• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Localhost to server

oscso

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and hope this community can help me ;)

My question is that, i installed oscommerce on my machine (localhost) and made a lots of modification in almost all the files.

Now that this part is done, i need to upload these files on a webserver, but i don't know how to manage this.

I mean, i already installed osc locally, so i guess this had made some configuration's modifications into the files, and i can't just upload my catalog foler on the server cuz the configuration for the server must be different right?

So how can i deal with that?

I hope i can get some answer soon ;)

thank you all

Alex

1. you could just upload/FTP all files to the server and make necessary changes to th etwo configure.php files; or

2. you could install a new osc on the server and let the installation scripts to create the two configure.php files for you, then upload all files except the two local configure.php files to the server over-writing all files on the server.

Both of the above would require the database be created/set up properly on the server.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Archived