• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

i would like some feedback pls

ylaurie

Personally, I hate splash pages so I would lose that. Your users can choose a language once they're in the store.

I would spend some time on the design. If you look at some of your competitors, you have some good looking, professionally designed sites to go up against and with much bigger product ranges. Your site does give the impression of someone selling from their bedroom. The "requests since" counter in the footer only helps in endorsing that. Other small things add to the overall amateur feel. Like missing category images, the buy now button that looks ok on a white background but terrible on the blue background, on a listing page.

Other things that wouldn't fill a buyer with confidence. You have no privacy policy, no contact page (that I could see) so no address or phone number, no SSL cert.

On the "neat stuff" page, you have nearly 10mb of images loading. Even on a fast connection, that takes a little while to download. How many would sit and wait for the page to load, given that they're probably not over impressed to begin with? Optimise all your images and install one of the thumbnail contributions.

I didn't go right through your store but those are the things I noticed, from what I looked at.

I'd work on pricing.

I just searched a few items on ebay and found them for much cheaper.

Duff Beer Bucket - $30 + shipping at your place. $15 plus shipping on ebay

DVR Card - 60fps $80 + shipping your place - $10-50 + shipping on ebay for up to a 120fps.

12V Adaptor - $12 + shipping your place - $7 + shipping ebay.

Sony Dome Cam - $145 + shipping your place - $75 plus shipping ebay.

Those are the first 4 that I searched. I'll be honest, you have to give a reason to shop somewhere. You can ditch splash pages and have amazing design work but there's no way i'm paying double for a product when I can get it off Ebay powersellers.

Hope that helps!

Personally, I hate splash pages so I would lose that. Your users can choose a language once they're in the store.

I would spend some time on the design. If you look at some of your competitors, you have some good looking, professionally designed sites to go up against and with much bigger product ranges. Your site does give the impression of someone selling from their bedroom. The "requests since" counter in the footer only helps in endorsing that. Other small things add to the overall amateur feel. Like missing category images, the buy now button that looks ok on a white background but terrible on the blue background, on a listing page.

Other things that wouldn't fill a buyer with confidence. You have no privacy policy, no contact page (that I could see) so no address or phone number, no SSL cert.

On the "neat stuff" page, you have nearly 10mb of images loading. Even on a fast connection, that takes a little while to download. How many would sit and wait for the page to load, given that they're probably not over impressed to begin with? Optimise all your images and install one of the thumbnail contributions.

I didn't go right through your store but those are the things I noticed, from what I looked at.

Thanks for the feedback. You know how it is when you ask friends or family, they say it looks great but you wonder if they're just being nice. I will consider making some changes to improve it. L

Archived