• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: fsockopen() has been disabled for security reasons in /www/789mb.com/c/a/n/candybond/htdocs/store/admin/includes/classes/class.smtp.php on li

I want to run my email Externally(not my osCommerce host). I loaded the contribution "smtp-auth-update", edited the smtp_sql.sql file (to my smtp settings) and now when I try to send mail I get this:

Warning: fsockopen() has been disabled for security reasons in /www/789mb.com/c/a/n/candybond/htdocs/store/admin/includes/classes/class.smtp.php on line 93

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/789mb.com/c/a/n/candybond/htdocs/store/admin/includes/classes/class.smtp.php:93) in /www/789mb.com/c/a/n/candybond/htdocs/store/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 17

[i know thta fsockopen() is disabled with the host because its a Free Server, thats why I want to us an External SMTP]

Do you have Any Ideas or directions I can follow to patch it up?

If it's not allowed server side you got no chance to override it. But anyways, you're trying to make money with your shop but refuse to spent some to get a host that allows you to send mails?

Sorry for that harsh comment, but to make money you have to invest some money. And webspace is cheap nowadays....

If it's not allowed server side you got no chance to override it. But anyways, you're trying to make money with your shop but refuse to spent some to get a host that allows you to send mails?

Sorry for that harsh comment, but to make money you have to invest some money. And webspace is cheap nowadays....

:lol: LOL Thanks for raising my lifting the hair on my back Nullachtfuffzehn.

But I am cheap, cheap and cheaper.

No worries about your comment but my reasoning is that I am just experimenting with OSC and its functions.

(I think it's fair enough to assume that if I can get OSC fully functional on a free server than it will definitaly install and run on a paid webspace.) Then I could also help others wanting to be little cheap wired webmasters(if it did work).

I thought ther was a Contribution that would do it all outside of the localhost? I Could be wrong.

Archived