• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

authentication support

dave_gl

I am trying to install osCommerce using godaddy and there mysql server. I created a database and when I start the instillation the first attempt to connect to the database gives me the fallowing error.

There was a problem connecting to the database server. The following error had occured:

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I have run out of things to try...

Dave

I am trying to install osCommerce using godaddy and there mysql server. I created a database and when I start the instillation the first attempt to connect to the database gives me the fallowing error.

There was a problem connecting to the database server. The following error had occured:

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I have run out of things to try...

Dave

Dave,

Godaddy doesn't use hostname but a real server name, to find it go to hosting manager. Maybe hat's your problem, if not than you need to give us more information about the problem and your settings to help you out.

Good luck!!

Ben

The Database server is "h41mysql51.secureserver.net" created through godaddy,

I enter the database server, name, user and password in the first screen of the setup and I keep getting the authentication protocol error. I can open the mysql database with phpMyAdmin.

I have tried different mysql versions offered by the host, godaddy.

So my setup is all osCommers files are copied to www.myweb/…

The database was created and the server information and database name, and user name entered in to the install screen.

But I am unable to go any further.

Dave

The Database server is "h41mysql51.secureserver.net" created through godaddy,

I enter the database server, name, user and password in the first screen of the setup and I keep getting the authentication protocol error. I can open the mysql database with phpMyAdmin.

I have tried different mysql versions offered by the host, godaddy.

So my setup is all osCommers files are copied to www.myweb/…

The database was created and the server information and database name, and user name entered in to the install screen.

But I am unable to go any further.

Dave

Dave,

On GoDaddy web hosting, the database name and the user name need to be the same. So if your username is oscommerce, then the following lines in /includes/configure.php should be:

define('DB_SERVER', 'h41mysql51.secureserver.net');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'oscommerce');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'your_password_here');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'oscommerce');

Good luck!!

Ben

Thanks Ben,

That is what I have in the config.php but it did not help. I am wondering if I need a copy of mySql on my computer. At $500/year for a license so that I can run the install just doesnot seem right. And I am reluctant to invest that much and not have it help the problem.

Dave

A google search on the mysql message perhaps gives the answer.....

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

Tom

Tom

I did the search and found that link. I have tried creating the database in both 4.2 and 5.0 mySql revs. This option is provided by godaddy, but the client side is still godaddy. I don’t seem to have control of the version of php compiler or mySql client /server.

Is it required that I have a mySql client on my computer in order to install osCommerce when the host server and client is a third party?

Dave

I can open the mysql database with phpMyAdmin

if phpmyadmin works, your installed version of PHP would work as well...

Using phpmyadmin - check user table and see what are the privilege defined for userid created by you.

Cheers

Gaurav

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Archived