• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EMERGENCY - Customers Cant Add Products to Shopping Cart!

tjmedeiros

I recently noticed that shoppers have been unable to add items to the cart. When I tested there doesn't seem to be any other issues other than the inability of a selected item from being added to the shopping cart.

I haven't changed any pages for several moths (no updates, no modules added, etc.), the only changes being adding more products.

Has anyone else seen this, know of an ongoing issue, or something else? I'm desperate, as I wouldn't know where to begin looking for a resolution to this. HELP!!!

Tom Medeiros

Vantaggio Design, LLC

Tom Medeiros

Apparently you're using the built in SEO URLs function. Did you try to turn it off? Should work then. This function is known to be buggy and should not be used.

Let me know.

OK..turned it off and it didn't help. Customers, (and myself) are unable to add items to the cart. When you click on an item and then click Add To Cart, it just goes to the cart and displays the "Your Cart Is Empty" dialog.

Tom Medeiros

Tom Medeiros

When I entered your shop I got a session error. Seems like the session variables are not set properly and so the cart cannot be displayed. But that's just a guess, since I can't debug the page.

Not sure why that is. I'm in there no problem. Here is the URL again.

https://www.shorebirdsathome.com/store/

Thanks for any help

Tom Medeiros

Tom Medeiros

Anyone have any ideas about fixing this? I notice when I mouse over the "add to cart" there is no oscsid created. Does this have anything to do with an improper session being set up?

Help please

Tom Medeiros

Tom Medeiros

OK, lets try this. Is there a way to reset all the admin settings to some sort of "default" or does a database restore also restore the admin settings?

Tom Medeiros

Tom Medeiros

I also just noticed a strange thing in the admin panel....there are dual listing for some items but not for others. An example. In the"Sessions" panel, there are dual listing for the sessions directory, both set to /tmp, dual listing for "prevent spider sessions", both false, and dual listings for "recreate session", both false, but all the other listing sre only there once. This is true for a lot of the other areas as well. What would cause this and why would I be seeing this all of a sudden? Has anyone else experienced this?

Tom Medeiros

Tom Medeiros

UPDATE for others: The shopping cart issue was resolved. For those others that might experience the same thing. It turns out my host forgot to apply my SSL certificate update.

Tom Medeiros

Archived