• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Best UK Royal Mail Contribution to use?

Broadsword

Hi,

I have installed OSCommerce and am in the process of configuring it and generally sorting it out.

I would like to be able enable the shop to automatically determine the price of Royal Mail postage dependant on the weight of the good purchased.

So, for example, if a customer buys 1 item that weight 2kg i want the only price that shows for P&P to be £3. And anything over 2kg to be £6.

I only want the 2 prices - based on weight. And its UK only so no need for different zones.

Is there a way of setting this up with what already comes with OSC? Or is there a contribution that would do this? I have looked at and downloaded a number of contributions but none seem top do what i want.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks

...just to add -

I have tried to work out the installed 'Table Rate' within OSC but it doesn't seem to work -

i have input - 1.99:3.50,50:6.90 - which, from what i understand would mean anything up to 1.99 costs 3.50 and then up to 50 costs 6.90.

But it does not go to the 6.90 cost until around 4-5 items ... 4 x 1.99 = 7.96. so it does not kick in when it should.

any idea what im doing wrong?

Archived