• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which should I install... Please help

I am a web design student and am looking to expand and practice some skills I have learned. I am installing a clean version of oscommerce to play around with and will not be lauching a real store with it. My question is I am looking to designs the main page or template part of it. Which is better.... from a professional designs point... to designs from the basic install, to install STS or to install BTS.. which ones work better for design perspectives..

Just looking for opinions Thanks!

I am a web design student and am looking to expand and practice some skills I have learned. I am installing a clean version of oscommerce to play around with and will not be lauching a real store with it. My question is I am looking to designs the main page or template part of it. Which is better.... from a professional designs point... to designs from the basic install, to install STS or to install BTS.. which ones work better for design perspectives..

Just looking for opinions Thanks!

I think to practise designs STS is probably easiest.

BTS can become pretty complicated.

Without a template system on the basic install will be very time consuming if you plan for trying out different designs.

Alternatively, if you just trying out and to learn stuff, you might also have a look at the alpha code for the 3.0 release. It has its own templating system buillt-in. But 3.0 is not ready for a real shop, and you might come across bugs that might eeuuhh bug you ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt