• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Someone please help me

laura.beasley

Hi All.

Please could someone with some osCommerce experience help me as I am really stuck with my admin page and as a very ineperienced website owner i am after as much advice and help as I can get.

I have a couple of things I am currently stuck with, I have seen a few other similar questions but as a newbie I really dont understand the answers:

1) Some of my items weigh more than 1000g but for example I add 1500g it comes up as 999.99 and I just cannot change it.

2) I have set up table rate shipping for UK, however I want the same method for the rest of Europe, i canot figure out how to do this.

3) I would like to add a page with postage costs and terms and conditions, I don't know how to add this.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Anyone who can help it would be helpful to have the info in an idiots guide because as I said I haven't got a clue.

Thank you

Laura

If you need to ship to more than one zone then install the World Zones contribution - which allows you to set up 4 zones by default. You can add more by amendments to the code.

You use the Shipping & Returns page to add the textual information. Download and edit includes/languages/englih/shipping.php

If you cannot make edits to modules work then check this link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry923577

Vger

Thank you both for replying.

As for the postage I have found the contribution for the world zones, saved it in my documents. I then went into my file manager and uploaded the saved contribution into the shipping module. It appears in my file manager but now I don't know what to do.

Also

I got to the includes/language/English/Shipping and added the contribution there. It said it was saved successfully but I don't know what to do next.

Regarding that see this thread on Complete UK Shipping Module, posts 49-53.

Archived