• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! My pictures are resizing themselves to super sizes!

For some reason my pictures have all decided they don't want to play nice anymore and they are not appearing as per normal. Some are going SUPER big while others are the sizes they are meant to be. Also, on my home page I have a fade in fade out spot and the pictures are rotating in that really slowly. Even the stars in my banner seem to be finding it hard to sparkle!!!

The images resizing is driving me INSANE. Normally if it comes up too big I can edit the pic and adjust the size before uplaoding again... but it wont let me edit them at all.

Can someone PLEASE help me to fix this? I've paid for advertising and need to get all my products up before it starts and after the HOURS I've put in getting the pics decent it makes me depressed to think it was all for nothing......

Any help would be enormously appreciated.

Cheers!

Allcraftz

admin > configuration > images and set the Small Image Width to say 150px and leave the height set to 0px so they self adjust and don't distort.

Thanks, I'll go try it. I've listed hundreds of items before without any problems and cant understand why this would happen now. I have it set to 100 wide and leave height blank, but will see if it is showing something else.

Cheers!

Ok, I had a look and nothing has changed in there.... the settings haven't changed.... this is what they are and have always been... any other ideas???

Small Image Width 100

Small Image Height

Heading Image Width

Heading Image Height 50

Subcategory Image Width

Subcategory Image Height 50

Calculate Image Size true

Image Required true

For some reason my pictures have all decided they don't want to play nice anymore and they are not appearing as per normal. Some are going SUPER big while others are the sizes they are meant to be. Also, on my home page I have a fade in fade out spot and the pictures are rotating in that really slowly. Even the stars in my banner seem to be finding it hard to sparkle!!!

The images resizing is driving me INSANE. Normally if it comes up too big I can edit the pic and adjust the size before uplaoding again... but it wont let me edit them at all.

Can someone PLEASE help me to fix this? I've paid for advertising and need to get all my products up before it starts and after the HOURS I've put in getting the pics decent it makes me depressed to think it was all for nothing......

Any help would be enormously appreciated.

Cheers!

Allcraftz

What you really need to do is make your images a more reasonable size - say, something between 300px and 500px. Any bigger than that and they're going to be too big for the customer to see without scrolling and they'll make your pages load really slow.

For instance, if each image is 1 - 2 MB and you have 15 items to a page, each page is going to be a 20 - 30MB download for each person on your site. That's a lot of server traffic.

Whereas, if you make your images 300 - 500 px and about 20 - 50Kb each, your customers only have to download 300 - 750 Kb for each page - that's a massive difference.

It's simple to reduce the size of your scanned images, either at the scan stage or in any image editor after they've been scanned.

(additional)

I forget to mention - I do all our images at 365x365px. You can see examples here:

http://www.apnea.co.uk/product_info.php?cP...products_id=520

The large image appears when you hover over the small image (avoids javascript)

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

Also... as to images... if I look at the ones on my homepage, some are distorted and resized to be really big, but others stay as they should be. Seems strange that only some are having it happen and not all... also, when you click on a pic to go into the description section, the image is still showing wrong in there too- then if you click it to enlarge it, it actually shows as it's meant to, but is coming up as smaller than the description pic.... I just really wish I had a magic wand....

Your help would be great with this one.....

All of my pictures are always set to be between 100 and 500, never ever over that. Any that are showing over that are because something is going on with my website and they are resizing by themselves... if you actually click on the pic, to go into the description, then click "enlarge" the pic shows in the size I actually had it at, which is a LOT smaller on all of the chipboard number,s letters etc showing as recently listed- I had them all set at a much lower size. For example, on the front page it's showing a giant border strip... properties there show as 100 x 714, I actually did that as 70 x 500... not a huge amount of difference but it does make a difference in display size, etc.... and why is this only happening now??? I've been listing items for several weeks now and this is the first time they've become HUGE on me!!!

hmmm.... all my letters/numbers in the chipboard ~ scrap fx ~ section of my site were saved and enterred as 50x125px, and are showing in when you click enlarge as this size... but on the list page and description page it is showing at double that.... why???

I had a look at the images on your site as well- your pixels and your kb are all set as larger than mine but some alien fruitloop is making mine appear bigger!!! I don't understand this at all......

Is there a live chat technical support section for oscommerce so I can see if someone can help me with this? I have thousands of items to list and dont want it looking so inconsistent.... it looks unprofessional and I hate it!

when I go into my admin section, it is showing a different page to what i normally see.... does this mean something? What am I meant to do here???

Database Backup Manager

Title Date Size Action

Download db_allcraft_allcraftz-20070823173754.sql 23.08.2007 17:37:54 284,791 bytes

Wish my web designer would come back.... I know how to do listings, emails, links, etc.... but have NO idea about how to do the designing part...

Archived