder.. and near the top you should find

BODY {
 background: #ffffff;
 color: #000000;
 margin: 0px;

i think this is the code for the main background... if you chnage the backgound from what ever you have it ( for me i have it as "#ffffff") to what ever URL the image is.. i think it would come out on your website..

ps. you website looks really good, but it needs alot of tidying, such as the products are abit all over the place and the image of the man at the top left is abit off... but i love it

Ardley

Store:Gadget-Net

Thank you for your reply, but your suggestion didn't work for me, besides the website you saw is not mine. This one is just an illustration (example) of what i want my website to look like.

Please help me insert an image in the background as exactly the same as the website mentioned above.

Kind regards,

There's a lot of work involved in matching that site. You need to slice the image up for the sections you are going to put it in, then you either set some rules in the stylesheet for the table cells or you add the background image direct to the html. i.e.

Stylesheet

td.cellOne {
background-image:url('images/image_one.gif');
}

td.cellTwo {
background-image:url('images/image_two.gif');
}

td.cellThree {
background-image:url('images/image_three.gif');
}

HTML

<table width="200">
 <tr>
 <td class="cellOne">Some content</td><td class="cellTwo">More content</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td colspan="2" class="cellThree">Even more content</td>
 </tr>
</table>

Just the HTML without using the stylesheet

<table width="200">
 <tr>
 <td background="images/image_one.gif">Some content</td><td background="images/image_two.gif">More content</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td colspan="2" background="images/image_three.gif">Even more content</td>
 </tr>
</table>

And that is over-simplified!

Archived