• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where are customer records stored on server?

breadtopia

Hi. I need to access my customer records on my server only I don't know where they are stored. Can someone tell me?

Thanks.

They're stored in the database, which is accessed through /admin/customers.php &/or /admin/orders.php depending on whether you want customer's name and address info or info on customer's orders.

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

Thanks but I'm kinda dense on these things. You see (don't tell anyone) I switched off osCommerce to another service. I have hard copies of my osCommerce customer records, but would like to access the digital format which I'm thinking must still exist somewhere on the old server. I can no longer access through the usual Shopping Cart Admin.

The customers.php and orders.php is just html code to my eyes. Where is the actual customer data stored (i.e. names, addresses etc)? Is it there somewhere?

Thanks again.

Check your phpMyAdmin if the old database still exists. If so, check the customers tables.

If the database doesn't exist anymore, create a new one and import the most recent database backup. You'll find the informations you're looking for in that new database then.

Check your phpMyAdmin if the old database still exists. If so, check the customers tables.

If the database doesn't exist anymore, create a new one and import the most recent database backup. You'll find the informations you're looking for in that new database then.

In order to do that, you'll need to be running Apache, PHP and MySQL server. Your best bet is to download and install WAMP (for Windows) or LAMP (for Linux).

If you no longer have access to the original database server and don't have a backup stored locally, then you are basically stuffed.

Reminds me of the old saying: Backup, backup, backup - then when you need the data, it's there......

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

Archived