• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Spoof sites in my catalog files

srober

I have received a email about having a spoof bank site on my website. I didnt even know what a spoof site was untill today. They was located in catalog/pdf (pdf is a file I created to store my pdf files :P) I emailed my webserver provider and received the following.

Most likely you have scripts in your account that are out-of-date and have vulnerabilities present which are not in patches released. Updating your scripts should solve this vulnerability issue.

What does that mean? Is that something to do with updating something in oscommerce?

First you need to download the most current copy of oscommerce and inside you will find an update file. You need to follow the instructions that are inside it to make sure you have all the current patches.

You also need to do a file compare and delete and remove files that do not belong in your shop. Make files read only with the exception of your images and you should place a blank index.html file inside all images folders. Place a blank index.html in all downloads folders as well.

First you need to download the most current copy of oscommerce and inside you will find an update file. You need to follow the instructions that are inside it to make sure you have all the current patches.

You also need to do a file compare and delete and remove files that do not belong in your shop. Make files read only with the exception of your images and you should place a blank index.html file inside all images folders. Place a blank index.html in all downloads folders as well.

Thanks for the responce I will work on that

Archived