• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Installation

asquier

I've just installed osCommerce and I can't figure out where to start to design the site. I've input a few products and done most of the admin stuff. How do you rearrange things on the home page? I used to do web design and I can't figure it out at all.

And how do you add content if the cart is the main web site. Things like "about us" and "info" pages.

I can't even figure out how to edit the text on the home page. It doesn't seem to be in the index page.

Thanks.

I've just installed osCommerce and I can't figure out where to start to design the site. I've input a few products and done most of the admin stuff. How do you rearrange things on the home page? I used to do web design and I can't figure it out at all.

And how do you add content if the cart is the main web site. Things like "about us" and "info" pages.

I can't even figure out how to edit the text on the home page. It doesn't seem to be in the index page.

Thanks.

are you new to this stuff? If you want to edit text on the home page you have to go through other php files...not just the index page itself.

Teaching is learning.

I'm new to all of this myself, but have pretty much got my site together in a week.

I suggest thinking of what you want to do, and then searching the forums for how you go about doing it. One by one... the learning curve is steep an goes in plateaus... but if I can figure stuff out anyone can!

Good Luck!

do not forget about the contribution section, HERE

A lot of addons you will want can be found there

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Archived