• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Whos Bookmarked?

enigmabunny

does anyone know a way to find out how many people bookmark my site?

Google

Go to Google

Click on sign in (top right hand corner)

Don't have a Google Account?

Create an account now

Once you have your account set up;

My Account

My Services -> Webmaster Tools

via the Dashboard, add your site(s)

youĺl need to copy the verify code and paste it into your index.php file (within the <META> headers)

Once the site has been verified, they will start to crawl for data. Then you can click on the site name link - which will open up further tools, one of which is LINKS.

Click on that and it gives you further tools, one of which is "Pages that link to yours". That is where you'll find the list of all pages/sites that have a link to your site.

Bear in mind that it will probably take a couple of weeks after you set all this up before google will have crawled sufficient sites looking for the data to populate that list with.

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

thanx for the reply, but wouldnt that just show me people who have a link to me? im actually looking to find a way of seeing how many people have bookmarked me.

I don't think there is any way for you to get that data from people's browser's favorites/bookmarks.

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

You're right it only shows who has a link to your site, and those links only show up, if Google knows about it. Remember, Google doesn't know any thing (although some people think google knows anything).

Don't know what tools your web hoster provides you with, but for example awstats gives you a list of IP's that have bookmarked your site. You may take a look.

Archived