• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Order To Store Owner

treycopeland

Maybe there is already a way to do this, but I just haven't found it yet. When a customer places an order, it emails the customer their invoice. Now, how is the store owner supposed to know that an order has been placed? I know they can go through like 3 steps in the admin panel to see all the customers listed and then check to see if they have a pending order.....but what if there are 1000 customers? Is there an easy way for the store owner/admin to see all the orders placed? Maybe an option to email the store owner of new orders? Thanks.

-Trey Copeland

Click on "Configuration".

On that page, set "Send Extra Order Emails To" to a valid email address that you want the order email to be sent to.

Save it.

:thumbsup:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Maybe there is already a way to do this, but I just haven't found it yet. When a customer places an order, it emails the customer their invoice. Now, how is the store owner supposed to know that an order has been placed? I know they can go through like 3 steps in the admin panel to see all the customers listed and then check to see if they have a pending order.....but what if there are 1000 customers? Is there an easy way for the store owner/admin to see all the orders placed? Maybe an option to email the store owner of new orders? Thanks.

-Trey Copeland

Hi Trey,

In catalog/checkout_process.php at line 261/262 you find the following lines:

if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }

replace this with:

tep_mail('***YOUR_NAME***', '***YOUR_EMAILADDRESS***', '***YOUR_SUBJECT***', $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

where ***YOUR_NAME*** is your own name or storename

***YOUR_EMAILADDRESS*** is the emailaddress where the orders should be sent to (like [email protected])

***YOUR_SUBJECT*** is the subject of the email that has to be sent for quick indexing this in your emailclient

Marcus

Archived