• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

confirmation Email template text help?

yumiko

Below is the email i received at my hotmail when i tried registering myself as a member .

I am using localhost and phpmailer to send it out. Though successfully receive email, but the template is a total mess... i did not edit the create_account.php page.. but i do not know why the email receive is like this

can anyone help ?? How to make it become better ... the \n\n doesn't seems to give new lines to it.

Please help thanks!

=================================================================

Here it goes:...

--=_52d72a16545b75188f045258ee650c1c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dear Ms. ssss, We welcome you to A&M. Your username is: [email protected] Your password is: 123456 ************** SAVE OR PRINT THIS EMAIL SO YOU CAN LOGIN LATER ************** You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include: Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out. Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves. Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us. Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers. For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: [email protected]. **Note: You are receiving this email if you placed an order at AnM.COM OR you signed up for the newsletter. IF YOU UNCHECKED NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBTION, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE FURTHER EMAILS AFTER YOUR ORDER IS FULFILLED. --=_52d72a16545b75188f045258ee650c1c Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear Ms. ssss,

We welcome you to A&M.

Your us= ername is: [email protected]

Your password is: 123= 456

************** SAVE OR PRINT THIS EMAIL SO YOU CAN LOGIN LAT= ER ************** You can now take part in the various services we h= ave to offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent C= art - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you rem= ove them, or check them out.

Address Book - We can now delive= r your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to sen= d birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.

Order = History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.

Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our oth= er customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email= the store-owner: [email protected].

**Note: You are recei= ving this email if you placed an order at AnM.COM OR you signed up fo= r the newsletter. IF YOU UNCHECKED NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBTION, YOU WILL NOT RE= CEIVE FURTHER EMAILS AFTER YOUR ORDER IS FULFILLED.

--=_52d72a16545b75188f045258ee650c1c--

Pls help

Thanks a lot =)

• 3 years later...

My Customer is receiving the same Auto reply email like the above only once he successfully completed registering in my website, but he is not receiving his User ID and Password Details in the email,

Can any one please kindly help me, my customer also needs to display his User ID and Password Details in Auto reply email

Thanks a Lot

You probably have your email set to 'html' . (see admin -> configuration -> email options -> Use MIME HTML When sending emails)

The \n\n is ignored by html. The problem is that the OSCommerce email function does not send emails in both html and text, which it should. To solve this problem and to make it easy to customize the order confirmation and other emails use my contribution, mail manager. (It will work with both 2.2 and 2.3).

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

Archived