• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

i need help with googlebase feeder (froogle)

jasyn

i use the googlebase/froogle feeder that flyingmonkey created here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4513. i sell car parts on my oscommerce site. i create the bulk upload file and for the item type i select "products". everything uploads fine, i'm approved and then searchable. then come the e-mails from google.

Issues:

- Irrelevant product type

-----------------
- Irrelevant product type: We noticed that some of the product_type values you included aren't relevant to your items. For example, your item titled "Tein Comfort Sport Damper 1993-1998 Toyota Supra" should include a more relevant product_type value, such as "Vehicle parts."

inside my text file, for that product, the product_type is listed as "Suspensions, Coilovers, Toyota". i'm sure it does that because that is the way my categorie tree is branched out. so what exactly is google's problem? i don't get how CLEARER my upload file can get. has anyone else have issues with google being so anal about it? i don't get what's the use of this contribution if every time google's complaining.

am i doing something wrong?

Archived