• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to back up store?

crazyweb

you will make a copy of every file you have and also make an entire backup of the sql database

HTH

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

you will make a copy of every file you have and also make an entire backup of the sql database

HTH

how do I do that....give me some example please...does it mean I have to download the SQL Database to my computer and use FTP to download other files?...and I just wondering what the SQL Database hold?(i am new to SQL stuff)

Teaching is learning.

how do I do that....give me some example please...does it mean I have to download the SQL Database to my computer and use FTP to download other files?...and I just wondering what the SQL Database hold?(i am new to SQL stuff)

You would need to FTP the entire directory/file structure of your site to a suitable folder on your local machine (be aware, this will take some time - especially all the image files)

As far as the SQL Database is concerned, it may not be on the same machine as your website - it depends how it's hosted and their particular setup.

The best way to back up the database is using PHPmySQL, which should already be installed. from there, you can export the entire database in a suitable format and download the file to your local machine. Bear in mid that if you actually want to use the database on your local machine, it will have to be loaded into a MySQL database server installed on your local machine (although you can read the raw data in any spreadsheet if you export in cvs for example).

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

As far as the SQL Database is concerned, it may not be on the same machine as your website - it depends how it's hosted and their particular setup.

The best way to back up the database is using PHPmySQL, which should already be installed. from there, you can export the entire database in a suitable format and download the file to your local machine. Bear in mid that if you actually want to use the database on your local machine, it will have to be loaded into a MySQL database server installed on your local machine (although you can read the raw data in any spreadsheet if you export in cvs for example).

I dont't get this line?

Teaching is learning.

Archived