• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Putting datafeeds onto my site

Envydia

I need to figure out how to add a datafeed onto my website. I had someone do everything on my site and I dont know how to use any functions on oscommerce so please speak to me in terms I can understand. I believe some are on excel files or csv I am not sure. Everyone tells me I have to upload it one by one, but how is that possible when they tell you once the datafeed is uploaded you just change the link everyday with the updated one so please someone please help me.

I can be emailed directly at mgm32837 at yahoo dot com which I will be able to check faster.

www.fragrancex.com is an example....

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that you can import the dbase as csv.You will have to go to host admin set-up(cpanel or vdec).Got to myphp admin(you have to put a password again) Click on you dbase name fro pull-down menu.(on left) .At top you should see some menus.one of the is Import.Clcik on and then supplay the dbase file(small window-browse).

Hi, jesphoto, I understood everything u said but got a little lost at the end. After I clicked import I went to browse found the file I was looking for and selected go but then I am not sure what to do from there. Please help... Thank you

I received this message when trying to import the file. If anyone can tell me this step by step I would be soo grateful, since I have been almost a year figuring this out and I havent yet found the answer.

Error

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 318

STR: ://

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'brand,style,productid,retail,discount,cost,quantity,size,Description,Attachm

ent,' at line 1

The only thing I can figure out is to download the easypolulate contribution.Import your dbase there and see where the error come.I know how to impoert/export the dbase and this is as fas as my knowledge about dbase goes.I learned the "hard way" when I exported in wrong format.It took me 3 days to find the way to correct.

In php those // means that someone try to comment out a line( I think).I am using sometimes when I try to do some changes.I never use easypopulate or excel.

I hope that there is someone with more knowledge that me.

Just a quick- can you open that dbase in excel and see where the // symbols are.Try to remove it and import again.Just make a copy of original in a case something goes wrong.

This sounds as if your designer had a system to upload a file onto your web site.

How they did it will depend on their skills.

Have a look in you admin area and see if Easy Populate and or Easy Populate Assistant have been installed.

Read the support forums and assciated documentations which will explain how to use these contributions step by step and in laymans terms.

Once you understand how to use these packages to import the data you need to figure out how to get the data you get from your supplier onto your site so you can imprt it using Easy populate.

Enjoy

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I don't have it installed in my admin section. I have searchd all over this forum and either no one understands what I am talking about or there is nothing about what I want.I tried downloading easy populate with no success...

Anyone else please help if you read this I have only 2 who have responded and over 100 who have read my plea for help.....

If there is a tutorial or a book on how to use Oscommerce someone please let me know...

thank you anyways geoffreywalton

Ok I found out no one knows what datafeeds are but this is what I think I am looking for if someone can help me with this sep by step in layman's terms.

Export / Edit and Import an Excel CSV via phpmyadmin

Hi

Ok you went and saw the contributions were not installed.

Have a look in you admin area and see if Easy Populate and or Easy Populate Assistant have been installed.

Read the support forums and assciated documentations which will explain how to use these contributions step by step and in laymans terms.

Once you understand how to use these packages to import the data you need to figure out how to get the data you get from your supplier onto your site so you can imprt it using Easy populate.

Maybe I missed out the step of if it isn't there install it.

Then "Read ........

To reformat excel/csv files into a format that can be uploaded onto your site is what Easy Populate does.

So once again download the contribution, read the documentation, install it, test it, use it ( or get someone to do it for you. )

Enjoy

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

So exactly what is a "datafeed"?

:unsure:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived