• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quantity 169491525423738 reduces price to £1!

oscjww103

I was messing about with trial orders on my site to figure out P&P charges and found that the magic quantity of 169491525423738 reduces the price to £1, anything over that is only maginally more expensive.

How can this be fixed?

or How can I code a maximum order quantity?

You are right, it does muck up the price!

Is a problem though? Would any merchant be liable?

It did throw up an error, but I didn't dare press "Confirm Order" in case it went through at the correct price!!

there's no liability no but its not very professional. there must be a simple way to impose a quantity limit or a limit on the number of digits. suggestions anyone?

Just checked that in my own store now, in shoppingcart, if you update to that number, you`ll see that the price goes down.

But when you tried to go to checkout, well $9.593.393.939.931.234 :D

So if the customer want`s this amount and pays for it, go ahead :D hehe

But the limit on text field is nice to have, say max 5 maybe 99999

Cheers, Cyber

I guess you could add an improvment that came with the RC1.

[iMPROVEMENT] Maximum Order Product Quantities [+SQL]

Database Changes to Perform:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Product Quantities In Shopping Cart', 'MAX_QTY_IN_CART', '99', 'Maximum number of product quantities that can be added to the shopping cart (0 for no limit)', '3', '19', now());

In catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

after line 82 add:

if (defined('MAX_QTY_IN_CART') && (MAX_QTY_IN_CART > 0) && ((int)$qty > MAX_QTY_IN_CART)) {
	$qty = MAX_QTY_IN_CART;
  }

after line 139 add:

if (defined('MAX_QTY_IN_CART') && (MAX_QTY_IN_CART > 0) && ((int)$quantity > MAX_QTY_IN_CART)) {
	$quantity = MAX_QTY_IN_CART;
  }

When done, you can decide how many items are possible to add to cart. The setting is in Admin->Configuration->Maximum Values->Product Quantities In Shopping Cart.

I believe the document that I'm reffering to, is within the RC1 release, better consult that document beforehand!

there's no liability no but its not very professional. there must be a simple way to impose a quantity limit or a limit on the number of digits. suggestions anyone?

I added a contrib called Change number of products ordered easily. The downloaded file is called ordmaxdropdown. This adds a dropdown to the shopping cart. Too many customers were changing quantities but not clicking update cart. With this mod, the cart auto updates when a new quantity is selected. Max quantity allowed is set in admin.

Then I added another one for deleting products. Remove product from cart button; it puts a little trash can image to click on and that deletes that item.

Tim

Archived