• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Home page One Column Only

webmaster03

Index.php page - I know it has to be in the php script - but I notice the front main page of a T. Shirt shopping cart/os commerce store, the front page is in two columns - how do you change it so it is only one?

Either merge the two columns togeter, or remove the right column all toghether....

to get rid of a column from showing on a page follow this example

Change this:

<table border="0" width="715" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" align="center">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table>

to this

<tr>
<td width="<?php //echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php //require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
</table>

or remove the code and make it like this

<tr>
<td width="<?php //echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top">

HTH

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

to get rid of a column from showing on a page follow this example

Change this:

<tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
</table>

to this

<tr>
<td width="<?php //echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php //require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
</table>

or remove the code and make it like this

<tr>
<td width="<?php //echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top">

HTH

Thank you so much - but.... My index.php looks way different to your example... and actually, I already tried to change it - but no luck..... I wonder if I can attach the index.php to this forum - or better yet, can you you send me a private message - and I'll sent it to you that way?

send me a PM with your file and what you want to not show and I will show you

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Archived