• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

whats worng with this code

I have free shipping per product V1.0 installed (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2517) and I’m trying to install V1.1, the problem is I don't want most of the features of v1.1. All I want is the ability to show "FREE SHIPPING!" on the product_listing page (only if free shipping is enabled on the product). I have managed to get "free shipping" displayed on every product but I only want it to be displayed if the product has free shipping enabled. The code I have added to product_listing is:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
		$lc_align = 'center';
		if ($listing['products_free_shipping'] = "true") {
		  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> <br><br><b>' . FREE_SHIPPING_FOR_THIS_PRODUCT . '</b> ';
		} else {
		  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
		}
		break;
	}

the code above displays "free shipping!" under the buy it now button on every product, even for products that don't qualify for free shipping (not good). I only want it to display if the product has free shipping enabled. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

You are declaring it true instead of evaluating if is true. This should work better (perhaps leaving out the quotes around true?):

if ($listing['products_free_shipping'] == "true") {

Many thanks for the suggestion, unfortunatly it didin't solve the issue.

if ($listing['products_free_shipping'] == "true") {

Didn't work.

if ($listing['products_free_shipping'] == true) {

also didn't work. Neither caused any error messages, just didn't display free shipping next to any products on product_listing.

I know nothing about php etc but I have noticed that the only reference in the database regarding free shipping is this:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_free_shipping` TINYINT( 1 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

Many thanks for the suggestion, unfortunatly it didin't solve the issue.

Judging from the sql you used to add this option to the database it should have been either

if ($listing['products_free_shipping'] == "1") {

or

if ($listing['products_free_shipping'] == 1) {

or

if ($listing['products_free_shipping'] == true) {

The fact that it doesn't give the desired result doesn't mean the code is wrong. You might have forgotten to add the field products_free_shipping to the queries in index.php.

You can perhaps check that also by outputting the $listing in includes/modules/product_listing.php (I assume). Probably somewhere after:

while $listing = tep_db_fetch_array(...

add:

echo '<pre>Listing: <br />';
print_r($listing);
echo '</pre>';

You might find that you don't see products_free_shipping in there.

You might have forgotten to add the field products_free_shipping to the queries in index.php.

That was the problem, I didn't add the four "p.products_free_shipping" in index.php . Works flawlessly now, I am one happy bunny :) .

Thanks for all your help Jan, I really do appreciate it. I wish I could get my head around php code and help others on the forum instead of just asking for help myself.

Archived