• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

what version of OSC do I have?

midwestb

Well I haven't modified my admin side of the store as of yet so the old logo is still there. . it is located on the logo. . in my case v 2.2 RC1

Is it not listed as the folder name or zip file name that you downloaded and installed?

Or if your hosting company set it up for you, you could ask them.

I never looked for it in just some "information" type area of the admin.

Hope this helps.

Kyla

Rangeline Design

Michigan USA

RC1 is easy to recognize, but prior versions are not. There is no detailed version information anywhere. Either you look at your downloaded .zip file if you still have it, or you can go through the files and look for code snippets that have been changed in prior updates. For the future I'd suggest to put a note about the installed version to a place where you can find it back easily.

I say not the latest release, due to the 2003 copyright at the bottom, ms2 has had 3 releases(I think), 2 prior to rc1, maybe one of those, did you look in your application_top.php file? it will say the version (only as far as ms2 or ms1 goes)

HTH

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Login to the Admin side of your website and navigate to Tools>Server Info.

That should tell you everything you need to know. :)

NICE thanks, can't believe I missed that! haha. osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

This would be the latest stable release then, correct?

ms2 has had 3 releases(I think), 2 prior to rc1----so it is one of those---rc1 is the latest stable

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Archived