• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

donations contribution

newtech

I can only find one donations contribution and it does not work like I need and actually does not make sense how it was made to be used.

Here is what I need and does anyone know of any contrib that would work?

After a customer places and order they have the option to add a donation to the order. We would like it to be they could enter a specific amount and/or they would be presented with some options. The donation amount needs to be added to the order-the reason is that the products are actually free and any donation they make goes into the total and makes the invoice a tax-deductible receipt.

Any contrib that allows people to enter an amount that will be added to their order.

What I am thinking I could do would be to make various donation amounts as products. Then these products would be entered as "Suggested/Recommended" items. The problem with this is that it limits what people can donate.

I have come across a osc site, where the customer could add their own product description (donation perhaps), then add their price.

Unfortunately the guy wanted $50 for the code. Since the $ is weak against the £ its about £25 to me. I didn't progress it any further. I've been seeking other ways to achieve the same, but have not had time to sort anything out.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have come across a osc site, where the customer could add their own product description (donation perhaps), then add their price.

Unfortunately the guy wanted $50 for the code. Since the $ is weak against the £ its about £25 to me. I didn't progress it any further. I've been seeking other ways to achieve the same, but have not had time to sort anything out.

Been off to research the origin of this. The user name was Popthetop and I've found his website here - http://www.popthetop.com/ It looks like the OSC pages are down, however I can say the page used to allow you to enter your own amount, something like 12.33, rather than a multiple of 1.

But at least you can now contact the guy direct. I'd be pleased to know how you get on.

Steve.