• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing the colour in the left and right colum

charlie27

Thanks so much for all the info on this page...I just need a little extra help ...IT is definately not my thing!!

Could someone please tell me how to change the colours in the colums on the left and right. From what I have read 000000 is black and ffffff is white ...I am trying to achieve black boxes with white writting. I know I need to change the "background" to 000000 and "colour" to ffffff but could someone explain which part in the style sheet do I change to have all my boxes black with white writting..I would be very gratefull... Thanks Tania

(I need HTML for dummies...as I have no idea!)

Thanks so much for all the info on this page...I just need a little extra help ...IT is definately not my thing!!

Could someone please tell me how to change the colours in the colums on the left and right. From what I have read 000000 is black and ffffff is white ...I am trying to achieve black boxes with white writting. I know I need to change the "background" to 000000 and "colour" to ffffff but could someone explain which part in the style sheet do I change to have all my boxes black with white writting..I would be very gratefull... Thanks Tania

(I need HTML for dummies...as I have no idea!)

You can change /catalog/styleseet.css. Look for the class infoBoxContents. Currently only the background is specified but you can also change the color by adding the color attribute and set it to what ever you want. If the color attribute is not specified as it is the case, it defaults to black.

-Ben

You can change /catalog/styleseet.css. Look for the class infoBoxContents. Currently only the background is specified but you can also change the color by adding the color attribute and set it to what ever you want. If the color attribute is not specified as it is the case, it defaults to black.

-Ben

Ahhhh, Thanks Ben

I will give it a try!

am trying to achieve black boxes with white writting.

Background in infobox heading comes from images stored in \images\infobox which has 4 files --- in light gray color as default.

If you want black background -- you would have to replace the images with black one's. This part is not handled by css.

Thanks

Gaurav

Best Regards,
Gaurav

• 5 weeks later...

-Ben

thanks! this was what i was looking for!

• 2 months later...
Hi

and if I would like to change the background of the collum so not the info boxes.

like on this site ( who has also the same colour ont he boxes) how do I do that?

http://www.diveshop.nl/

thx

Edwin

p.s. I did try to do this with the stylesheet only it does not seem to have a class defined I think

This may help you in your quest: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,stylesheet

Archived